• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins' Kirk Cousins: Still far apart on extension terms

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course they can't. They don't like him because he isn't "sparkly" enough. That 26 year old thing was BS too. Show me any QB that was better at 26 than they were at 30.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Dean...you seem to love Carr...

If he signs for more than Luck, is he all about the money?

You already know the difference between Carr and KC.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“I think that bothers those fanboys so flipping badly that they cannot move past it. And that’s coloring their evaluation. They can’t do the 16-game sample. They can’t include the Green Bay game. They can’t include how good he was against Philadelphia, leading them back with the late charge, the Dallas game where they couldn’t stop anybody on two-and-a-half days’ rest, where he was awesome, and Jordan Reed played hurt and he was awesome. They cannot get past that Giants game in terms of their evaluation.”

:amen:

16 game sample? lol. How about the month of December sample

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it called whiny fan whose real agenda is getting a new shiny toy to play with . its america he has every right to get the best possible deal he can . for all i know a luck deal or better might be the ticket for him . i say 60 -80 mil guaranteed is what it will take probably over 3 years of guaranteed and the rest a standard nfl contract

Oh stop sdad. Please! Enough! You and shark are so enamored with this notion that we want to see this rookie QB come in and set the world on fire. Its bullcrap. Most of us just want to see our team win.We have been arguing Kirks value for over a hundred pages on the other thread. Some of us still have reservations and some others (like you) are freely admitting to open up the checkbook and pay him WHATEVER he wants to lock him up no matter what. Its funny how a month ago 22-23-maybe 24 million sounded like it might do it and now you are saying it be just fine if he held out and twisted our FOs nuts because we hurt his wittle feelings with a lowball offer when he had done nothing to deserve such a rich contract.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh stop sdad. Please! Enough! You and shark are so enamored with this notion that we want to see this rookie QB come in and set the world on fire. Its bullcrap. Most of us just want to see our team win.We have been arguing Kirks value for over a hundred pages on the other thread. Some of us still have reservations and some others (like you) are freely admitting to open up the checkbook and pay him WHATEVER he wants to lock him up no matter what. Its funny how a month ago 22-23-maybe 24 million sounded like it might do it and now you are saying it be just fine if he held out and twisted our FOs nuts because we hurt his wittle feelings with a lowball offer when he had done nothing to deserve such a rich contract.
ok then where do you go if KC doesnt return ? you say its about money so who do you line up that makes it better for the team ?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“I think that bothers those fanboys so flipping badly that they cannot move past it. And that’s coloring their evaluation. They can’t do the 16-game sample. They can’t include the Green Bay game. They can’t include how good he was against Philadelphia, leading them back with the late charge, the Dallas game where they couldn’t stop anybody on two-and-a-half days’ rest, where he was awesome, and Jordan Reed played hurt and he was awesome. They cannot get past that Giants game in terms of their evaluation.”

:amen:
this is dean VT and the rest

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know you can sign KC to the long term deal and still draft the qb . you just dont have to give up the farm for him

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
by the way VT you werent posting a whole lot when dean was creaming over what he would do with the 2 1st rounders he would get if they traded KC . so yeah that shiny new toy thing definitely applies to him and that is exactly who i was addressing

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok then where do you go if KC doesnt return ? you say its about money so who do you line up that makes it better for the team ?

I don't know which direction to go? I hope the deal gets done at a reasonable price, I really do. But if he declines a really good offer so he can completely gouge us next offseason and play the FA game, then you can bet its going to leave a very sour taste in some mouths in the FO, the fanbase, probably the team as well. I understand he has to get what he can, but when is enough enough? When is he overstepping his financial boundaries to the point of insult? In the real world, you play that game and at some point the guy who writes the checks tells you to hit the bricks, you aren't worth the money and if you are being that selfish and greedy, then we will take our chances elsewhere. That could very well happen if this scenario played out.

Have they lowballed him in the past? Yes. But, if the FO makes him a Luck offer then that shows 110% that they, the staff, and everyone in that entire organization is committed to you being their guy long term. You tabs over $40 mill in tag money over the course of 2 years and walk away with your middle finger up. If he declined the offer that would be a huge hit on his moral character and what he "supposedly" stands for. His "Golden Boy"/Nice guy next door image would be forever tarnished IMO.

Last edited:

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
by the way VT you werent posting a whole lot when dean was creaming over what he would do with the 2 1st rounders he would get if they traded KC . so yeah that shiny new toy thing definitely applies to him and that is exactly who i was addressing

I understand sdad. I'm not speaking for Dean, but at the time, a lot of rumors were being floated around that there was some major major strife going on and that KC had ZERO interest in being a Skin long term. That he was (behind closed doors) asking for a trade or just willing to play 1-2, even 3 tags out, get Dan and Allen hard in the wallet and walk when we could no longer afford to tag/sign him. If those were true, then yeah, why not get a couple 1sts if you can? I would rather do that than play him for another year or two as a VERY expensive rental, and get a 3rd and start over.

