• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Red Sox throttle hapless M's,make the smart move, add Peavy for pennies on the dollar

mike hunt

Hoopla Cash
$ 850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teal Swordman aka PH, Grab your chest and die already..

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN is showing a home game tonight for a team that hasn't had a winning season in 20 years.

Herb Scorer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"WMB has been called up, ending speculation that it would be Bogaerts...who still might make his debut in the next couple of weeks."

====

There's not a happier kid on the planet this morning than Middlebrooks.

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's Positive Hype from CBS?

How many former mets, turned marlins, fans that have an unhealthy level of hatred for ESPN do you know?

Seriously...who the fuck cries that ESPN isn't talking about their pitching prospects enough? The fact that literally only about 12 people in Florida could pick Jacob Turner out of a police lineup has completely fucking passed him by...

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"WMB has been called up, ending speculation that it would be Bogaerts...who still might make his debut in the next couple of weeks."

====

There's not a happier kid on the planet this morning than Middlebrooks.

Except...Bogie (what I've settled on calling him, my childhood dogs name too...damn I miss that dog) is now playing 3rd...so the pressure is getting cranked up for him to produce....or he's going to be riding the bus again...

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and then they do thus:wtf2:

Rob Bradford of WEEI.com reports that the Red Sox will call up Brock Holt to replace Jose Iglesias for the time being.

mike hunt

Hoopla Cash
$ 850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PH how did the Jose Reyes experiment work out in Fla, move the team from that fake fan base and get rid of that horrible owner..

RedSoxWorrld

Brock wears female undies
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rob Bradford of WEEI.com reports that the Red Sox will call up Brock Holt to replace Jose Iglesias for the time being.

Teal Swordsman

Marlins Fan Base
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh...and Turner is over rated....good, not great, pitcher in the future...doesn't have the swing miss stuff like Wheeler, or Fernandez for that matter.

Yeah sure, swing-miss stuff always makes a great pitcher (Oliver Perez) and lack of it always makes a bad pitcher (Greg Maddux).

I forget that you're one of the SABR geeks. You all forget that I'm old school and played the game. If a guy gets me outs, I don't give a shit how he did it. He can sing lullabies to the ball and toss it underhand to the plate. If he throws strikes and gets me outs, he's my guy.

As for Wheeler, there is one thing you fail to look at. His K/9 ain't special like a swing-miss guy should be and his BB total is high. I think I'd refrain from placing him over a younger guy that has been more effective with his stuff.

Oh, and if you are looking for guys with swing-miss stuff, the Marlins have 2 others that do in Nathan Eovaldi and Henderson Alvarez. I didn't even mention them. I guess E!SPN didn't tell you about them before you commented.
:doh:

Brocktagon

the handsome super genius
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i found the daily thread today!

Herb Scorer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except...Bogie (what I've settled on calling him, my childhood dogs name too...damn I miss that dog) is now playing 3rd...so the pressure is getting cranked up for him to produce....or he's going to be riding the bus again...
DOWN-

BY SEPTEMBER, WE WILL GET TO SEE A BOGAERT(S) PLAYING BEHIND OUR DOUBIE

A STONER'S WET DREAM...

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and if you are looking for guys with swing-miss stuff, the Marlins have 2 others that do in Nathan Eovaldi and Henderson Alvarez. I didn't even mention them. I guess E!SPN didn't tell you about them before you commented.

neither have good swing an miss stuff...both are contact pitchers...but strike out fewer than 7 per 9...

Wheeler is north of a k per inning....

You suck at this...

And why do you care? Every guy you've mentioned will be playing elsewhere in 5 years...you know it, I know it...everyone knows it.

#can'twaitforgiancarloinboston