• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Red Sox throttle hapless M's,make the smart move, add Peavy for pennies on the dollar

Teal Swordsman

Marlins Fan Base
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
probably because no one cares

correction:

Nobody on the kiddy networks care. And it's a product of a biased network and a failed marketing department.

Last edited by a moderator:

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like the trade.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
correction:

Nobody on the kiddy networks don't care. And it's a product of a biased network and a failed marketing department.

no

its because no one cares

i assume youre talking marlins...those toddlers they called up that arent ready and will be ruined because of it

dude, no one cares about the marlins

nobody

no one

not even people in miami

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
correction:

Nobody on the kiddy networks don't care. And it's a product of a biased network and a failed marketing department.

I don't think you can look at ESPN, the multibillion dollar network, and conclude their marketing strategies don't accomplish the one goal they have..."failed" Laughable...

And again...brand new stadium...brand new team.....same fucking fans = no one showed up last year, and they're dead last , yet again, in attendance this year....

Why should ESPN spend any time placating fans that don't care enough to watch the team in question themselves...

Miami, and florida in general, SUCKS for pro-sports...the people down there don't right give a fuck about it, until it becomes the cool thing in town (The Heat)

"hey...bieber is going to this sporting event thing...we should go!!! I think it's called basekethockey or something"

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you can look at ESPN, the multibillion dollar network, and conclude their marketing strategies don't accomplish the one goal they have..."failed" Laughable...

And again...brand new stadium...brand new team.....same fucking fans = no one showed up last year, and they're dead last , yet again, in attendance this year....

Why should ESPN spend any time placating fans that don't care enough to watch the team in question themselves...

Miami, and florida in general, SUCKS for pro-sports...the people down there don't right give a fuck about it, until it becomes the cool thing in town (The Heat)

"hey...bieber is going to this sporting event thing...we should go!!! I think it's called basekethockey or something"

its painted/decorated like a cuban shanty town

RedSoxWorrld

Brock wears female undies
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

have to be a little lenient on Marlins fans this year, ownership bent them over and shtupped them in the ass on the stadium deal

not that they were supporting the team much before that, but the fans got hosed

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like the trade.

Really? Why? This paves the way for a Bogaerts/WMB left side....or a Bogaerts/cecchini/Pedey/WMB (1st) infield for the foreseeable future...

And they get a useful mid rotation innings eater for 2 years...for iglesias?

Adam Jones on the hub last night made the absolute perfect comparison. Mad at myself for not seeing it first...

Pokey Reese.

They just traded Pokey Reese, and 3 super low tiered/level guys...for an established veteran mid rotation starting pitcher, with 2 years of control. At the trade deadline....

Ben...this is for you:

tumblr_m2wfjlK1Tf1qh2o7zo1_500.gif

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
have to be a little lenient on Marlins fans this year, ownership bent them over and shtupped them in the ass on the stadium deal

not that they were supporting the team much before that, but the fans got hosed

Why should the owner show any loyalty to a city he's won 2 championships in, and no one right fucking cared about it?

he sucks...I'd hate him here too, and that stadium deal was a fucking catastrophe for the city...it's why he should have moved them years ago...

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1) Who's going to play 3rd the rest of the season? Brock Holt, Snyder, WMB? Not too appealing
2) If Buchholz finally decides he wants to pitch again, who gets bumped from the rotation? Based on the status of the other guys, it would have to be Doubront, who has pitched pretty well as of late.
3) Sox seemed to be a team that needed another bullpen arm (maybe two) and then see what happens from there. The way the Rays are looking, not sure any trade is going to vault the Sox over them.
4) If Iglesias only played SS - I definitely could see this trade making sense. But him playing third frequently, and then leaving a hole there makes it a little odd.

The only thing that makes this a good trade is Iglesias' apparent fall back to earth batting-wise. But I think as we watch Brock Holt, Snyder or WMB butcher third and strikeout a lot, we probably could have lived with Iglesias.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Why? This paves the way for a Bogaerts/WMB left side....or a Bogaerts/cecchini/Pedey/WMB (1st) infield for the foreseeable future...

And they get a useful mid rotation innings eater for 2 years...for iglesias?

Adam Jones on the hub last night made the absolute perfect comparison. Mad at myself for not seeing it first...

Pokey Reese.

They just traded Pokey Reese, and 3 super low tiered/level guys...for an established veteran mid rotation starting pitcher, with 2 years of control. At the trade deadline....

Ben...this is for you:

tumblr_m2wfjlK1Tf1qh2o7zo1_500.gif

pokey reeese

perfect comparison, tho pokey could hit by comparison lol

RedSoxWorrld

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why should the owner show any loyalty to a city he's won 2 championships in, and no one right fucking cared about it?

he sucks...I'd hate him here too, and that stadium deal was a fucking catastrophe for the city...it's why he should have moved them years ago...

yeah, he did engineer two titles and then had two fire sales right after

and then had another fire sale after getting taxpayers to build his new stadium

blame all around on this one

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and add in Peavy's injury risk to why I don't like.

RedSoxWorrld

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Who's going to play 3rd the rest of the season? Brock Holt, Snyder, WMB? Not too appealing
2) If Buchholz finally decides he wants to pitch again, who gets bumped from the rotation? Based on the status of the other guys, it would have to be Doubront, who has pitched pretty well as of late.
3) Sox seemed to be a team that needed another bullpen arm (maybe two) and then see what happens from there. The way the Rays are looking, not sure any trade is going to vault the Sox over them.
4) If Iglesias only played SS - I definitely could see this trade making sense. But him playing third frequently, and then leaving a hole there makes it a little odd.

The only thing that makes this a good trade is Iglesias' apparent fall back to earth batting-wise. But I think as we watch Brock Holt, Snyder or WMB butcher third and strikeout a lot, we probably could have lived with Iglesias.

1. Holt for now and WMB eventually.
2. I'd bump Dempster, you can't take Doubrount out of the rotation. He's been much better than Dempster and probably their best starter for two months. Plus, Dempster has been in the pen before.
3. Agreed on bullpen, but they have rest of day today and waiver wire deals to make that happen. Sox will not win this division unless TB implodes. TB, if they keep scoring runs like they have been, will win this division by at least 5 games. Sox just need to worry about WC
4. Didn't want to get rid of Iglesisas but somebody was sitting when Boegarts comes up, so you either trade Iglesisas in this deal or WMB if his name ever came up. I still like WMB

Brocktagon

the handsome super genius
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and add in Peavy's injury risk to why I don't like.

we just gave up a 23 year old who's batting .330 for a 32 year old who's best days are behind him.

un

freakin

believable

is danny ainge running the red sox too??

RedSoxWorrld

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we just gave up a 23 year old who's batting .330 for a 32 year old who's best days are behind him.

un

freakin

believable

is danny ainge running the red sox too??

he was hitting close to .400 a month ago

he's not a .300 hitter

he's a .250ish hitter with a great glove