• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins' Kirk Cousins: Still far apart on extension terms

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand j_y. And that would make complete sense. But first off, that wouldn't look good after tagging him 2 years straight and KC knows it. Plus he is probably willing to hang around DC for 1 more year if we are going to pay him nearly $25 million on a one year deal! If he waits and plays well, he will make even MORE guaranteed money on a LTD AND completely get to pick and choose what situation he wants to go in. He gets to have his cake and eat it too! He would have made close to $50 million in two years on the tag and get a LTD where he probably gets another $80 million guaranteed over 3 years on a $150 million deal. That's likely minimum of $130 million for 5 years of work! Maybe over $200 million over a 10 year period! That's called rolling the dice and hitting the jackpot!

All true. But, unless he falls completely apart this year, he is going to make a boatload of money wherever he ends up. More than he can ever spend. And would you risk spending another year , or two, at a place you really despised just to not look like the bad guy?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course its also a real possibility that he did tell the team that he was gone and they ignored him, believing that they could change his mind. But I find that highly unlikely given they still haven't made any sort of aggressive offer to do just that.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't new to the rumor mill. Numerous sources have told the media that KC is unhappy and will not be a Redskin long term no matter what the offer is. Now, before you chime in with your "Media are liars, they are full of shit" speech...that doesn't make what they said gospel. But the media doesn't always false report and just because they didn't give up their source doesn't mean it is a made up lie. But you are a fool if you don't think there is a possibility that KC is playing the game, giving lip-service, and acting like a wolf in sheeps clothing. Just because he isn't saying this publicly doesn't mean this isn't the way he feels. After all, he has a "good guy" reputation to uphold and a absolutely ridiculous complete shitload of money to make if he plays his cards the right way and does things the way his agent is obviously telling him to do so.

And enough with the "we don't want him here" bullcrap. Just because myself and others aren't completely ate up with KC doesnt make us haters. Once again, I like the guy. Seems like a good dude and he is a good QB. I just want things done right for the ORGANIZATION first. Sometimes I wonder if some of you might have a "You Like that!" tattoo on their arm with KCs pretty little face below it lol...

If you want things done right by the organization, that ship has sailed. If they were going to do it right, they would have given him a legitimate offer before tagging him. Hell, they still haven't given him a legit offer.

As for the media saying he won't be here, regardless of the offer, that is foolish. I am not saying it isn't true. I am saying it isn't reportable unless they heard it from KC.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All true. But, unless he falls completely apart this year, he is going to make a boatload of money wherever he ends up. More than he can ever spend. And would you risk spending another year , or two, at a place you really despised just to not look like the bad guy?

Sure. Many people stay at jobs that pay premium money despite the fact that they hate the company or management that they are working for. And the "bad guy" bit that I mentioned is secondary to his long term earnings potential. Don't misunderstand me, it's mostly about the $$$ IMO.

If you also take into account KCs age and his circumstances at the beginning of his career (riding the pine behind Bob) he is probably only going to get one really good, kick ass deal during his time in the NFL. Most Top flight QBs get a couple. If he plays on the tag this year, then goes long term next year he will be 30 years old starting a 5-6 year deal. At the end of that deal he will be 36 years old, his play will likely be declining and he will not garner as much interest or money. Maybe he even wants to make as much $$$ as possible and walk away ASAP?? So in that respect it makes sense why he won't mind "kicking the can down the road". Is he taking a risk in doing that? Sure. But as long as he doesn't have a career ending injury while playing on the tag, the longer he waits to sign a LTD, the richer he will be when he walks away from the game.

Last edited:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't new to the rumor mill. Numerous sources have told the media that KC is unhappy and will not be a Redskin long term no matter what the offer is. Now, before you chime in with your "Media are liars, they are full of shit" speech...that doesn't make what they said gospel. But the media doesn't always false report and just because they didn't give up their source doesn't mean it is a made up lie. But you are a fool if you don't think there is a possibility that KC is playing the game, giving lip-service, and acting like a wolf in sheeps clothing. Just because he isn't saying this publicly doesn't mean this isn't the way he feels. After all, he has a "good guy" reputation to uphold and a absolutely ridiculous complete shitload of money to make if he plays his cards the right way and does things the way his agent is obviously telling him to do so.

