• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins' Kirk Cousins: Still far apart on extension terms

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like no deal before 7/15. The numbers are too great.

Looks like we aren't the only ones thinking KC and his camp could be maximizing this to its fullest potential. I will be very interested to see the reactions of the super supporters if KC goes for the jackpot after a big $$$ offer from the FO.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and an add to that is mr riddick agrees with most of us here when he said moving on from KC is a mistake and thinking drafting a rookie fixes it

again from the all knowing pundit with the 100% track record of being right :D

There are few on here arguing that Skinsdad. The whole argument is about what he is worth. How you gonna feel if he turns down a Luck contract??

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cmon man. you don't think he made any sense at all?
oh he may have made some sense but your title of your post left out about half of what he said . and again he is a national pundit

and when you rolled the dice you knew this could happen , you had risk either way , pay him early and hope he is the real deal or play it safe and see what he has knowing it will cost if is the real deal

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like we aren't the only ones thinking KC and his camp could be maximizing this to its fullest potential. I will be very interested to see the reactions of the super supporters if KC goes for the jackpot after a big $$$ offer from the FO.

I agree with you. I always have said he wont sign a LTD before 7/15. Just like the video said the money is too great. The Luck offer is not going to even do it. The gmoney might have to be 65-70m to get a deal done now.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same as Cousins of course. Just making a point. But KC doesn't get all the credit for the wins either. They were 9-7 against a bad SOS. It is what it is...

But I'm sure that someone will point out that if, only if, our defense was better that year we would have been 12-4 and made a Super Bowl run.

Which is why I keep emphasizing that it is a team game.

As great as Tom Brady is they went 11-5 with Matt Cassell.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh he may have made some sense but your title of your post left out about half of what he said . and again he is a national pundit

and when you rolled the dice you knew this could happen , you had risk either way , pay him early and hope he is the real deal or play it safe and see what he has knowing it will cost if is the real deal

I wanted everyone to view the video. national pundit with front office experience. Skinsdad do you believe a deal will get done before 7/15? Yes or no?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you want to know my reaction , you rolled the dice , you lost so suck it up buttercups . you decided that seeing more for more cost was better then seeing less and hoping he is the real deal for less

now if you think i will blame the man for setting his family and their familes family up for life then you would be wrong

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he was not fully established after one season of starting. That is when his contract expired. I don't really see your point. You asked a question about his pay on a QB scale. He was where he should have been with one year as a starter, a damn good year. Everybody below him, should have been below him, with the possible exception of Stafford who was deep into his second contract at the time.

Your RG3 comment is fucking stupid and doesn't deserve an answer; however, he was in year 1 of a 5 year contract. Why the hell would we give him a new one?

We don't need to produce a contract from then. Listen to any report going about how this organization has handled the entire KC situation.

Lol, You know what is stupid?? Your defending of a top level contract for a guy who was very inexperienced at that time, or as you put it "not fully established". That was what my "fucking stupid comment" was about. KC should have just as well been a rookie because that's about as much experience as he had. Not all his fault that he sat behind RG3, I understand. I don't recall Green Bay running to sign Aaron Rodgers after the first year of his being a starter.

And I don't want to hear about Osweiler, and contracts, market value and all that stuff. That was a dumbass move and a huge gamble by Houston at the time and everybody knew it. Elway and Denver wasnt hearing that shit. Houston took the bait hook, line, and sinker and paid for it. Ask the Chiefs how the Cassell deal worked out? You knuckleheads don't want to admit it but Cousins could have just as likely flopped this past year. Hell, he still could, although I don't think he will. If he would have tanked people would be touting Allen/SM/ the FO for being absolutely fucking brilliant for not signing him LT.

And most other players on that list under him had more proven success as a QB pre '16 and as much or more upside going forward as KC did, once again, not all KCs fault that he had to wait his turn. Unless you had a crystal ball and knew that some of those players would be benched, turn into injury machines, and began to just level out in a mediocre place, you could not have said with any certainty that KC would be a better QB than they were. He has passed some of them by now and is turning into a very good QB.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you want to know my reaction , you rolled the dice , you lost so suck it up buttercups . you decided that seeing more for more cost was better then seeing less and hoping he is the real deal for less

now if you think i will blame the man for setting his family and their familes family up for life then you would be wrong

lol then you admit KC is just chasing the money. Doenst care abut team fit and coaching staffs.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the disconnect here,

Kirk trying to get maximum value is some how reason for us to go in a different direction in the minds of some.

Once one accepts that moving on from Kirk likely sets the team back, the amount he is going to get paid does not look like such an issue.

If you think replacing Kirk would be easy, the amount he is going to get paid, just solidifies the concept in your mind that we shouldnt pay him.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are few on here arguing that Skinsdad. The whole argument is about what he is worth. How you gonna feel if he turns down a Luck contract??
how would i feel ? i would feel the FO stunk up the joint and brought it upon themselves . you had a chance to get him cheaper but you wanted to see more . there was risk either way and you made a bad choice by betting he would fail .

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the disconnect here,

Kirk trying to get maximum value is some how reason for us to go in a different direction in the minds of some.

Once one accepts that moving on from Kirk likely sets the team back, the amount he is going to get paid does not look like such an issue.

If you think replacing Kirk would be easy, the amount he is going to get paid, just solidifies the concept in your mind that we shouldnt pay him.

It wont be easy but its probably going to play out like I said. Playing on the tag this year and see what happens next year.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol then you admit KC is just chasing the money. Doenst care abut team fit and coaching staffs.
he is doing what any man would do . and again a player is discarded by teams own will and loyalty is out the door when that happens

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he is doing what any man would do . and again a player is discarded by teams own will and loyalty is out the door when that happens

you are on record saying that KC wont turn down a "fair" deal by 7/15. Now you are saying he is out the door no matter what. Cmon man.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dean you asked me if i thought a deal would get done by the 15th of july . i believe yes and i am one of the very few who does

if offered a fair deal , and that might mean a huge payday because it looks like the market will be highest paid player, which would be fair deal according to what the market has set then yes because the alternative is another 2 years of rebuilding with very little draft picks to aid in that

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, so you do want to get into it, after all?:suds: While he has been in the league 5 years, he really only has about 3 years of playing experience so he is considered still a young QB. I can name numerous QBs with much more experience that were much more inconsistent at this stage of their careers, including Brees, Romo, stafford, and Ryan (just off the top of my head). All 4 of those players were labeled chokers early in their careers, some well into their careers. But as they played more, they improved. To think that KC can't become a better QB with more game time is baffling to me. I don't care what you are doing, the more you do it, the more proficient you become if you are dedicated to improving and put in time off the field honing your craft.
I think the chances that he improves is about the same as if he regresses. Studies I've seen say an athlete reaches his peak athleticism on average around age 26, and football's a brutal sport - so it ain't earlier in football. So, he's already likely going to be slightly declining physically this season. That should about offset any technical improvements he makes. I'll call it a wash.

And I'm not sure choker is the right thing to call Cousins. He hasn't been able to rise to the occasion against the better teams. He hasn't been particularly clutch, but I wouldn't say it's choking as much as showing his limitations. It's possible that will change in the future, but I'm not going to assume that's going to happen. I hope it does, but just because some others have improved doesn't mean it automatically follows that he will.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you are on record saying that KC wont turn down a "fair" deal by 7/15. Now you are saying he is out the door no matter what. Cmon man.
dean i didnt say he was out the door , stop putting words in my mouth however fair deal could have changed

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dean i didnt say he was out the door , stop putting words in my mouth however fair deal could have changed

you just agreed that he would chase the money. Your taking care of his family post.