• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins' Kirk Cousins: Still far apart on extension terms

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care about the cost if he wins. You seem to not understand this.

I think you were pretty clear there. As long as HE wins. He doesnt show up against good teams. Seems pretty clear you are laying most if not all of what ails this team on the QB.

But hey if HE becomes the primary reason we are winning... well then you dont care what it costs. Got it.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kirk Cousins win percentage against teams with a .500 record or better is pretty poor

Cousins owns a sub-.500 record as a starter (19-21-1). When facing teams with nine wins or more, he is 2-11, and 5-13 against teams with eight victories or more.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kirk Cousins win percentage against teams with a .500 record or better is pretty poor

Cousins owns a sub-.500 record as a starter (19-21-1). When facing teams with nine wins or more, he is 2-11, and 5-13 against teams with eight victories or more.

Shouldnt this read THE Redskins record over the last two years though?? Or is it 1 on 53 when we lose a game, but Kirk gets little or no credit when we win a game because the win came against a sub .500 team??

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shouldnt this read THE Redskins record over the last two years though?? Or is it 1 on 53 when we lose a game, but Kirk gets little or no credit when we win a game because the win came against a sub .500 team??

cmon man you have to admit that is bad. From thanksgiving on he has been bad in must win games. I give him credit for the Packers win but even then they were out multiple starters on defense. You can make good money in this league beating average to bad teams. Now we are talking major money I want to see it this year. I want to see him have good games against the AFC West. I want to see him outplay Wentz, Eli, and Dak. Let him do it this year.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cmon man you have to admit that is bad. From thanksgiving on he has been bad in must win games. I give him credit for the Packers win but even then they were out multiple starters on defense. You can make good money in this league beating average to bad teams. Now we are talking major money I want to see it this year. I want to see him have good games against the AFC West. I want to see him outplay Wentz, Eli, and Dak. Let him do it this year.

Actually he did outplay Eli, DAk and Wentz. Just because he wasnt able to overcome a historically HORRIBLE defense does not mean he had a poor season. Did he have some bad games?? Sure. But most QBs that are the center of the offense occasionally have a bad game.

Side not, I would not annointe Dak just yet. That Offense is all about Zek, and I will e interested to see how Dak does this year. Because we have sen plenty of surprise young QBs fall off the cliff in year two

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually he did outplay Eli, DAk and Wentz. Just because he wasnt able to overcome a historically HORRIBLE defense does not mean he had a poor season. Did he have some bad games?? Sure. But most QBs that are the center of the offense occasionally have a bad game.

Side not, I would not annointe Dak just yet. That Offense is all about Zek, and I will e interested to see how Dak does this year. Because we have sen plenty of surprise young QBs fall off the cliff in year two

He did not outplay Dak in Week 2. KC looked like the rookie in that game. I will give you Wentz both games b/c Wentz didn't have any offensive weapons last year. Eli was a split.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did not outplay Dak in Week 2. KC looked like the rookie in that game. I will give you Wentz both games b/c Wentz didn't have any offensive weapons last year. Eli was a split.

You want to break this down to a game by game basis. But in reality, if Kirk had a defense half as good as the Giants, or a run game as productive as Dallas.. we win the Division. Give this team both those things with the piss poor non elite production Kirk has given us over the past two years, and think about where this team would likely be.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want to break this down to a game by game basis. But in reality, if Kirk had a defense half as good as the Giants, or a run game as productive as Dallas.. we win the Division. Give this team both those things with the piss poor non elite production Kirk has given us over the past two years, and think about where this team would likely be.

that's false. We should of won that Dallas game. he missed 4td passes. the defense shouldn't of mattered. same with the 2nd Giants game the defense wasn't piss poor at all. He didn't step up. Should of been 5-1 in the division with a bad defense stat wise.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's false. We should of won that Dallas game. he missed 4td passes. the defense shouldn't of mattered. same with the 2nd Giants game the defense wasn't piss poor at all. He didn't step up. Should of been 5-1 in the division with a bad defense stat wise.

I never said he had a good game. He had a poor game, shit happens. You want to blaim him for every loss. How many of his INTs were due to WRs falling down, blown blocking assignments forcing poor or late throws. And Im sorry, the defense should matter in EVERY game. The Defense was historically bad, and has been for quite a few years now.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said he had a good game. He had a poor game, shit happens. You want to blaim him for every loss. How many of his INTs were due to WRs falling down, blown blocking assignments forcing poor or late throws. And Im sorry, the defense should matter in EVERY game. The Defense was historically bad, and has been for quite a few years now.

That INT he threw against dallas in the endzone was on not on the WR's. This is what I mean when its not about the stats. that play was a huge play in the game that should have been a win but turned into a loss. Yes the defense let him down in the Detroit and Cincy games. But the defense lifted him up in the Ravens,Phily,Min, and Eagles game. You guys refuse to acknowledge this.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That INT he threw against dallas in the endzone was on not on the WR's. This is what I mean when its not about the stats. that play was a huge play in the game that should have been a win but turned into a loss. Yes the defense let him down in the Detroit and Cincy games. But the defense lifted him up in the Ravens,Phily,Min, and Eagles game. You guys refuse to acknowledge this.

