• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins' Kirk Cousins: Still far apart on extension terms

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, you forget that most of these elites have been playing the position for any where from 8-12 years longer than Kirk, and in all cases starting for that entire time.

But I get it, you think we should maintain the option to go in another direction, never mind that more often than not doing that sets a team back. If we were talking Jason Campbell here, I would understand.

Im wondering how many after a missed throw will point out "See thats why we cant or shouldnt sign him long term. Yet after good games will point out that he should have done better with the talent around him.

Damn you guys are a tough crowd! Lol. If you don't tow the KC company line then somehow you are a hater. I was simply debating the point you made. I'm in no way implying that KC won't be a solid QB for years to come, just saying.. Until he wins something that means something, He is not going to be considered in the same sentence as these other guys.

--Aaron Rodgers rode the pine for the better part of 3 years behind Favre, Same as KC. Won the SB in year 3 as a starter.

--Brady led the talented Pats to the SB title in his 2nd year.

--Wilson, Same a Brady, won Super Bowl year 2.

...And FWIW, KCs first few years as QB isn't head and shoulders above what Campbell was wrt wins and losses. Obviously I think KC is a much better QB, but just for comparisons sake, KC hasn't won much more.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not dismissing it. He didn't play playoff caliber teams. You have to admit that.
it doesnt matter lose one and you are out period

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
box scores? ya stats. Im talking in games like the example I just gave with Dallas week 2
and i gave examples over and over again in that post with facts

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way guys, I will state this for the 100th time. I dont think Kirk is elite, and agree he might never be.

I do think him long term is better than the following options.

1. We pick up Grap (provided the Pats dont find a way to keep him) Or McCarron. Because I have seen what Oswiler and Cassel did. Sorry not worth the risk to me.

2. If we are in position to draft one of these Uber QBs it means one of two things.

A. We sucked so bad that we are picking in the top ten. If we are that bad, Gruden and most of the coaching staff are gone. In which case it wont matter if we draft Darnold, we are starting from scratch with a top heavy roster.

B. We didnt suck bad enough to not need to trade up. In which case we deal multiple picks to draft a QB with a roughly 20% chance of being the elite guy some crave.

Personally Im hopiong the team realizes that even if Kirk isnt elite, a long term deal allows them to actually do what we did this year and let the draft come to us, take the best player on the board, and spend the next three years building the roster instead of rebuilding the entire team.... again

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only similarities I see are how some of you Cuz fan-boys have no issue misrepresenting facts and/or just out and out lie about shit. You cats don't seem to realize we have computers with the same access as you do to shit on the net.

While its certainly plausible I've never heard any Boys fans dismiss any of the Redskins Super Bowl wins. Nor have I ever heard a Boys fan say the only reason we won was because we played starters against scabs. As that never happened.

The Redskins didn't have a regular player cross the strike line in 1982 or 1987. None. They did beat a Cowboys team though that had about 20 regular players/6 starters cross the picket line to play in the last game of the strike of 1987. A game in which the Skins won 13-7 and gave them a 3-0 record in strike played games of 1987.

Redskins Legacy: Replacements Shock Cowboys

A real lifelong Redskins fan who wasn't a baby/small child back in those days would know that. A Kirk Cousins fan-boy though might not. As he's probably spent too much time smoking and snorting the dingleberries he picked out of Kirk's ass crack. After he super-glued himself to Kirk's nut-sack.

Stop embarrassing yourself talking about shit you clearly know nothing about.
on the ESPN boards for over a decade that narrative was run out there . doubt it ? talk to honest cowboy fans about in at their board

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because you claim all kinds of crap one way and then when it comes to KC, you claim we can't know anything.

I didn't say you don't know anything.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way guys, I will state this for the 100th time. I dont think Kirk is elite, and agree he might never be.

I do think him long term is better than the following options.

1. We pick up Grap (provided the Pats dont find a way to keep him) Or McCarron. Because I have seen what Oswiler and Cassel did. Sorry not worth the risk to me.

2. If we are in position to draft one of these Uber QBs it means one of two things.

A. We sucked so bad that we are picking in the top ten. If we are that bad, Gruden and most of the coaching staff are gone. In which case it wont matter if we draft Darnold, we are starting from scratch with a top heavy roster.

B. We didnt suck bad enough to not need to trade up. In which case we deal multiple picks to draft a QB with a roughly 20% chance of being the elite guy some crave.

Personally Im hopiong the team realizes that even if Kirk isnt elite, a long term deal allows them to actually do what we did this year and let the draft come to us, take the best player on the board, and spend the next three years building the roster instead of rebuilding the entire team.... again

KC owes me a new TV b/c I broke mine after the Giants game. Maybe that's why im pissed. lol

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn you guys are a tough crowd! Lol. If you don't tow the KC company line then somehow you are a hater. I was simply debating the point you made. I'm in no way implying that KC won't be a solid QB for years to come, just saying.. Until he wins something that means something, He is not going to be considered in the same sentence as these other guys.

