• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Red Sox throttle hapless M's,make the smart move, add Peavy for pennies on the dollar

RedSoxWorrld

Brock wears female undies
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little more on the releiver they got back from detroit...

The way I look at it? If a team with a horrible bullpen trades you a bullpen arm? Chances are he's horrible.

gravy

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think detroit was going to put him through waivers to get him off their 40 man anyway...

more like "hey ben, we're going to be waiving this kid anyway, you want a crack at him?"

"he throws 98? sure...fuck it."

Teal Swordsman

Marlins Fan Base
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
last Sunday's ESPN game and this Sunday, who played?

ESPN has been sucking lebron's dick for ten years now, where's he play these days?

And the Rays have been getting a ton of coverage on sportscenter in the past month

As for the Mets, it has everything to do with Harvey and last night Wheeler had a no no into the 7th

I don't watch Fox for sports other than football

Whoopeee! E!SPN throws a bone toward a couple of the other 27 non-NY or non-Boston teams once in a while, but guess what. I don't see any segments dedicated to constant coverage of those other 27 teams. And guess what, when I was scrolling through channels to check the score of that game, for the 5 minutes I was on it, the discussion was about the Yankees and Red Sox. What the fuck did that have to do with the game that was on - not even the same division or even the same league? When the Red Sox and Yankees are playing, there is no discussion about any of the other MLB teams - barely even talk about their own division.

The NBA makes E!SPN talk about LeBron. Imagine how bad it would be if he played in NY or Boston. MLB has no real leadership to make E!SPN and FOX balance their coverage of MLB. NFL and NBA do.

Rays have been getting your version of coverage, but it still is dwarfed by how much coverage the Yankees and Red Sox get. And the Rays are only getting coverage because they are playing at a record pace, so E!SPN cannot just dismiss it.

As for the Mets, that team is covered all the time regardless of what they have or how bad they are or horrible their roster is. Has nothing to do with certain players that they have now. When the Marlins have been in the big cities playing, you don't see E!SPN and FOX pulling on the dicks of Jose Fernandez or Jacob Turner like they do Harvey and Wheeler. And that Marlins duo is just as highly regarded as the Mets duo. Tell me that I'm wrong on that.

Last edited by a moderator:

RedSoxWorrld

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
down, you know anythign about the prospect Detroit gave up?

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the excuse for the other 26 besides the Marlins teams that E!SPN and FOX don't like covering? What's the excuse for covering the Mets and all their empty seats?

E!SPN and FOX = sports coverage for the kiddies.

MLB Network, NFL Network, NBA TV = sports coverage for the real sports fan.

forever-alone.gif

Teal Swordsman

Marlins Fan Base
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude...you've been spouting this shit for years...we get it...you think there is a vast media conspiracy against the Marlins to keep them in the basement.

Point made.

Move the fuck on...

It isn't just about the Marlins. It's about E!SPN and FOX promoting the teams in their own backyards and ignoring the other markets - even trying to bash other markets and teams on a regular basis. For networks that claim to be authorities on sports, they should not act like local NY or Boston sports news stations.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

oh, it was peavy

you emailed me about it

apologize or leave the boards forever

[FONT=&quot]From:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Bob the Red Sox fan [mailto
Sent: Wednesday, July 24, 2013 3:55 PM
To:XXXXXXX
Subject: Re: Did you kill SportsHoopla?[/FONT]

I knew you'd roll with the Peavy thing

Nice!

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoopeee! E!SPN throws a bone toward a couple of the other 27 non-NY or non-Boston teams once in a while, but guess what. I don't see any segments dedicated to constant coverage of those other 27 teams. And guess what, when I was scrolling through channels to check the score of that game, for the 5 minutes I was on it, the discussion was about the Yankees and Red Sox. What the fuck did that have to do with the game that was on - not even the same division or even the same league? When the Red Sox and Yankees are playing, there is no discussion about any of the other MLB teams - barely even talk about their own division.

The NBA makes E!SPN talk about LeBron. Imagine how bad it would be if he played in NY or Boston. MLB has no real leadership to make E!SPN and FOX balance their coverage of MLB. NFL and NBA do.

Rays have been getting your version of coverage, but it still is dwarfed by how much coverage the Yankees and Red Sox get. And the Rays are only getting coverage because they are playing at a record pace, so E!SPN cannot just dismiss it.

As for the Mets, that team is covered all the time regardless of what they have or how bad they are or horrible their roster is. Has nothing to do with certain players that they have now. When the Marlins have been in the big cities playing, yu don't see E!SPN and FOX pulling on the dicks of Jose Fernandez or Jacob turner's dicks like they do Harvey and Wheeler. And that Marlins duo is just as highly regarded as the Mets duo. Tell me that I'm wrong on that.

NO ONE FUCKING CARES

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn't just about the Marlins. It's about E!SPN and FOX promoting the teams in their own backyards and ignoring the other markets - even trying to bash other markets and teams on a regular basis. For networks that claim to be authorities on sports, they should not act like local NY or Boston sports news stations.

NO ONE FUCKING CARES

RedSoxWorrld

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As for the Mets, that team is covered all the time regardless of what they have or how bad they are or horrible their roster is. Has nothing to do with certain players that they have now. When the Marlins have been in the big cities playing, yu don't see E!SPN and FOX pulling on the dicks of Jose Fernandez or Jacob turner's dicks like they do Harvey and Wheeler. And that Marlins duo is just as highly regarded as the Mets duo. Tell me that I'm wrong on that.

i hear ya teal, i'm probably biased living here and don't pay any attention to how ESPN skews their coverage

but if the Rays, maybe the best team in baseball, can't sell out their games, doesnt that factor into the coverage they get? its a ratings driven industry

Not sure any pitcher is comparable to Harvey, not even Fernandez

dont know the second highly touted starter in Florida you refer to

ESPN's fault!

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"if they would just spend more time on a team that no one will pay to watch...then...little kids everywhere might become marlins fans. It's impossible to build a fanbase without 2 minute long segments on Sportscenter"

RedSoxWorrld

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh, it was peavy

you emailed me about it

apologize or leave the boards forever

[FONT=&quot]From:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Bob the Red Sox fan [mailto
Sent: Wednesday, July 24, 2013 3:55 PM