• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins' Kirk Cousins: Still far apart on extension terms

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You also assume in your plan b that we have offers for him. We don't, and we won't.

fine. im saying if there are offers we have to explore them

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah. Better position. I agree. We should explore all options.

THat is what I have been saying all this time. lol. This thread is all about plan B.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THat is what I have been saying all this time. lol. This thread is all about plan B.
No Dean. You said that you had "proven" that it is a no brainer for SF to trade for KC now. You never mentioned plan b until about 5 posts ago.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dean you fool no one. This has been your plan a-x all along.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Dean. You said that you had "proven" that it is a no brainer for SF to trade for KC now. You never mentioned plan b until about 5 posts ago.

I said if I was running the 49ers I would trade now b/c a mid first rounder means nothing to me if I can get the QB my coach wanted. The team is not doomed if they lose their mid first rounder.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My viewpoint is that We cant sign KC at all offers. That is why Im thinking plan b.
I pretty much agree at this point. Having said that, I don't think the Washington FO was ever willing to pay what it would take to keep him anyway. Considering what has happened the last 2 years, I think KC wants to hit free agency and show the Washington FO that other teams think he's worth WAY more than Allen/Snyder do.

I think KC would've signed with the Skins last year or the year before, but not now. It's about respect and leverage at this point. He feels disrespected and he has all the leverage. I believe Washington could offer him a few bucks less than the Carr and Luck deals and he'd still turn them down b/c he feels disrespected by the FO...and he knows he can get more than that on the open market and he's actually got the leverage to get to there.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kirk feels disrespect because the skins wont pay him the highest paid qb in the nfl with no playoff wins and most a 10 win season which in fact is worse then rookie prescott and at the same time how long has he been a starter 2 years... kirks nuts move on from him

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pretty much agree at this point. Having said that, I don't think the Washington FO was ever willing to pay what it would take to keep him anyway. Considering what has happened the last 2 years, I think KC wants to hit free agency and show the Washington FO that other teams think he's worth WAY more than Allen/Snyder do.

I think KC would've signed with the Skins last year or the year before, but not now. It's about respect and leverage at this point. He feels disrespected and he has all the leverage. I believe Washington could offer him a few bucks less than the Carr and Luck deals and he'd still turn them down b/c he feels disrespected by the FO...and he knows he can get more than that on the open market and he's actually got the leverage to get to there.

that is the point of this whole thread. IF KC turns down all offers what do we do.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is the point of this whole thread. IF KC turns down all offers what do we do.
Since for the 3rd season in a row, the Skins won't pay him what it will take to keep, I think you're right, he won't sign any offers from DC. At this late a stage, the options aren't good.

No one will trade anything of real value for KC unless he signs a LTD. That means KC gets to decide where he wants to go...which means the Skins have very little leverage to demand much in return. If I were suddenly hired as Skins' GM (with a name like Niner Outlaw? LOL), I'd swallow my pride, make some moves and take what I could get.

Some of the options out there:
--McCarron--
The Bengals are believed to be asking for a 1st rd pick (LOL, yes, really). If I'm sold on him, offer a 2 or maybe a 2 and a 2019 2 or 3. If they insist on a 1 and we're sold on him, I offer them either (a) a 2019 first rd pick, or (b) a 2018 second rounder that could be a 1st depending on performance/wins.

--Rookie--
If what I wanted was one of the rich 2018 QB class (particularly one of the top 3), then this is all about tanking 2017 and accumulating draft ammunition for a move up if needed. That means Cousins has to be traded no matter what. I'd call SF and trade Cousins even if all I got was a 3rd rd pick. I'd throw in another player if I could land both of their 2s or even a 2 and a 3. If the QBs we want are still out of reach, we've got no choice but to ship out a 2019 #1 and/or #2 to with the rest of our good ammunition (though not all of it, Ricky Williams style).

--Retread--
If Goff struggles again in LA, it would be worth it to look into acquiring him for reclamation. Bridgewater is probably available in trade. The 2 young guys for the NYJ could be interesting to trade for--either Hackenburg or Petty. There are always the usual retreads like McCoy, Kaepernick, Fitzpatrick. There is talk that Alex Smith, Tyrod, and Siemian could be cut after the season. Blake Bortles is likely on his last chance in Jacksonville. Osweiler should be a cheap guy to trade for.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying that you never know what you'll get from a rookie is an odd argument considering your stance on the KC issue. If that is what you believe, the Skins should sign KC now (b/c you know what you have) and avoid having to draft a rookie QB, right?