--Aaron Rodgers rode the pine for the better part of 3 years behind Favre, Same as KC. Won the SB in year 3 as a starter.

--Brady led the talented Pats to the SB title in his 2nd year.

--Wilson, Same a Brady, won Super Bowl year 2.

...And FWIW, KCs first few years as QB isn't head and shoulders above what Campbell was wrt wins and losses. Obviously I think KC is a much better QB, but just for comparisons sake, KC hasn't won much more.

Aaron Rodgers did ride the pine and learned from Favre. Rodgers also inherited a 13 win team that made the conference championship team while their defense was number 6 in scoring. Rodgers went 6-10 his first season as a starter after inheriting a 13 win team. They won the SB in 2010 when the Packers were the #2 scoring defense in the league.

Brady enjoyed the #1 scoring defense in 2003 and every SB he has won was completed with a top 2 scoring defense, except maybe one. NE was #12 in scoring offense that season.

Wilson also enjoyed the #1 scoring defense while leading the #18 scoring offense.

KC has enjoyed the 17th and 19th best scoring defenses. Those other players never had to overcome the loss of 3 first round picks and 2 second round picks. Something tells me we would be a bit better with those players on this team.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC owes me a new TV b/c I broke mine after the Giants game. Maybe that's why im pissed. lol

So the fact that you lacked self control and killed the vintage 1970 ultra color floor model, is reason enough for you to wanna see us risk going backwards??? Nice

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the fact that you lacked self control and killed the vintage 1970 ultra color floor model, is reason enough for you to wanna see us risk going backwards??? Nice

actually it was a 8 year old sony. My now ex girl was going top put me on youtube about my tirade but I just gave her the look and she decided not to do it. $1000 later, single, and new TV.:D

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Five reasons to sign Kirk long term now that have nothing to do with money, or how good he isnt.

1. The Skins pick Jeff George over Brad Johnson. We basically gave up on the solid, yet not elite QB in order to hang onto the former first round pick with the big arm.

Result: The Skins go back into perpetual QB hunt mode while Brad goes on to be just good enough to win a Super Bowl with a Bucs team that continued to build a dominant defense to play opposite thier above average QB.

2. Chargers choose Rivers over Brees. The Chargers assumed they could find a better QB than the still developing Brees. And While Rivers is a solid above average tier two QB.... well Brees went on to win a LOmbardi.. for the Saints.

3. Brock Oswiler... the Texans were desperate for a QB. They took what was apparently the best FA QB on the market last year and paid him a pretty good sum.

Result: Thank good for the Browns having an assload of cap space. So it only cost them a 2nd round pick to get some one to offload Oswilers fully guaranteed $16M this year or the Texans were semi fucked.

4. The RG3 trade. We all know what we gave up to try and take a short cut to find an elite QB.

Result... three years of first round picks and a second rounder and in exchange we got a one and done playoffs run, a coaching staff fired, and a fan base so fucking fractured that even now we dont know a good thing when we see it.

5. Heith Schuler...... Even when we didnt have to trade 4 picks for the guy who every one agreed was a sure fire elite QB. He went down faster than Traci Lords on the Titanic.

Result: 20 years of the Redskins still willing to do ANYTHING to try and find that elite QB including trade half a draft, and give up on Good QBs in the quest for Elite QBs.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually it was a 8 year old sony. My now ex girl was going top put me on youtube about my tirade but I just gave her the look and she decided not to do it. $1000 later, single, and new TV.:D

So you should be thankful to Kirk.

You got a better TV, and if she didnt understand your psychosis, she wasnt right for you any way.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you should be thankful to Kirk.

You got a better TV, and if she didnt understand your psychosis, she wasnt right for you any way.

it wasn't b/c of that maybe I should write a letter to KC for a new TV. What the hell is $1000 to him.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't cut a check to an idiot who broke their TV over a football game no matter how much money I had.

Come on guys. We are all grown here. We can disagree without calling names. :thumb:

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on guys. We are all grown here. We can disagree without calling names. :thumb:

I wasn't calling him a name because it is Dean. Anybody who breaks their TV over a football game is an idiot. Maybe I should have said it is idiotic to break your TV over the game.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't calling him a name because it is Dean. Anybody who breaks their TV over a football game is an idiot. Maybe I should have said it is idiotic to break your TV over the game.

you should donate to the Dean fund.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you should donate to the Dean fund.
I'll donate. I have an old black and white, no remote (apparently good for your situation...:D) that weighs about 100 lbs. you have to pick it up!:suds:

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll donate. I have an old black and white, no remote (apparently good for your situation...:D) that weighs about 100 lbs. you have to pick it up!:suds:

I got another Sony. I am happy with it.