Those rumors, were debunked. Now if that was just lip service for the public? Who knows? I don't think so. But you never know..,

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know which direction to go? I hope the deal gets done at a reasonable price, I really do. But if he declines a really good offer so he can completely gouge us next offseason and play the FA game, then you can bet its going to leave a very sour taste in some mouths in the FO, the fanbase, probably the team as well. I understand he has to get what he can, but when is enough enough? When is he overstepping his financial boundaries to the point of insult? In the real world, you play that game and at some point the guy who writes the checks tells you to hit the bricks, you aren't worth the money and if you are being that selfish and greedy, then we will take our chances elsewhere. That could very well happen if this scenario played out.

Have they lowballed him in the past? Yes. But, if the FO makes him a Luck offer then that shows 110% that they, the staff, and everyone in that entire organization is committed to you being their guy long term. You tabs over $40 mill in tag money over the course of 2 years and walk away with your middle finger up. If he declined the offer that would be a huge hit on his moral character and what he "supposedly" stands for. His "Golden Boy"/Nice guy next door image would be forever tarnished IMO.

What is your opinion of reasonable? You have stated market value is not.

It really wouldn't hurt his image. It would show he couldn't stand this organization...which is reasonable. Now if he leaves, I will do what I do for all non Skin players...hope they fail miserable...except Peyton...I loved Peyton.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

People who want to sign him don't want to pay him whatever he wants. We want to pay him his market value, like we did last season.

I have said this entire offseason what it would take.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is being the thirteenth highest paid starter in the league a top level contract? The players that were behind him deserved to be behind him because they were proven below average starters.

I am glad you bring up Rodgers and yes they did run to sign him. The difference is, they didn't wait until after the season. Rodgers didn't start until 2008. On October 31, 2008, he signed an extension for more than 10 mil a season. Thanks for proving the point.

Nobody here is saying KC couldn't have flopped but it would have cost us nothing because we had no more answers and that is what you don't seem to get. You guarantee two years in a contract and give a SB. That is what is best for the team.

Fair enough, Rodgers did sign an extension in 2008. Barely before he played a game. Green Bay rolled the dice and hit gold. Guess I should have done my homework before shooting off at the mouth. I couldn't find alot of details, but I found it interesting that they didn't even quite guarantee 2X his yearly pay, $11 mill APY, $20 mill guaranteed. My how things have changed...

I guess you are right in the sense that teams will pay for "hope", but still KC was no more than an average starter at that point. No better resume than most of the players below him. The only thing, as you say, there was still hope. He had hardly had time to fail yet.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

not this bs again.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VT and I already proved its just not the Giants game. You guys fell in love with stats.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is your opinion of reasonable? You have stated market value is not.

It really wouldn't hurt his image. It would show he couldn't stand this organization...which is reasonable. Now if he leaves, I will do what I do for all non Skin players...hope they fail miserable...except Peyton...I loved Peyton.

:nono: Well, obviously many of us disagree on what market value is. I would say the Luck contract would be the ceiling based on what he has accomplished. If he didn't accept it, that would be unreasonable.

And I think if he left the highest paid players salary on the table, it would completely wreak of greed. In some ways I think it would hurt his image, but he wouldn't be any different than most NFL players, so I see your point.

..And I'm glad to see you at least wouldn't be rooting for him :suds: HTTR

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VT and I already proved its just not the Giants game. You guys fell in love with stats.

What you proved is, you are capable of cheery picking a couple of bad games or results and proclaiming

See.. this is who he really is.

What neither of you have the balls to say is, you dont care how Kirk finishes this year, or how he did last year. VT passed judgement on him already and deemed the team would be better off with one of these rookies. So to for that matter have you

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough, Rodgers did sign an extension in 2008. Barely before he played a game. Green Bay rolled the dice and hit gold. Guess I should have done my homework before shooting off at the mouth. I couldn't find alot of details, but I found it interesting that they didn't even quite guarantee 2X his yearly pay, $11 mill APY, $20 mill guaranteed. My how things have changed...

I guess you are right in the sense that teams will pay for "hope", but still KC was no more than an average starter at that point. No better resume than most of the players below him. The only thing, as you say, there was still hope. He had hardly had time to fail yet.

Yea, Nine years ago this was money you only gave to an established Elite QB.