• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Red Sox throttle hapless M's,make the smart move, add Peavy for pennies on the dollar

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
down, you know anythign about the prospect Detroit gave up?

Might be something to him...started hitting for a little more power the last couple of years...before that? Light hitting CF'er. Was blowing up AAA before the trade...

The white sox did alright...but take a look at what the Cubs got for Garza? And it demolishes this IMO...

Lord Scalious

Shut up World
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good trade for the Tigers. Not that many good Hitting SS's out there. So might as well acquire the best defensive SS you can find to address the fact they have a pretty poor IF defense..

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good trade for the Tigers. Not that many good Hitting SS's out there. So might as well acquire the best defensive SS you can find to address the fact they have a pretty poor IF defense..

I don't think that's getting talked about enough...this was actually a pretty good move for a team in a pretty desperate situation...

But man...there is liteterally nothing of significance in that detroit system now...

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

we will miss his glove til xander is ready

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we will miss his glove til xander is ready

Drew has been better than he gets credit for...but yeah..."decent" pales in comparison to "stellar"....

And don't get your hopes too high on Xander's glove...might be a tick better than Hanley at the same age/level...

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drew has been better than he gets credit for...but yeah..."decent" pales in comparison to "stellar"....

And don't get your hopes too high on Xander's glove...might be a tick better than Hanley at the same age/level...

he can improve...guys do on occasion

iglesias just "has it" defensively. he could probably sleep at SS and make plays

i thought xander was above average with the leather?

RedSoxWorrld

Brock wears female undies
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

iglesias just "has it" defensively. he could probably sleep at SS and make plays

wade boggs used to be a horrible fielder then worked his ass off to get better

did he ever win a GG?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Detroit could have had Profar

but they hung up when we asked for Miggy :behindsofa: :laugh3:

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guys

forgot to mention

shes gone

2 days, havent seen her...she texted me last night just "i will be by later this week to get more of my stuff"

my nightmare is over

shes living with a married couple she knows, or staying there

just what every married couple wants...a 33 year old drunken toddler who works part time at a deli and cant support herself

Lord Scalious

Shut up World
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that's getting talked about enough...this was actually a pretty good move for a team in a pretty desperate situation...

But man...there is liteterally nothing of significance in that detroit system now...

Yeah, they have Castellanos and that's about it.

But they have more Major League Talent than most teams. So eh...

When you suck at the MLB level AND have a depleted Farm system...then you're fucked..

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Above average? Today? No...average, fringe below...but he's shown dramatic improvements since A ball...so the thought is he'll continue to improve some and be an "adequate" short stop...

Probably going to 3rd or LF still..but, the thought is his bat will be so far over the top plus for the position that you're happy to accept the average at best glove...at least for a few years...and then who knows...maybe he can jeter his way to a couple GG's and trick an entire country into thinking he's something special out there..

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wade boggs used to be a horrible fielder then worked his ass off to get better

did he ever win a GG?

a couple I think...like you said, later in his career...but GG's durring that time frame? Don't put any stock in them...that was the era of GG's where Palmiero won at 1st base for DH's the whole season...

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
where is dirt

gay camp?

Teal Swordsman

Marlins Fan Base
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i hear ya teal, i'm probably biased living here and don't pay any attention to how ESPN skews their coverage

but if the Rays, maybe the best team in baseball, can't sell out their games, doesnt that factor into the coverage they get? its a ratings driven industry

Not sure any pitcher is comparable to Harvey, not even Fernandez

dont know the second highly touted starter in Florida you refer to

ESPN's fault!

Yes, it's a ratings-driven industry, but every aspect of business relies on marketing. E!SPN and FOX refuse to market their coverage of other teams. You see MLB Network. They get a huge draw and they cover all 30 teams. The market all 30 teams. They don't have problems with viewership. But of course, MLB Network, like the other sports league-based networks are for the real sports fan. E!SPN and FOX have become networks for the kiddies or casual sports fan.

As for the Rays and their attendance, I will point out one thing. If you look at MLB as a whole, you can find large segments of empty seats in about 20 to 25 MLB stadiums on a regular basis - including the Mets. So how does that support E!SPN and FOX's decisions on who they choose to cover? And I'm sorry, but I'm curious about how the season plays out and I want to see playoff teams all the time. There is no reason why those 2 crappy networks shouldn't market games that involve playoff teams instead of showing their bias toward the teams in their backyards.

Jacob Turner is a top prospect that the Marlins got from the Tigers last year. He was once rated higher than both Harvey and Wheeler. He unfortunately was brought up too early by the Tigers. Marlins got him and he's been pitching very well for the Marlins. In fact, he and Fernandez are both pitching better than Wheeler. Harvey is having a great season, but Fernandez and Turner are pitching very well too. And they both are younger than both Harvey and Wheeler. But of course, E!SPN and FOX need to hype NY and Boston so Harvey and Wheeler are the shit for the future of the NL East, but there is no mention of the 2 studs in Miami that will be competing against them - even when those 2 teams are facing each other. Funny how that works.

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, it's a ratings-driven industry, but every aspect of business relies on marketing. E!SPN and FOX refuse to market their coverage of other teams. You see MLB Network. They get a huge draw and they cover all 30 teams. The market all 30 teams. They don't have problems with viewership. But of course, MLB Network, like the other sports league-based networks are for the real sports fan. E!SPN and FOX have become networks for the kiddies or casual sports fan.

As for the Rays and their attendance, I will point out one thing. If you look at MLB as a whole, you can find large segments of empty seats in about 20 to 25 MLB stadiums on a regular basis - including the Mets. So how does that support E!SPN and FOX's decisions on who they choose to cover? And I'm sorry, but I'm curious about how the season plays out and I want to see playoff teams all the time. There is no reason why those 2 crappy networks shouldn't market games that involve playoff teams instead of showing their bias toward the teams in their backyards.

Jacob Turner is a top prospect that the Marlins got from the Tigers last year. He was once rated higher than both Harvey and Wheeler. He unfortunately was brought up too early by the Tigers. Marlins got him and he's been pitching very well for the Marlins. In fact, he and Fernandez are both pitching better than Wheeler. Harvey is having a great season, but Fernandez and Turner are pitching very well too. And they both are younger than both Harvey and Wheeler. But of course, E!SPN and FOX need to hype NY and Boston so Harvey and Wheeler are the shit for the future of the NL East, but there is no mention of the 2 studs in Miami that will be competing against them - even when those 2 teams are facing each other. Funny how that works.

You do realize that everyone in here has already heard this shit from you...years ago? Right? We already know you hate ESPN....

We get it...

FYI..no one is reading this shit...

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guys

forgot to mention

shes gone

2 days, havent seen her...she texted me last night just "i will be by later this week to get more of my stuff"

my nightmare is over

shes living with a married couple she knows, or staying there

just what every married couple wants...a 33 year old drunken toddler who works part time at a deli and cant support herself

hmm, "crack me up" has been gone for 2 days too I think.

Coincidence?

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh...and Turner is over rated....good, not great, pitcher in the future...doesn't have the swing miss stuff like Wheeler, or Fernandez for that matter.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

did-not-read-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-556.gif