• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Reason #955 Mack Brown Should Be Fired

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Instead of worrying about MB, WT, since you are an Auburn fan, you might ought to consider the possible ratings of a&m vs. Auburn this Saturday, and how many millions are going to watch that.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, before I pass out from the stunning revelation.

A game played at 11am in its target audience slot of the state of Texas.(9am West Coast).

That game was not as big a rating success as an 8pm primetime slot????

How dare those guys in Washington state not get up at 8am and get prepared for the RRSO....

I always thought DAYTIME television was king.

Don't all the Fortune 500 advertisers spend all their money on the coveted 11am crowd??

Primetime television is stuck with paid programming for the Ab Blaster.

All the players understand that 11 am is where the ratings are......

To hell with primetime slots.....

The all important 11am timeslot is how you judge success.

okay......

FAILURE THREAD # 955

Time of Death 10:04pm EST.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Instead of worrying about MB, WT, since you are an Auburn fan, you might ought to consider the possible ratings of a&m vs. Auburn this Saturday, and how many millions are going to watch that.
If we win I hope we have Super Bowl numbers if we lose then I hope Andy Griffith reruns in China beat us.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, before I pass out from the stunning revelation.

A game played at 11am in its target audience slot of the state of Texas.(9am West Coast).

That game was not as big a rating success as an 8pm primetime slot????

How dare those guys in Washington state not get up at 8am and get prepared for the RRSO....

I always thought DAYTIME television was king.

Don't all the Fortune 500 advertisers spend all their money on the coveted 11am crowd??

Primetime television is stuck with paid programming for the Ab Blaster.

All the players understand that 11 am is where the ratings are......

To hell with primetime slots.....

The all important 11am timeslot is how you judge success.

okay......

FAILURE THREAD # 955

Time of Death 10:04pm EST.
I like the Ab Blaster line that's some good stuff.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got a Tweet that says "Auburn vs Texas A&M was the highest rated game this past weekend. Higher than the mega ACC showdown between FSU and Clemson."

Didn't report numbers and I can't find them so if anyone can then post them.

In the mean time I would like to point out that Texas A&M has been in the highest rated game three times this year already:

Alabama
Ole Miss
Auburn

Alabama and Auburn were both 3:30pm kicks so don't give me prime time excuses. Texas can say they don't care all they want but the Aggies are getting huge exposure in the SEC that you can't match right now and that is going to pay off in recruiting.

Scared yet?

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got a Tweet that says "Auburn vs Texas A&M was the highest rated game this past weekend. Higher than the mega ACC showdown between FSU and Clemson."

In the mean time I would like to point out that Texas A&M has been in the highest rated game three times this year already:

Alabama
Ole Miss
Auburn

Alabama and Auburn were both 3:30pm kicks so don't give me prime time excuses. Texas can say they don't care all they want but the Aggies are getting huge exposure in the SEC that you can't match right now and that is going to pay off in recruiting.

Scared yet?

Not even scared a little bit. Why? Because winning takes care of everything. It doesn't matter what conference you are in. Both Texas and ATM are losing and have no chance for a national championship. That's the main problem. The difference in recruiting won't be enough to matter overall. Please don't cherry pick one year. In my opinion, kids have lost confidence in The University of Texas football program and Mack Brown, not the Big 12.

If Texas continues to have 8-4 regular seasons and no chance for a National Championship or playoff position, and ATM starts to win all their games plays for a National Championship or playoff, then we have a problem. Turn that around, and Texas ATM will have a problem. I'm sorry, but you SEC guys blow this conference shit way out of proportion. Don't get me wrong, the SEC is a great conference, but kids want to go to Alabama because of their WINNING program, not because they are in SEC.

Cheers :suds:

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEC guys REALLY want Texas fans to be shaking in our boots.

I mean seriously.....we've seen this before. Before Mack Brown, Texas couldn't beat out Aggy for virtually ANY recruit.

If Texas is winning, it simply DOESN'T MATTER. There is MORE than enough talent in the state to support both programs. I don't get WHY you guys want us "worried" or scared. Do you guys know how many D1 players the state of Texas produces???

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Alabama
Ole Miss
Auburn

Scared yet?

Naw, not at all. Texas will always come back. Texas can be a monster, and it will again. Just a matter of time...

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Naw, not at all. Texas will always come back. Texas can be a monster, and it will again. Just a matter of time...
Yeah I guess your right I mean look at Nebraska you just can't keep these great programs down. What was I thinking!

