• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins' Kirk Cousins: Still far apart on extension terms

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what exactly is the difference, dean?

Carr getting paid wont prevent the Redskins from trying to take a shortcut to elite and trading away 3 or more high draft picks next year?? :noidea:

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another book report filled with juvenile insults by Breed... where to start???

point one.

I freely admit Kirk was NOT good enough to overcome a historically bad defense Never said or implied he was.

Point two
Do I really need to pull up the stats of how our defense was historically bad when compared to the history of the team, hell to a degree to the NFL. The team reaction should be enough to prove just how bad even the front office thought this defense was.

6 of 10 draft picks, and the first three went to defense. And yet you think the real issue was the QB. We added two D-lineman an ILB, and a safety via free agency. And yet I need to explain exactly how bad this defense was.

Point three... when did I lie?? I simply stated that alot of the we cant sign Kirk folks tend to twist things to fit their argument. And you sir are a prime example. So you want to question my fan status because I think its rather stupid to risk going back into a situation where we most likely need to trade up for a QB out of desperation again?? You play the juvenile name game because I happen to think that the team would be better off rolling with a QB that has been better than anything we have had in 20 years. And that makes me a fan boy nut hugger because I think the team is better off not going back into the abyss??

I await your next master thesis.

Point 1) If we should ever meet face to face. There will be a part of me that will be utterly shocked if Kirk's nut-sack isn't permanently imprinted on your chin.

Point 2) Good grief, Buttercup. Try and keep up, OK. No, I don't need you to show me shit about the Skins defense. I already explained to you why I ask you 'How so?' far as the defense went. In fact, the explanation is in the post that you quoted to respond to me with your post that I'm now quoting. Fuckin dense dense dense.

Point 3) Post#1432 on page 72 is where you both embarrassed and revealed yourself.

Last edited:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point 1) If we should ever meet face to face. There will be a part of me that will be utterly shocked if Kirk's nut-sack isn't permanently imprinted on your chin.

Point 2) Good grief, Buttercup. Try and keep up, OK. No, I don't need you to show me shit about the Skins defense. I already explained to you why I ask you 'How so?' far as the defense went. In fact, the explanation is in the post that you quoted to respond to me with your post that I'm now quoting. Fuckin dense dense dense.

Point 3) Post#1432 on page 72 is where you both embarrassed and revealed yourself.

quaerite auxilium

Demander de l'aide

Hilfe suchen

Busca ayuda

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough, Rodgers did sign an extension in 2008. Barely before he played a game. Green Bay rolled the dice and hit gold. Guess I should have done my homework before shooting off at the mouth. I couldn't find alot of details, but I found it interesting that they didn't even quite guarantee 2X his yearly pay, $11 mill APY, $20 mill guaranteed. My how things have changed...

I guess you are right in the sense that teams will pay for "hope", but still KC was no more than an average starter at that point. No better resume than most of the players below him. The only thing, as you say, there was still hope. He had hardly had time to fail yet.

And this is where BA made the mistake. Had he rolled the dice on a contract, say 16 mil a season, with little guaranteed during the 2015 season like SM wanted, KC would have signed it because he had no money and somebody was showing faith in him. You can't wait until people are playing lights out and think they will give you a break.

Yes...things have changed and it has to do with rookie caps and higher salary caps.

I will disagree about the average starter statement. QBR may be the best metric to measure QB success. KC was number 6 in 2015 and 2016 in QBR. His QB rating was 5 and 7. You may not want to admit it but he is a top ten QB. I know you value winning but refuse to accept you can't win with our defense.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nono: Well, obviously many of us disagree on what market value is. I would say the Luck contract would be the ceiling based on what he has accomplished. If he didn't accept it, that would be unreasonable.

And I think if he left the highest paid players salary on the table, it would completely wreak of greed. In some ways I think it would hurt his image, but he wouldn't be any different than most NFL players, so I see your point.

..And I'm glad to see you at least wouldn't be rooting for him :suds: HTTR

If he left with the highest paid players salary on the table, I am pretty sure that would state the opposite. He just doesn't want to be here.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“I think that bothers those fanboys so flipping badly that they cannot move past it. And that’s coloring their evaluation. They can’t do the 16-game sample. They can’t include the Green Bay game. They can’t include how good he was against Philadelphia, leading them back with the late charge, the Dallas game where they couldn’t stop anybody on two-and-a-half days’ rest, where he was awesome, and Jordan Reed played hurt and he was awesome. They cannot get past that Giants game in terms of their evaluation.”

:amen:

You and the other KC nut-huggers are the fan-boys doofus. We ABCs as you have dubbed us are the haters.

GB game was a great game for Kirk passing-wise, Rob Kelly rushing-wise and for the offense all around. Including McVay's very balanced play calling that night. 30 passes/30 runs.............#whenskinsruntheywin

Which Eagles game would that be?

The one where Kirk threw a pick 6 and the KO coverage team gave up a KO ret TD which accounted for 2 of the 3 scores for the Eagels that day. While Matt Jones led the Skins offense with 135 yards of the 230 rushing yards the Skins put up. Another great and balanced game plan called by McVay. 34 pass/33 runs Or.........

The one where Kirk threw the other pick 6 turning an 8 point 4th qt lead into a 2 point 4th qt lead. That was still anybody's game till Ryan Kerrigan's strip/sack and TM's fumble recovery sealing the victory? The Eagles converted a whole lotta 3rd dn that night. Giving them a huge edge in top 13 minutes or so. But the Skins to their credit didn't panic and stayed with another well balanced game plan. 21 passes/23 runs.

