• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins' Kirk Cousins: Still far apart on extension terms

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you just agreed that he would chase the money. Your taking care of his family post.
i didnt say that either i said fair deal may have changed

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you want to know my reaction , you rolled the dice , you lost so suck it up buttercups . you decided that seeing more for more cost was better then seeing less and hoping he is the real deal for less

now if you think i will blame the man for setting his family and their familes family up for life then you would be wrong

You watched the same interview, Riddick made some good points about how there were alot of people in that building that like and want to Kirk to be there long term. Sounds like Kirk is saying all the right things as well (at least publicly), only hangup that I have seen written anywhere is Allen.

So Danny boy is coming to the table and if a Luck offer is made and Cousins declines you wouldn't take that as a slap in the face as a Skins fan? For a guy who some of you claim to not be money driven or all about the money that would look very bad. Where is your allegiance sdad? To KC or the organization/team?

And, If he signed a Luck deal this year, would he not be setting his family up for life, lol???

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a baseline for this .... see Drew Brees.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You watched the same interview, Riddick made some good points about how there were alot of people in that building that like and want to Kirk to be there long term. Sounds like Kirk is saying all the right things as well (at least publicly), only hangup that I have seen written anywhere is Allen.

So Danny boy is coming to the table and if a Luck offer is made and Cousins declines you wouldn't take that as a slap in the face as a Skins fan? For a guy who some of you claim to not be money driven or all about the money that would look very bad. Where is your allegiance sdad? To KC or the organization/team?

And, If he signed a Luck deal this year, would he not be setting his family up for life, lol???
again if he can get an all time high contract then you negotiate off of several factors perhaps you offer luck deal and they counter and in the end he gets more then Luck did.

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kurt Warner wasn't even in the NFL at KC's age. So much for what you see is what you get.

KC has gotten better each year. He will this season as well.
Warner's the exception to a lot of rules - some might say, the rare exceptions prove the rule... by being rare exceptions. The guy wasn't even drafted, for jeebus sake.

Btw, what makes you think Cousins really improved last season?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again if he can get an all time high contract then you negotiate off of several factors perhaps you offer luck deal and they counter and in the end he gets more then Luck did.

Bullshit. If the SKins offer the Luck deal and KC says no that is a slap in the face to Redskins fans like vtsparks said.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you want to know my reaction , you rolled the dice , you lost so suck it up buttercups . you decided that seeing more for more cost was better then seeing less and hoping he is the real deal for less

now if you think i will blame the man for setting his family and their familes family up for life then you would be wrong

where in that does it state that i agreed he would chase the money ? nowhere in post #11 does it say i agree he would chase the money . those exact words are not there

what i am saying is dont expect things to come on the cheap when you bet against me because fair market has now increased

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit. If the SKins offer the Luck deal and KC says no that is a slap in the face to Redskins fans like vtsparks said.
no its not , its called negotiations

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the chances that he improves is about the same as if he regresses. Studies I've seen say an athlete reaches his peak athleticism on average around age 26, and football's a brutal sport - so it ain't earlier in football. So, he's already likely going to be slightly declining physically this season. That should about offset any technical improvements he makes. I'll call it a wash.

And I'm not sure choker is the right thing to call Cousins. He hasn't been able to rise to the occasion against the better teams. He hasn't been particularly clutch, but I wouldn't say it's choking as much as showing his limitations. It's possible that will change in the future, but I'm not going to assume that's going to happen. I hope it does, but just because some others have improved doesn't mean it automatically follows that he will.

Physically peak at 26. Off the top of my head players who were better the older they got...

Michael Jordan and every great QB the history of the game has seen.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no its not , its called negotiations

So if the luck deal is offered and KC turns it down and counteroffers and the Redskins say no, its the Redskins fault that a deal didn't get done before 7/15?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dean you asked me if i thought a deal would get done by the 15th of july . i believe yes and i am one of the very few who does

if offered a fair deal , and that might mean a huge payday because it looks like the market will be highest paid player, which would be fair deal according to what the market has set then yes because the alternative is another 2 years of rebuilding with very little draft picks to aid in that

I actually do as well.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if the luck deal is offered and KC turns it down and counteroffers and the Redskins say no, its the Redskins fault that a deal didn't get done before 7/15?
yes because they could have settled this for less but made the poor choice

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes because they could have settled this for less but made the poor choice

Bullshit. Kc said he wasn't all about the money and wanted to stay here. That would be a fair offer and he would have turned it down. That only means he wants to hit FA and really cash in. Simple as that.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warner's the exception to a lot of rules - some might say, the rare exceptions prove the rule... by being rare exceptions. The guy wasn't even drafted, for jeebus sake.

Similar statistics on a first place schedule. More confidence in throwing the deep ball and a comfort ability that wasn't there in 2015.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit. Kc said he wasn't all about the money and wanted to stay here. That would be a fair offer and he would have turned it down. That only means he wants to hit FA and really cash in. Simple as that.
he does want to stay here , the team wants him to stay here so how about we let it play out , Luck money is obsolete now and Kc's new contract in a few years will be obsolete too

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Two things on this.

First you want to say that Kirk is subject to the rule that most players have peeked by the age of 26. But on the flip side appear to be advocating us going after a QB in next years draft because we some how have a better chance of bucking the rule that only 20-25% of first round QBs turn out as good as, much less better than Cousins is now.

Secondly, while Cousins might not have actually improved much last year, he also did not regress. So if the level of performance we can expect, is the level of over all performance we have gotten from him in the last two years... what the real issue here??

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he does want to stay here , the team wants him to stay here so how about we let it play out , Luck money is obsolete now and Kc's new contract in a few years will be obsolete too

Not if he turns down the Luck deal he doenst want to stay here. Its a slap in the face to Redskins fans if he turns it down. His agent is probably advising Kc to hit FA b/c its more money in the agents pocket.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its not BS the skins were all about money (not paying it and betting against him ) and now they are in the crapped up position they put themselves in