• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins' Kirk Cousins: Still far apart on extension terms

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. How can anybody find fault with us when we don't know what he really wants in a LTD?

Well lets see, as for you Dean, you have been trying to off him at every possible turn since last season ended.

As for VT, far as I can tell he has never really been a Cousins supporter either.

So I dont find it that shocking that either of you are against signing Kirk Long term.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you and that writer refuse to answer the question. I think its a balls statement from that writer. I guess he didn't watch the Car or NYG games in Dec. lol

the defense gave up 438 yds , gave up 22 1st downs and allowed carolina to possess the ball for 34 .49 minutes and the qb is to blame . the same qb who led the team in rushing with 11 yards

i mean i showed these figures up above and the author is right , most of the games we won the offense overcame shoddy defense and the tie the offense put up 500yd plus yds while the defense gave up over 400 yds plus and a whopping 35 1st downs

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well lets see, as for you Dean, you have been trying to off him at every possible turn since last season ended.

As for VT, far as I can tell he has never really been a Cousins supporter either.

So I dont find it that shocking that either of you are against signing Kirk Long term.

Off him? not at all. You just have to be reasonable when looking at this.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the defense gave up 438 yds , gave up 22 1st downs and allowed carolina to possess the ball for 34 .49 minutes and the qb is to blame . the same qb who led the team in rushing with 11 yards

i mean i showed these figures up above and the author is right , most of the games we won the offense overcame shoddy defense and the tie the offense put up 500yd plus yds while the defense gave up over 400 yds plus and a whopping 35 1st downs

So KC is not responsible for the turnovers or 3 and outs against Carolina? OK skinsdad. You can state all the starts you want. How is it the defenses fault when your offense turns the ball over and goes 3 and out?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So KC is not responsible for the turnovers or 3 and outs against Carolina? OK skinsdad. You can state all the starts you want. How is it the defenses fault when your offense turns the ball over and goes 3 and out?
no he isnt , crowder fumbled , there were dropped passes and absolutely no running game . a total of 29 yards . KC also fumbled to be fair on a missed assignment . so what the skins asked him to do was win the game on his arm alone with little support from the defense which had 1 sack and no forced TO's

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and lets add that the giants had a top 10 ranked defense

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But but... for the money Kirk is asking for, he should be able to throw to him self, catch the ball, sack Newton seven times and rush for 200 yards a game. After all, isnt he asking for $300M guaranteed??

OH and dont forget there are ten QBs in the 2018 draft better than Kirk after all.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no he isnt , crowder fumbled , there were dropped passes and absolutely no running game . a total of 29 yards . KC also fumbled to be fair on a missed assignment . so what the skins asked him to do was win the game on his arm alone with little support from the defense which had 1 sack and no forced TO's

oh cmon. Offense has 3 turnovers and they had 335 total yards. How is that on the defense when u have 3 turnovers? Plus 2-12 on 3rd downs

Last edited:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh cmon. didn't he throw 2 INts?

For some one who swears they watch the games and says we should forget the stats, you seem to be all over the stats and didnt really watch the game apparently.

Here is a common theme. Kirk is throwing off balance in the Coleman INT because some one blew thier pickup in blocking and Kirk had to get the ball out.

Redskins Kirk Cousins picked off by Panthers Kurt Coleman

Some one tell me who blew the blocking assignment here that caused this throw to be rushed??

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some one who swears they watch the games and says we should forget the stats, you seem to be all over the stats and didnt really watch the game apparently.

Here is a common theme. Kirk is throwing off balance in the Coleman INT because some one blew thier pickup in blocking and Kirk had to get the ball out.

Some one tell me who blew the blocking assignment here that caused this throw to be rushed??
see he doesnt want to tell you that . its all KC's fault not the offense as a whole or the pathetic defensive performance

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I corrected my post. You guys put everything on the defense so whats the point of arguing.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I corrected my post. You guys put everything on the defense so whats the point of arguing.

NO we simply dont think that a GOOD QB who was incapable of carrying a pathetic Defense for 16 games should be discarded for the next great rookie sensation.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO we simply dont think that a GOOD QB who was incapable of carrying a pathetic Defense for 16 games should be discarded for the next great rookie sensation.

who said discarded? how is wait and see mean discarded?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who said discarded? how is wait and see mean discarded?

Because as i have stated, you are waiting to see if he fails. You already got one foot out the door and looking for the next sexy thing. If you expect him to succeed, or even stay at a competent level it makes little sense to wait and see how much more he will cost you.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because as i have stated, you are waiting to see if he fails. You already got one foot out the door and looking for the next sexy thing. If you expect him to succeed, or even stay at a competent level it makes little sense to wait and see how much more he will cost you.

Like I said cost doesn't matter when you have a proven player. did you read my Carr post? I cant wait to see the numbers now

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said cost doesn't matter when you have a proven player. did you read my Carr post? I cant wait to see the numbers now

Here is where you are wrong. Cost will matter because signing him NOW, we dont need to redo any contracts to have it work and still be able to resign guys like Pryor, Long and others.

Resign him now, and his cap hit next year is likely no more than $24M

Resign him next year, and his cap hit becomes probably closer to $30M, and damn near $35m if we have to tag him again.

We are going to eat $24M this year no matter what. I know you understand this, you just refuse to accept it. That extra $9-10M for waiting and seeing could cost us Pryor or some one else. And you will be the first one calling Kirk a greedy prick if they tag him again and it costs us some one else you wanted to resign.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is where you are wrong. Cost will matter because signing him NOW, we dont need to redo any contracts to have it work and still be able to resign guys like Pryor, Long and others.

Resign him now, and his cap hit next year is likely no more than $24M

Resign him next year, and his cap hit becomes probably closer to $30M, and damn near $35m if we have to tag him again.

We are going to eat $24M this year no matter what. I know you understand this, you just refuse to accept it. That extra $9-10M for waiting and seeing could cost us Pryor or some one else. And you will be the first one calling Kirk a greedy prick if they tag him again and it costs us some one else you wanted to resign.

read my Carr post

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
read my Carr post

I read your Carr post. It holds little merit, because at the end of the day you are still trying to use contract numbers to justify a I want to wait and see if he fails first mentality. If Kirk improves, he costs us more. If he stays at the same level, and the team finishes 8-8, he still costs us more to keep. So as has been stated for unmpteen million times, the only way wait and see benefits this team is if we are banking on him AND the team to fail bad enough where it wont cost us a boat load of draft picks to trade up.

I have also stated, even f Kirk does improve, many of you will simply try to write it off as the talent around him and start pitching that we should trade him while his value is high and try to then trade up for Darnold any way. I fully expect that no matter HOW this season plays out, there will be a portion of you calling for us to move on from Kirk if he isnt already on a long term deal... and I expect you to be leading the charge.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course wait and see hurts the team more financially . the only sensible thing since we are in year 3 of wait and see is to sign him at the lower cost because next year the jump off point will be 28-34 mil depending on the tag applied

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait... he must be making this up right??
He's just a stats guy. He doesn't actually watch the games. The defense clearly won more games last year than the offense (read KC) did. OR at least that is what our resident expert's response will be.......