Kirk was awesome in the 2nd Cowboys game.....................in the 2nd half. Having to kick 2 FGs in the 1st half, one a 20 yd FG and the other a 24 yd FG, in a 5 point game hurt a little. Especially when considering a 20 yd FG is an old XP and a 24 yd FG is just 4 yards longer..

Getting down to goal-to-go territory twice and coming away with just 6 points/2 FGs = Disappointing.

Last edited:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You and the other KC nut-huggers are the fan-boys doofus. We ABCs as you have dubbed us are the haters.

GB game was a great game for Kirk passing-wise, Rob Kelly rushing-wise and for the offense all around. Including McVay's very balanced play calling that night. 30 passes/30 runs.............#whenskinsruntheywin

Which Eagles game would that be?

The one where Kirk threw a pick 6 and the KO team gave up a KO ret TD which accounted for 2 of the 3 scores for the Eagels that day. While Matt Jones lead the Skins offense with 135 yards of the 230 rushing yards the Skins put up. Another great and balanced game plan called by McVay. 34 pass/33 runs Or.........

The one where Kirk threw the other pick 6 turning an 8 point 4th qt lead into a 2 point 4th qt lead. That was still anybody's game till Ryan Kerrigan's strip/sack and TM's fumble recovery sealing the victory? The Eagles converted a whole lotta 3rd dn that night. Giving them a huge edge in top 13 minutes or so. But the Skins to their credit didn't panic and stayed with another well balanced game plan. 21 passes/23 runs.

Dude, I copied this post DIRECTLY from the article the original poster of this thread tagged.

So going forward, I only got one reply for you...

quaerite auxilium

Demander de l'aide

Hilfe suchen

Busca ayuda

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully Kirks agent is looking around at the current team and giving him good advice. He can suck up as much money as he can get however, with no team around him the odds of team success are slim. The BIG picture is what KC and his agent should be looking at. In the end, we are talking difference of millions so it really shouldn't matter. Pay the man!!!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know this greed thing works both ways . brock set the market at 17 mil when we could have had him for 16 .
but the FO wanted to be scrooge and felt they couldnt afford 16 mil when the organization is worth a billion.

the FO wanted to see more not once but twice . ok that is fair however that choice comes with a price . the risk you end up overpaying to keep him . now you thought it was a risk to pay market value 2 years ago because you felt he would fail .

you cant have your cake and eat it too every action taken and not taken have consequences . the consequence of not signing him early on the cheap is you now are on the hook for expensive

you all want to squawk about the luck deal being market value however that isnt it now it will be somewhere between the luck deal and the highest paid player in the game . you can cry about not wanting to hear about market value all you damn want but that is the world the NFL is in

you bitch about loyalty to the team but what about loyalty to him from the team ? you lowball him with insulting offers for 2 years and now you want some kind of freaking break ?

none of you have a viable alternative to replacing him that keeps this train moving forward so now do you condemn a team on the rise to another setback ? you can say all the stupid shit you want to and in the end he may walk , but if he does , dont start whining to me about losing again

and dont cry to me about one year of free agency being limited from people who know little of the cap draft choices are more important then free agents . right now we have 2 d/line fa's an ILB fa 2 WR fa's and a safety

that is 6 players and right now one looks to be a bust already (quick ) there will be more we just dont know who

continuity at qb is key to having a winning team and you guys advocate we crap on that already

we can get out of this contract by 2019 without serious dead cap space . we can draft the next wunderkind next year , then all sides have a warm and fuzzy

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"If" Kirk gets paid which I think he will (Highest paid QB in NFL) like it or not. I will expect nothing but Superbowls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HTTR!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"If" Kirk gets paid which I think he will (Highest paid QB in NFL) like it or not. I will expect nothing but Superbowls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HTTR!

when ?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HTTR!

If Kirk gets paid, (Which I think he wont from the Redskins) it will last for all of 2 months to a year before he is no higher than number 3-5 on that list.

And if we still have a defense ranked in the bottom 5 in third down production and Redzone production, as well as a ground game that is marginally productive in the Redzone at best, I expect about the same as we have seen. An offense that moves the ball and produces against the weaker defenses, and gets field goals against the better teams.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you proved is, you are capable of cheery picking a couple of bad games or results and proclaiming

See.. this is who he really is.

What neither of you have the balls to say is, you dont care how Kirk finishes this year, or how he did last year. VT passed judgement on him already and deemed the team would be better off with one of these rookies. So to for that matter have you

cherry pick? I gave you a lot of examples. To say what? I told you im ok with have KC here on the Luck deal. what more do you want?

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he left with the highest paid players salary on the table, I am pretty sure that would state the opposite. He just doesn't want to be here.

Maybe so. :noidea: Then that would further prove that he is playing this bullshit game and publicly saying he was willing to negotiate when in fact he wasn't, he just wants to be traded. Slice it how you want, but that is a shady fucking liar in my world. It is ethically not right. That would further prove that he was toying with our emotions and that we could have traded his ass for a couple of first rounders if we would have known this. But he and his agent would know what they are doing. They are probably hoping to make it to FA after this next season where not only will they completely cash in, but he can pick and choose where he goes as well.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe so. :noidea: Then that would further prove that he is playing this bullshit game and publicly saying he was willing to negotiate when in fact he wasn't, he just wants to be traded. Slice it how you want, but that is a shady fucking liar in my world. It is ethically not right. That would further prove that he was toying with our emotions and that we could have traded his ass for a couple of first rounders if we would have known this. But he and his agent would know what they are doing. They are probably hoping to make it to FA after this next season where not only will they completely cash in, but he can pick and choose where he goes as well.

Why is it bullshit to want your freedom but not bad mouth your previous employer? Some would call that professionalism.