As for the Niners, I think Shanny and Lynch are very confident that they can sign Cousins in free agency, and the confidence is well-warranted. SF is unquestionably the early favorite. Considering the KC/Shanny bromance, the known fact that SF wants KC, and KC's familiarity with the Niner offense and personnel, it's not much of a gamble imo.

you dont understand deaneology . its a risk for the 49ers to draft a qb but not the redskins because of the star alignment theory . we dont think 30 mil is worth it but some other team will because everything he bad mouths KC magically goes away for another team

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is not the issue. What is this thread about? its about KC not accepting anything from us. So yea Plan B should be discussed.
the title of the thread is , shefty says no deal , not lets work on plan B as if shefty has anymore insight then anyone else

there is no plan B this year dean if there is no trade market

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i wouldnt doubt the skins tag him for a 3rd time , with the trans tag . KC negotiates a deal and the skins can match it because no one is going to pay more then 35 mil for him up front

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i wouldnt doubt the skins tag him for a 3rd time , with the trans tag . KC negotiates a deal and the skins can match it because no one is going to pay more then 35 mil for him up front

Oh I think if the Skins could get him for $35M total guaranteed up front, Dan Snyder would jump all over it. Because it would give him Kirk for two years and still leave them the option to get giggy come draft time.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I think if the Skins could get him for $35M total guaranteed up front, Dan Snyder would jump all over it. Because it would give him Kirk for two years and still leave them the option to get giggy come draft time.
my thoughts exactly

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IM going to say this... For the Skins to come out of this and NOT take a black eye, they are going to have to offer Kirk a WHOLE LOT OF MONEY

And Kirk would have to turn it down.

If the Skins make a real offer and he turns it down, Bruce and Dan come out looking smart. If they keep half assing, and he walks and we are trying to trade up in next years draft... that will look bad.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who said he felt that way ? no one . who cares ? we should and i get it you just want him gone

This isn't new to the rumor mill. Numerous sources have told the media that KC is unhappy and will not be a Redskin long term no matter what the offer is. Now, before you chime in with your "Media are liars, they are full of shit" speech...that doesn't make what they said gospel. But the media doesn't always false report and just because they didn't give up their source doesn't mean it is a made up lie. But you are a fool if you don't think there is a possibility that KC is playing the game, giving lip-service, and acting like a wolf in sheeps clothing. Just because he isn't saying this publicly doesn't mean this isn't the way he feels. After all, he has a "good guy" reputation to uphold and a absolutely ridiculous complete shitload of money to make if he plays his cards the right way and does things the way his agent is obviously telling him to do so.

And enough with the "we don't want him here" bullcrap. Just because myself and others aren't completely ate up with KC doesnt make us haters. Once again, I like the guy. Seems like a good dude and he is a good QB. I just want things done right for the ORGANIZATION first. Sometimes I wonder if some of you might have a "You Like that!" tattoo on their arm with KCs pretty little face below it lol...

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't new to the rumor mill. Numerous sources have told the media that KC is unhappy and will not be a Redskin long term no matter what the offer is. Now, before you chime in with your "Media are liars, they are full of shit" speech...that doesn't make what they said gospel. But the media doesn't always false report and just because they didn't give up their source doesn't mean it is a made up lie. But you are a fool if you don't think there is a possibility that KC is playing the game, giving lip-service, and acting like a wolf in sheeps clothing. Just because he isn't saying this publicly doesn't mean this isn't the way he feels. After all, he has a "good guy" reputation to uphold and a absolutely ridiculous complete shitload of money to make if he plays his cards the right way and does things the way his agent is obviously telling him to do so.

And enough with the "we don't want him here" bullcrap. Just because myself and others aren't completely ate up with KC doesnt make us haters. Once again, I like the guy. Seems like a good dude and he is a good QB. I just want things done right for the ORGANIZATION first. Sometimes I wonder if some of you might have a "You Like that!" tattoo on their arm with KCs pretty little face below it lol...
VT, I agree that this is a real possibility (we can disagree if it is warranted or not). The only reason why I question that it might not be accurate is if KC really wanted out, it would have behooved him to tell the team he would never sign a LTD with them before the draft so that they could have traded him out of here to SF. He would have benefited as he would have been gone this year. As it stand now, he is here through this year and maybe next year. A lot can happen over that period of time. SF might find a hidden gem of a qb before then, he could get injured, etc. But since he didn't, a trade this year is really out of the question.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VT, I agree that this is a real possibility (we can disagree if it is warranted or not). The only reason why I question that it might not be accurate is if KC really wanted out, it would have behooved him to tell the team he would never sign a LTD with them before the draft so that they could have traded him out of here to SF. He would have benefited as he would have been gone this year. As it stand now, he is here through this year and maybe next year. A lot can happen over that period of time. SF might find a hidden gem of a qb before then, he could get injured, etc. But since he didn't, a trade this year is really out of the question.

I understand j_y. And that would make complete sense. But first off, that wouldn't look good after tagging him 2 years straight and KC knows it. Plus he is probably willing to hang around DC for 1 more year if we are going to pay him nearly $25 million on a one year deal! If he waits and plays well, he will make even MORE guaranteed money on a LTD AND completely get to pick and choose what situation he wants to go in. He gets to have his cake and eat it too! He would have made close to $50 million in two years on the tag and get a LTD where he probably gets another $80 million guaranteed over 3 years on a $150 million deal. That's likely minimum of $130 million for 5 years of work! Maybe over $200 million over a 10 year period! That's called rolling the dice and hitting the jackpot!