• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins' Kirk Cousins: Still far apart on extension terms

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not if he turns down the Luck deal he doenst want to stay here. Its a slap in the face to Redskins fans if he turns it down. His agent is probably advising Kc to hit FA b/c its more money in the agents pocket.
no its not its called negotiating

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and by the way the anti cousins crowd has been slapping him in the face going on 3 years now

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and by the way the anti cousins crowd has been slapping him in the face going on 3 years now

no b/c he plays for our team. You are siding with the player over the team. No anti Kc here. Im anti money chaser.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its called "Im all about the money"
it called whiny fan whose real agenda is getting a new shiny toy to play with . its america he has every right to get the best possible deal he can . for all i know a luck deal or better might be the ticket for him . i say 60 -80 mil guaranteed is what it will take probably over 3 years of guaranteed and the rest a standard nfl contract

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no b/c he plays for our team. You are siding with the player over the team. No anti Kc here. Im anti money chaser.
the team screwed this up DEAN they could have had him way cheaper but chose to bet against him . the sewed that seed themselves

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it called whiny fan whose real agenda is getting a new shiny toy to play with . its america he has every right to get the best possible deal he can . for all i know a luck deal or better might be the ticket for him . i say 60 -80 mil guaranteed is what it will take probably over 3 years of guaranteed and the rest a standard nfl contract

If I wanted a new shiny toy why would I mention the Luck deal offer to KC?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the team screwed this up DEAN they could have had him way cheaper but chose to bet against him . the sewed that seed themselves

If its publicly reported that Kc turned down the Luck deal to play on the tag I cant wait to see fans reactions.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I wanted a new shiny toy why would I mention the Luck deal offer to KC?

Because if they offer it and he refuses it, you will use it as justification for us to go after the new shiny you want any way.

Reverse psychology has been a known thing for quite some time now Dean.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If its publicly reported that Kc turned down the Luck deal to play on the tag I cant wait to see fans reactions.

The thing is Dean, you are hoping he turns us down no matter what the numbers are.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because if they offer it and he refuses it, you will use it as justification for us to go after the new shiny you want any way.

Reverse psychology has been a known thing for quite some time now Dean.

If he refuses it he will be known as all bout the money player.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just roll with Sudfeld draft qb next year fuck this 26-30 mill a year shit :dingdingding:

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, You know what is stupid?? Your defending of a top level contract for a guy who was very inexperienced at that time, or as you put it "not fully established". That was what my "fucking stupid comment" was about. KC should have just as well been a rookie because that's about as much experience as he had. Not all his fault that he sat behind RG3, I understand. I don't recall Green Bay running to sign Aaron Rodgers after the first year of his being a starter.

And I don't want to hear about Osweiler, and contracts, market value and all that stuff. That was a dumbass move and a huge gamble by Houston at the time and everybody knew it. Elway and Denver wasnt hearing that shit. Houston took the bait hook, line, and sinker and paid for it. Ask the Chiefs how the Cassell deal worked out? You knuckleheads don't want to admit it but Cousins could have just as likely flopped this past year. Hell, he still could, although I don't think he will. If he would have tanked people would be touting Allen/SM/ the FO for being absolutely fucking brilliant for not signing him LT.

And most other players on that list under him had more proven success as a QB pre '16 and as much or more upside going forward as KC did, once again, not all KCs fault that he had to wait his turn. Unless you had a crystal ball and knew that some of those players would be benched, turn into injury machines, and began to just level out in a mediocre place, you could not have said with any certainty that KC would be a better QB than they were. He has passed some of them by now and is turning into a very good QB.

How is being the thirteenth highest paid starter in the league a top level contract? The players that were behind him deserved to be behind him because they were proven below average starters.

I am glad you bring up Rodgers and yes they did run to sign him. The difference is, they didn't wait until after the season. Rodgers didn't start until 2008. On October 31, 2008, he signed an extension for more than 10 mil a season. Thanks for proving the point.

Elway turned a SB team into a team that missed the playoffs by not paying a bit more for Osweiller. Osweiller performed well for Denver in the games he was given. This is a QB driven league and teams will pay for hopeful answers because there are not a lot of them.

Nobody here is saying KC couldn't have flopped but it would have cost us nothing because we had no more answers and that is what you don't seem to get. You guarantee two years in a contract and give a SB. That is what is best for the team.

You may not want to hear about the market for a QB, but it exists. You have zero say in it.

What would you rather...KC at 25 million a season or a rookie next season that we have to trade up to get? That is all we need to know because those are the options. There is no other option.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is being the thirteenth highest paid starter in the league a top level contract? The players that were behind him deserved to be behind him because they were proven below average starters.

I am glad you bring up Rodgers and yes they did run to sign him. The difference is, they didn't wait until after the season. Rodgers didn't start until 2008. On October 31, 2008, he signed an extension for more than 10 mil a season. Thanks for proving the point.

Elway turned a SB team into a team that missed the playoffs by not paying a bit more for Osweiller. Osweiller performed well for Denver in the games he was given. This is a QB driven league and teams will pay for hopeful answers because there are not a lot of them.

Nobody here is saying KC couldn't have flopped but it would have cost us nothing because we had no more answers and that is what you don't seem to get. You guarantee two years in a contract and give a SB. That is what is best for the team.

You may not want to hear about the market for a QB, but it exists. You have zero say in it.

What would you rather...KC at 25 million a season or a rookie next season that we have to trade up to get? That is all we need to know because those are the options. There is no other option.

You miss option three which i think some are hoping for but wont come out and say.

Kirk plays on the tag and flops, we get the Rookie QB and dont have to trade up to get him.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You miss option three which i think some are hoping for but wont come out and say.

Kirk plays on the tag and flops, we get the Rookie QB and dont have to trade up to get him.

I think that is delusional. I expect the defense to be much better and the offense to score about the same to a little more.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that is delusional. I expect the defense to be much better and the offense to score about the same to a little more.

Oh I agree. But if thats the case, and Kirk is signed long term any way, it takes the trade up option off the table.

What they then have to hope for is that Kirk plays on the tag, and the team decides we are better off going for the rookie and letting Kirk walk.

Many of these wait and see folks will be the first ones saying so what if it will cost more than the RG3 trade, we NEED to get Darnold or who ever the #1 rated rookie turns out to be.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“I think that bothers those fanboys so flipping badly that they cannot move past it. And that’s coloring their evaluation. They can’t do the 16-game sample. They can’t include the Green Bay game. They can’t include how good he was against Philadelphia, leading them back with the late charge, the Dallas game where they couldn’t stop anybody on two-and-a-half days’ rest, where he was awesome, and Jordan Reed played hurt and he was awesome. They cannot get past that Giants game in terms of their evaluation.”

:amen: