• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rebuilding The Defense = Fallacy

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not as easy to rebuild staying a winner as it is with a bad team and high draft picks, especially when both sides have needed entirely rebuilt and he kept them good enough that we could have won a Super Bowl if they got a little hot every single year. The difference in value just in the first pick between 14 and 24 is massive.

I cannot think of a team that has done close to as well as Belichick given the goal to give on of the GOAT every chance we could. You don't throw away a year when you can make history. This team could easily win two more Super Bowls with Brady if he stays at the top of his game a few more years and a little development of his teammates happens, and is in great shape even if he moves on.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot think of a team that has done close to as well as Belichick given the goal to give on of the GOAT every chance we could. You don't throw away a year when you can make history. This team could easily win two more Super Bowls with Brady if he stays at the top of his game a few more years and a little development of his teammates happens, and is in great shape even if he moves on.

Defensively, the jury is still out on Collins and Ryan but I think they've shown signs they can play. Ryan may have to take Talib's spot next year so I hope he can play at a high level. Harmon might also be a decent player but they could have more than likely picked him up and Tavon Wilson later but admittedly, it's speculation. As it turns out, Wilson is nothing more than a STs player so taking him @ 48 was a mistake and I hope Harmon isn't another one. IMO...bottomline... five years is long enough to rebuild a team and this one isn't there yet, but one more good draft haul coupled with a few good moves could do it. At least they have most of their picks left for next year. Hopefully they'll find a couple of young DTs that can run and rush the QB but it's possible Armstead turns out to be one of them next year. I hope they sign Edelman and grab another outside WR or pass catching TE but this thread was about the defense.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TKO, as you say the jury is still out. Be a little more patient and realistic. While I am not thrilled with some of the D performances since the re-building stage (2008 forward), which for practical purposes is enough time (how much time did SF or GB take to rebuild their D?), I am happy with what I'm seeing, which a much more involved and less arrogant BB.

As Pats fans, we are spoiled since Kraft took the reigns of team. Still, we are in every game and have decent possibilities every season, including this year. It's all about expectations.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team could possibly win two more Super Bowls with Brady if he stays at the top of his game a few more years and a little development of his teammates happens

fify

Even one more SB win is gonna be one grueling endeavor!

bunchofpixels

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team could possibly win two more Super Bowls with Brady if he stays at the top of his game a few more years and a little development of his teammates happens

fify

and the first 3 weren't?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

fify

Of course, but by easily I mean it is a realistic possibility for it to happen. A lot has to go right, but it can happen.