And enough with the "we don't want him here" bullcrap. Just because myself and others aren't completely ate up with KC doesnt make us haters. Once again, I like the guy. Seems like a good dude and he is a good QB. I just want things done right for the ORGANIZATION first. Sometimes I wonder if some of you might have a "You Like that!" tattoo on their arm with KCs pretty little face below it lol...

the key to this is "rumor mill" rumors arent facts . you cant name anything then an" unamed sources" or some pundits "speculation " about what he wants one way or the other . KC and his camp have stated have never stated publicly that he wants out

the harder you say you dont want him here the harder you look for reasons not to keep him the FO has botched this period

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. Many people stay at jobs that pay premium money despite the fact that they hate the company or management that they are working for. And the "bad guy" bit that I mentioned is secondary to his long term earnings potential. Don't misunderstand me, it's mostly about the $$$ IMO.

If you also take into account KCs age and his circumstances at the beginning of his career (riding the pine behind Bob) he is probably only going to get one really good, kick ass deal during his time in the NFL. Most Top flight QBs get a couple. If he plays on the tag this year, then goes long term next year he will be 30 years old starting a 5-6 year deal. At the end of that deal he will be 36 years old, his play will likely be declining and he will not garner as much interest or money. Maybe he even wants to make as much $$$ as possible and walk away ASAP?? So in that respect it makes sense why he won't mind "kicking the can down the road". Is he taking a risk in doing that? Sure. But as long as he doesn't have a career ending injury while playing on the tag, the longer he waits to sign a LTD, the richer he will be when he walks away from the game.
Uno doubt that strategy would net him the most financially. its just quite a bit riskier.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

of course its about MONEY , on BOTH sides

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
while i agree he did not "win" the SB

that team would not have reached that point without him

Elway made that point loud and fucking clear

He was pretty awful all year honestly. But an all time great defense makes a lot of things work better than they should.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is it a ridiculous trade? We have done that exact trade before.

So how many first round QBs are there? Name them. I showed you how many of the top 11 will be seniors, three. The underclassman will have to declare.

We have shown your dumb ass the odds of success for a first round QB. We have shown you about 10-20% will be as good as KC. You are a hopeless little fool without a clue in the world.

Where are you getting 10-20% from?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where are you getting 10-20% from?
they are getting it from the math of all drafted qbs drafted from a certain time period (i think 2006 , then that was questioned and it moved back to 2000)

the math says you have about a 1 and 5 chance of getting a qb equal to or better then KC roughly

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they are getting it from the math of all drafted qbs drafted from a certain time period (i think 2006 , then that was questioned and it moved back to 2000)

the math says you have about a 1 and 5 chance of getting a qb equal to or better then KC roughly

I dont think thats accurate though...

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

math never lies hmmmm

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam, Ryan, Eli, Ben, Rivers, Luck, Tannehill, Stafford, Cutler, Rodgers, Palmer, Pennington = 12

Losman, Locker, Manuel, Griffin, Weeden, Gabbert, Ponder, Tebow, Sanchez, Freeman, Russell, Quinn, Young, Leinart, Campbell, Leftwich, Grossman, Boller, Carr, Harrington, Ramsey = 21

Vick, Bradford, Flacco, Smith, Brees (32nd pick but technically 2nd rounder) = 5

So at worst youre looking at 12/37 = 32.43%

At best 17/38 = 44.74%

So the range should be more like 30-45%.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of course they do. Many people don't have the option of going to other places for the same or more money they may actually like more.

KC doesn't take hits though. That reduces the threat of injury.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 posts back in this thread

I would say you are being very loose with that list as far as the as good or better portion. But lets roll with your numbers. Say that it is 45% chance of finding a QB as good or better.... on what planet does any one seriously take the 50-70% chance they are going to get worse if they have the ability to avoid taking that chance??

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say you are being very loose with that list as far as the as good or better portion. But lets roll with your numbers. Say that it is 45% chance of finding a QB as good or better.... on what planet does any one seriously take the 50-70% chance they are going to get worse if they have the ability to avoid taking that chance??

Well thats why I left that 3rd group seperate. I think there are some debatable names in there. I doubt the true percentage is 45% but it probably not just 30 either. Either way 30-45 seems much more accurate than 10-20.

You take the 50-70% chance of getting worse if where youre at currently isnt good enough.