• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins' Kirk Cousins: Still far apart on extension terms

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now its a mid first rounder?? I thought you were of the opinion that with or without Cousins, the Niners were going to suck. But by adding Cousins they become a mid first round picking team?? And you are willing to give up your starting QB for LESS than a top ten draft pick because you dont want to spend the money?? Is that what we are supposed to believe??

I never said they would suck with KC. They can win 6-8 games sure. Im forced to give up KC b/c he doenst want to sign back with me at ANY costs. This is what you don't understand. You think we have a choice but we dont

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how do you jump to "blowing it " ? there is no reason for the 49ers to trade at this time

of course there is. there is risk of losing KC in 2018 FA. Simple as that. Even the 49er fan admitted that.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said they would suck with KC. They can win 6-8 games sure. Im forced to give up KC b/c he doenst want to sign back with me at ANY costs. This is what you don't understand. You think we have a choice but we dont

Well if we dont have any choice, and the situation is so bad that Cousins doesnt want to be here under any circumstances... whos fault is that?? And if thats really the case, why would any team give up anything higher than a conditional undrafted Free Agent to bail Dan and Bruce out in this situation??

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course there is. there is risk of losing KC in 2018 FA. Simple as that. Even the 49er fan admitted that.
how much risk dean , put a number on it

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if we dont have any choice, and the situation is so bad that Cousins doesnt want to be here under any circumstances... whos fault is that?? And if thats really the case, why would any team give up anything higher than a conditional undrafted Free Agent to bail Dan and Bruce out in this situation??

You are revisiting the past again. Already explained why the 49ers would do it.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how much risk dean , put a number on it

There is simply risk and for that you have to entertain trade options. Just giving my opinion on the matter.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is simply risk and for that you have to entertain trade options. Just giving my opinion on the matter.
i think and i believe most NFL teams believe the risk is negligible hence not worth investing draft capitol you dont have too

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are revisiting the past again. Already explained why the 49ers would do it.

The Niners have a better chance of getting Cousins as a free agent than we do of finding a QB as good as him in the draft.

If The Redskins are SMART, they make an all out push to keep Cousins. Yea i know this is where you scream about giving him a blank check. But the reality is, they need to make Kirk want to stay here, because they aint trading him for anything of worth, they cant realistically tag him again next year. And those 5 first round QBs you rave about, three will outright fail.... you like those odds??

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the hell am I supposed to answer that? If im the owner of the 49ers and I can get the Qb my new head coach wants then im calling the Redskins
But if you don't know that value, how do you know your no brained deal is cheaper? Cmon, dean, use your brain.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Niners have a better chance of getting Cousins as a free agent than we do of finding a QB as good as him in the draft.

If The Redskins are SMART, they make an all out push to keep Cousins. Yea i know this is where you scream about giving him a blank check. But the reality is, they need to make Kirk want to stay here, because they aint trading him for anything of worth, they cant realistically tag him again next year. And those 5 first round QBs you rave about, three will outright fail.... you like those odds??

what if he turns down that blank check?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Niners are smart to wait b/c this is year 1 or 2 of a major rebuild and Kyle/Lynch are in year 1 of new 6 year contracts. There's no pressure to win this season, and the team lacks overall talent. That lack of team talent is why that 1st rd pick matters so much, be it #6 or #16. That means there's no incentive to sacrifice a 1st rd pick in 2018 just to finish around .500 at best in 2017.

The smarter move is to wait a year, stink in 2017, and then in 2018 the team uses its plethora of cap space to land Cousins AND a top 5-7 pick. Yes, there is risk SF loses KC by waiting, but that risk is hedged by the top draft pick itself. If for some reason, Cousins is franchised again or he signs with the Browns/Jets/Jags, the Niners can use that top pick to draft a blue chip QB and continue the rebuild. That's why the reward outweighs the risk.
Now that is how you use your brain!

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if you don't know that value, how do you know your no brained deal is cheaper? Cmon, dean, use your brain.

Cheaper contract wise for KC. Not draft capital. wow. you guys other than Shark do not read my messages

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what if he turns down that blank check?

Well if he turn it down THEN you start looking at plan B. You are apparently dead set on nothing we can do will keep him so we should be looking for ways to get rid of him.

But the fact is, we havent even offered him a market value deal yet, much the blank check which you so fear.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok but you blew your chance at the opportunity to get the QB that your head coach wants. Sure you can do the rookie route but you don't know how that rookie will turn out. We are talking a mid first rounder here. Peanuts.
Saying that you never know what you'll get from a rookie is an odd argument considering your stance on the KC issue. If that is what you believe, the Skins should sign KC now (b/c you know what you have) and avoid having to draft a rookie QB, right?

As for the Niners, I think Shanny and Lynch are very confident that they can sign Cousins in free agency, and the confidence is well-warranted. SF is unquestionably the early favorite. Considering the KC/Shanny bromance, the known fact that SF wants KC, and KC's familiarity with the Niner offense and personnel, it's not much of a gamble imo.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if he turn it down THEN you start looking at plan B. You are apparently dead set on nothing we can do will keep him so we should be looking for ways to get rid of him.

But the fact is, we havent even offered him a market value deal yet, much the blank check which you so fear.

I am looking at Plan B. This whole thread is about Plan B. I said it 1000times what if KC turns down all offers but you still say well the best thing to do is sign him to a LTD. lol You guys are nuts.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cheaper contract wise for KC. Not draft capital. wow. you guys other than Shark do not read my messages
You don't think that SF won't factor in the value of those picks before deciding to offer a trade?

Dean, we read your posts, your logic is just incomplete.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying that you never know what you'll get from a rookie is an odd argument considering your stance on the KC issue. If that is what you believe, the Skins should sign KC now (b/c you know what you have) and avoid having to draft a rookie QB, right?

As for the Niners, I think Shanny and Lynch are very confident that they can sign Cousins in free agency, and the confidence is well-warranted. SF is unquestionably the early favorite. Considering the KC/Shanny bromance, the known fact that SF wants KC, and KC's familiarity with the Niner offense and personnel, it's not much of a gamble imo.

My viewpoint is that We cant sign KC at all offers. That is why Im thinking plan b.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am looking at Plan B. This whole thread is about Plan B. I said it 1000times what if KC turns down all offers but you still say well the best thing to do is sign him to a LTD. lol You guys are nuts.

The problem is, you jumped straight to plan B. How about asking he question why hasnt the front office made a realistic offer yet?? Oh wait because you dont want him to get even a realistic offer.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is, you jumped straight to plan B. How about asking he question why hasnt the front office made a realistic offer yet?? Oh wait because you dont want him to get even a realistic offer.

that is not the issue. What is this thread about? its about KC not accepting anything from us. So yea Plan B should be discussed.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My viewpoint is that We cant sign KC at all offers. That is why Im thinking plan b.
You also assume in your plan b that we have offers for him. We don't, and we won't.