• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Red Sox throttle hapless M's,make the smart move, add Peavy for pennies on the dollar

Teal Swordsman

Marlins Fan Base
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I can see the headlines now..." Fist pump gone wrong lands pitcher on DL"

I'm laughing already.

Sad part is that, with Qualls, it may end his career.

What a way to go. He could tell his grandkids that he went out celebrating.

Mike Oxlodge

I'm better looking than U
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know that when I saw that Johnson was added to that trade, I knew the D-Backs fucked that trade up. I still don't get why he was included in that trade. He may not be this good with the batting average, but he is still a quality 3B that can give you anywhere from 15-25 HRs and .260+ average for a few years. That's a guy that should not have been virtually a throw-in.

I'd rather have Prado, a guy that can play multiple positions. Well that's what I thought at the time of the trade, but Gattis was destroying the baseball in ST. Gattis can play multiple positions but has tremendous power. A throw back kind of player, no batting gloves...etc. Prado was still more versatile. If Atlanta can r*pe a front office by midnight, I'm fine with that.

Teal Swordsman

Marlins Fan Base
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when PH told everyone the Marlins Cameron Maybin was going to be better than Calos Gomez from the Mets. No one really knows how most of these young players will turnout but it is funny listening to PH.

Ok, I was wrong about that.

Remember when you dipshits said that Lastings Milledge was better than Cody Ross and Josh Willingham?

How about some of you on both the CBS and E!SPN boards that said that Fernando Martinez was better than Giancarlo Stanton?

Here's some memories for you:

alg-mets-jpg.jpg

mike hunt

Hoopla Cash
$ 850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO Fernando Martinez and Stanton now you are flat out making stuff up.Martinez has never been compared to Stanton they weren't even prospects at the same time, go PH go

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now say it in english
He's saying the Red Sox are like a bunch of pirates who have gotten away with a robbery,I believe.

Personally I'm not that impressed with the deal at first glance. The players we got are going to have their work cut out convincing me they were worth giving up Iglesias for.

Last edited by a moderator:

Teal Swordsman

Marlins Fan Base
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather have Prado, a guy that can play multiple positions. Well that's what I thought at the time of the trade, but Gattis was destroying the baseball in ST. Gattis can play multiple positions but has tremendous power. A throw back kind of player, no batting gloves...etc. Prado was still more versatile. If Atlanta can r*pe a front office by midnight, I'm fine with that.

Yeah, Prado is a loss, but you did get both Upton and Johnson. To me, you seriously won that trade.

Who are you guys looking it pitching-wise? I feel you guys need a frontline starter. You're an excellent team, but I feel lack 1 frontline starter to win it all.

Teal Swordsman

Marlins Fan Base
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO Fernando Martinez and Stanton now you are flat out making stuff up.Martinez has never been compared to Stanton they weren't even prospects at the same time, go PH go

Yes they were. Martinez has been a prospect for like 5 or 6 years. Stanton came up in 2010. There was at least 1 of you on CBS and a couple of others on E!SPN that said that crap about Martinez vs Stanton. And a multitude of you said that Ike Davis was better than Stanton and even as good as Posey.

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh beautiful! Minor League ball! Just ignore Major League performance because Minor League performance take precedence over that.

:wtf2:

Let's see...should I put more stock in wheelers 8 major league starts...or his 81 minor league starts...hmmm...tough one...

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"jose iglesias will win multiple batting titles...since small MLB samples mean so much"

~ mets turned marlin fans

Teal Swordsman

Marlins Fan Base
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see...should I put more stock in wheelers 8 major league starts...or his 81 minor league starts...hmmm...tough one...

Hmmm...then we can wait longer on all of these pitchers. Just tell E!SPN and FOX that.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wheelers gonna be a stud

forgot who they fleeced for him

Mike Oxlodge

I'm better looking than U
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Prado is a loss, but you did get both Upton and Johnson. To me, you seriously won that trade.

Who are you guys looking it pitching-wise? I feel you guys need a frontline starter. You're an excellent team, but I feel lack 1 frontline starter to win it all.

No one out there worth trading for at this point. They have plenty of young pitching and bull pen depth. Downs helps out considering both their best lefties are pretty much done and Venters arm is shredded from all the work he's put in the past 3 seasons. I don't see them making any more moves.

Teal Swordsman

Marlins Fan Base
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"jose iglesias will win multiple batting titles...since small MLB samples mean so much"

~ mets turned marlin fans

"Vote guys into Cooperstown based on Minor League stats."

~ One of the few men on the planet that has to look up at Dustin PEDroia

Teal Swordsman

Marlins Fan Base
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wheelers gonna be a stud

forgot who they fleeced for him

I didn't say he's not gonna be a stud. I was just pointing out that there are 2 other young studs on another NL East team that E!SPN and FOX refuse to mention.

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm...then we can wait longer on all of these pitchers. Just tell E!SPN and FOX that.

Since I only offered an opinion of what I thought Turner would be in the future? How can I wait until later to do that?

I like him, especially in that ballpark where you can get away with being a contact pitcher, but I don't think he's got the ceiling of a top of the rotation starter...Wheeler does...Fernandez does....

Since you love MLB samples over minorleague track records and scouting projections...who is it again you don't think matt harvey is the best young pitcher in baseball?

oh...yeah, he plays for the mets and you've got more bias than ESPN, CNN, Fox News, MSNBC and Bill Maher combined...

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say he's not gonna be a stud. I was just pointing out that there are 2 other young studs on another NL East team that E!SPN and FOX refuse to mention.

probably because no one cares

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now...if only there were 5 people in his teams home state that knew who he was....

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Vote guys into Cooperstown based on Minor League stats."

~ One of the few men on the planet that has to look up at Dustin PEDroia

No...I'm making major league projections based on minor league performance...

And I still get a chuckle when a Marlins fan brings up PED's as if his team didn't purchase a world series by bringing in the games biggest steroid freaks...

Teal Swordsman

Marlins Fan Base
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since I only offered an opinion of what I thought Turner would be in the future? How can I wait until later to do that?

I like him, especially in that ballpark where you can get away with being a contact pitcher, but I don't think he's got the ceiling of a top of the rotation starter...Wheeler does...Fernandez does....

Since you love MLB samples over minorleague track records and scouting projections...who is it again you don't think matt harvey is the best young pitcher in baseball?

oh...yeah, he plays for the mets and you've got more bias than ESPN, CNN, Fox News, MSNBC and Bill Maher combined...

Harvey looks like the real deal. Wheeler looks like a legit frontline starter. I'm just pointing out that the duo in Miami is also as capable - especially since they both are younger than Harvey and Wheeler. Both have been pitching better than Wheeler. Harvey is having an excellent season. I believe that Fernandez can be at that level soon too because he's a notch behind, while being 4 years younger than Harvey. Wheeler and Turner, while different in their approaches, I think are the same caliber of pitchers. That's all I'm saying.

I'm not bashing the Mets duo in this. just pointing out a fact that there is another duo that are doing some things that are being ignored by the kiddy networks.