And Again I say you want to nit pick every litle play and blame the QB while glossing over the fact that

1. We had a historically bad defense he was trying to overcome
2. You are holding a guy with 2.5 years worth of starts to the standards of guys with 8-12 years worth of starting experience in most cases on much more talented teams over all.

You throw out the Kirk only plays good against bad teams. NO one faults or makes excuses for Rogers when he steam rolls bad teams.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Again I say you want to nit pick every litle play and blame the QB while glossing over the fact that

1. We had a historically bad defense he was trying to overcome
2. You are holding a guy with 2.5 years worth of starts to the standards of guys with 8-12 years worth of starting experience in most cases on much more talented teams over all.

You throw out the Kirk only plays good against bad teams. NO one faults or makes excuses for Rogers when he steam rolls bad teams.

nit pick? that was a huge play in a divisional game. The money is going to be insane for him so anybody has every right to nit pick. I already explained the defense aspect. Rodgers won a Super Bowl you dont or cant nit pick him.

Why cant we see him play this year without making the commitment? You say its more money if we wait so fine so pay it if he proves it on the field not the stat sheet.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nit pick? that was a huge play in a divisional game. The money is going to be insane for him so anybody has every right to nit pick. I already explained the defense aspect. Rodgers won a Super Bowl you dont or cant nit pick him.

Why cant we see him play this year without making the commitment? You say its more money if we wait so fine so pay it if he proves it on the field not the stat sheet.

Its nit picking because you are trying to use a few bad plays and one or two bad games to dismiss anything positive he has done.

You are also basing the if we pay him, not on his ability but on how the TEAM finishes. Unless I miss your meaning, if Kirk has a similar over all season to the last two, but the TEAM still fails to win a playoffs game, you then would prefer to take the rookie gamble. And on the chance that the TEAM does finish better, I fully expect the calls for trying to get a rookie because Kirk wants to much. And the Excuse will be, well any one could have done what Kirk did with the talent we put around him.

As I have stated before, I honestly dont think he could do anything short of winning a Lombardi AND taking a lowball deal to dissuade you and a few others from the idea that we would be better off just looking at next years draft no matter what.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its nit picking because you are trying to use a few bad plays and one or two bad games to dismiss anything positive he has done.

You are also basing the if we pay him, not on his ability but on how the TEAM finishes. Unless I miss your meaning, if Kirk has a similar over all season to the last two, but the TEAM still fails to win a playoffs game, you then would prefer to take the rookie gamble. And on the chance that the TEAM does finish better, I fully expect the calls for trying to get a rookie because Kirk wants to much. And the Excuse will be, well any one could have done what Kirk did with the talent we put around him.

As I have stated before, I honestly dont think he could do anything short of winning a Lombardi AND taking a lowball deal to dissuade you and a few others from the idea that we would be better off just looking at next years draft no matter what.

Wrong. if the same thing happens this year as last year that would mean he failed to win in big games against good teams. Then that off season saying I want huge money. Doenst make sense to me. If the team finishes better that would mean he won those big games then its a whole different story when it comes to his LTD.

Doenst have to win the Lombardi but has to show that he can win the big game for a playoff birth or to win the division. Or even a Week 2 game against Dallas at home. He should be able to win those. I dont understand the rush to pay him now when we dont know these things for sure. Plus like I said before he wants to play on the tag this year. He wont sign a LTD unless its a D. Carr like contract.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong. if the same thing happens this year as last year that would mean he failed to win in big games against good teams. Then that off season saying I want huge money. Doenst make sense to me. If the team finishes better that would mean he won those big games then its a whole different story when it comes to his LTD.

Doenst have to win the Lombardi but has to show that he can win the big game for a playoff birth or to win the division. Or even a Week 2 game against Dallas at home. He should be able to win those. I dont understand the rush to pay him now when we dont know these things for sure. Plus like I said before he wants to play on the tag this year. He wont sign a LTD unless its a D. Carr like contract.

So again, its all on Kirk. He is the sole reason we missed the playoffs. Thanks for pressing that point again.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So again, its all on Kirk. He is the sole reason we missed the playoffs. Thanks for pressing that point again.

no but the contract he will be getting should hold him to a higher standard. He is the Qb so he will be the most scrutinized on the team.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no but the contract he will be getting should hold him to a higher standard. He is the Qb so he will be the most scrutinized on the team.

And thats as it should be. But the tendency to absolve a shitty defense that you have makes ZERO sense. I wonder how you would react if we got one of these prized first round rookies and they performed the same as Kirk with these results. My bet is you would NOT be as critical.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And thats as it should be. But the tendency to absolve a shitty defense that you have makes ZERO sense. I wonder how you would react if we got one of these prized first round rookies and they performed the same as Kirk with these results. My bet is you would NOT be as critical.

Not absolving the defense but everything was not put all on KC this year. Already proved that the defense made some game winning plays to win some games for us last year.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not absolving the defense but everything was not put all on KC this year. Already proved that the defense made some game winning plays to win some games for us last year.

So once again, you are pumping up a bad defense, while trying to minimize a good QB. And you wonder why many of us think you do in fact just not like the guy. That or you are so enamored with the hype of the 2018 QB class that you dont want the team to do something that would take us out of a position to trade up for one of these guys.