• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins' Kirk Cousins: Still far apart on extension terms

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fact is it was market value

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fact is he didnt take a lowball offer

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this one of those

#NotmyQB

statements??
shark this guy is out here trying to rewrite history . he is now saying that no one after the 2015 season thought we should sign KC to a LTD when in fact most of the media and fan base felt we should

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now he is more open about his ABC stance he thought he was hiding from everyone

You know, if I were totally willing to ignore team history, and the statistical odds of us finding a better QB, I might be in agreement that the Elite QB tree would bear us fruit next year. Also if I thought deep down Kirk was some how going to morph into the worst QB in the league and earn us that #1 overall pick next year, I might be on board as well.

But when I look at reality, that even if 5 QBs go in the first round, three will be outright busts, and of the other two on might be as good as Kirk and the other one MIGHT be better.

If I was also willing to ignore the idea that to get one of these studs, it might require us to do another superbob type trade.....

Well I think you know why Im more than fine with us paying Kirk and not dreaming about what we MIGHT get.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shark this guy is out here trying to rewrite history . he is now saying that no one after the 2015 season thought we should sign KC to a LTD when in fact most of the media and fan base felt we should

That's likely not true. If so, please provide multiple sources that says we should have offered him a really good deal prior to this last season and I will gladly shove my foot in my mouth. I would say it was 50/50 at best. Did we give him a lowball offer, yes, it's easy to say that we did...NOW. But at the time he was coming off of one...count em ONE season as a starter. Why the hell would we give him a LTD after one good season. Hindsite is always 20/20 with you guys.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's likely not true. If so, please provide multiple sources that says we should have offered him a really good deal prior to this last season and I will gladly shove my foot in my mouth. I would say it was 50/50 at best. Did we give him a lowball offer, yes, it's easy to say that we did...NOW. But at the time he was coming off of one...count em ONE season as a starter. Why the hell would we give him a LTD after one good season. Hindsite is always 20/20 with you guys.

Thank you. Its so obvious the skinsdad did not take his medication today.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you. Its so obvious the skinsdad did not take his medication today.
You know when you resort to insults you are losing the debate

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things that make you go Hmmm

If the 2018 QB draft class did not have all the hype that it does, I wonder how many of these we should maintain our "options" guys would be so quick to say, we need more proof??

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it is most definitely true

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might have read the latest chapter in the Redskins/Scot McCloughan drama that was released by Albert Breer of MMQB last night. Breer talks about three “flash points” that led to tension between Scot McCloughan and the Redskins front office, Bruce Allen in particular. The biggest one is on that has been reported on before, McCloughan’s intent to sign Kirk Cousins early, rather than pay more later. The Washington Post reported he would have done this in 2016, but Breer claims McCloughan wanted the deal done early in his first year as the Redskins starter in 2015

At the close of training camp in 2015, McCloughan wanted to try to extend Cousins, but there was concern over how that would go over with Griffin, because some felt the team would still need him at some point. (Whether a fair figure could have been reached with Cousins is open for debate, considering the quarterback’s inconsistent résumé and lack of success at that point.) Finally, that December, McCloughan was given the green light. By then, Cousins’ camp wanted to wait until after the year.

After Cousins’ hot finish, the Skins knew they’d have to franchise Cousins at around $20 million, which framed negotiations in a place where the team wasn’t willing to go. Talks on a long-term deal got off to a rough start, and then control shifted from McCloughan to team negotiator Eric Schaffer. By the time 2016 was winding down, the GM had been removed completely from decision-making on Cousins.

This was a big risk for McCloughan, and everyone else involved with the team, but in the rearview would have saved the team money, and secured their QB for the future

more BS dean is wrong about

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might have read the latest chapter in the Redskins/Scot McCloughan drama that was released by Albert Breer of MMQB last night. Breer talks about three “flash points” that led to tension between Scot McCloughan and the Redskins front office, Bruce Allen in particular. The biggest one is on that has been reported on before, McCloughan’s intent to sign Kirk Cousins early, rather than pay more later. The Washington Post reported he would have done this in 2016, but Breer claims McCloughan wanted the deal done early in his first year as the Redskins starter in 2015

At the close of training camp in 2015, McCloughan wanted to try to extend Cousins, but there was concern over how that would go over with Griffin, because some felt the team would still need him at some point. (Whether a fair figure could have been reached with Cousins is open for debate, considering the quarterback’s inconsistent résumé and lack of success at that point.) Finally, that December, McCloughan was given the green light. By then, Cousins’ camp wanted to wait until after the year.

After Cousins’ hot finish, the Skins knew they’d have to franchise Cousins at around $20 million, which framed negotiations in a place where the team wasn’t willing to go. Talks on a long-term deal got off to a rough start, and then control shifted from McCloughan to team negotiator Eric Schaffer. By the time 2016 was winding down, the GM had been removed completely from decision-making on Cousins.

This was a big risk for McCloughan, and everyone else involved with the team, but in the rearview would have saved the team money, and secured their QB for the future

more BS dean is wrong about

How am I wrong if the deal didn't get done after the 2015 season?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There were several of us that wanted to sign KC long term after his first good stint. Shark convinced me and has been proven right by the way things have gone.