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seem obsessed.

He really is.

Comparing Texas to Nebraska?

Nebraska has virtually no instate talent. Texas put over 300 kids into D1 programs.

The state can support upwards of 4 or 5 SUCCESSFUL, WINNING teams. Texas has nothing to fear, and neither do the fans. Sooner or later they'll rebound, and probably sooner than this guy expects. Texas will ALWAYS be able to recruit quality talent. The only real question is the coaching.

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He really is.

Comparing Texas to Nebraska?

Nebraska has virtually no instate talent. Texas put over 300 kids into D1 programs.

The state can support upwards of 4 or 5 SUCCESSFUL, WINNING teams. Texas has nothing to fear, and neither do the fans. Sooner or later they'll rebound, and probably sooner than this guy expects. Texas will ALWAYS be able to recruit quality talent. The only real question is the coaching.

Exactly. Which is why I don't know why y'all keep responding to this clown's obvious troll attempts.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Alabama
Ole Miss
Auburn

Scared yet?

2014 Rivals recruiting class ranking:

Texas #8
Aggy #10

2014 Scout.com recruiting class ranking:

Texas #4
Aggy #8

2014 ESPN recruiting class ranking:

Texas #7
Aggy #9

Also, Texas was #1 in all merchandise sales in the country last year. Yes, we're very scared:L

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Texas #8
Aggy #10

Texas #4
Aggy #8

Texas #7
Aggy #9

Also, Texas was #1 in all merchandise sales in the country last year. Yes, we're very scared:L
LMAO someone doesn't know how these recruiting sites work. Take another look Texas is holding a very small lead on aTm with 24 committed recruits (that means very little room for anyone else) while aTm currently has just 15 commitments so there is a TON of room to move up.

If you want to look at recruiting lets look at last years class:

Scout:

aTm - 6
Texas - 23

Rivals

aTm - 11
Texas - 21

Scared? Maybe you should be!

BTW: Nebraska has more national championships than Texas so saying you can't compare is ridiculous and extremely arrogant.

Also you guys do have money so congrats but that only makes you the world's greatest underachiever and worst investor in the history of CFB.

Rather Be Fishin'

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Texas #8
Aggy #10

Texas #4
Aggy #8

Texas #7
Aggy #9

From the looks of it, Texas shouldn't be scared at all. :clap:

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO someone doesn't know how these recruiting sites work. Take another look Texas is holding a very small lead on aTm with 24 committed recruits (that means very little room for anyone else) while aTm currently has just 15 commitments so there is a TON of room to move up.

Scout:

aTm - 6
Texas - 23

Rivals

aTm - 11
Texas - 21

BTW: Nebraska has more national championships than Texas so saying you can't compare is ridiculous and extremely arrogant.

Also you guys do have money so congrats but that only makes you the world's greatest underachiever and worst investor in the history of CFB.

Mack Brown only had 15 schollies to give out last year. Aggy needed to give over 30 schollies just to get close to the top 10. That was last year. According to you, Aggy is doing better on the recruiting trail and Texas should be scared. Just showed you what the recruiting rankings are and Texas isn't scared. You really do not understand that there is a wealth of Texas recruits to go around. The University of Texas will never hurt on the recruiting aspect. Also, recruits commit to schools who are winning, not b/c of the conference they play in. If Aggy becomes irrelevant after JF leaves, they won't be cracking the top 15 in recruiting for years.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Scout:

aTm - 6
Texas - 23

Rivals

aTm - 11
Texas - 21

SMH

Are you really this stupid or are you trying to convince us you are?

Show me a list of recruits you KNOW of that care about NCs won in the 90s. Show me all the Nebraska players still on the roster that won those titles. You can't.....BECAUSE IT"S IRRELEVANT FOOL

Nebraska does not produce a ton of instate talent. Texas produces enough to support multiple schools at a high level. If you can't figure this out, you may be dumber than a box of rocks.

I don't know what else to tell you. Its fairly obvious, but hey, keep banging that "you should be scared, terrified, mortified" drum there.......

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see Mack's teams have won 5 of the last 8 versus OU, which includes 2 sucky teams.
The suckiest Texas team in a long time beat Nebraska to continue a 6 game winning streak.
Mack's Longhorns have a 5-4 record versus the SEC.
... a 10-4 record versus the gaggies.
... a 7-4 record versus the PAC.
... a 4-1 record versus the Big Ten.

Yep. the Turkey is right he should be fired.

Last edited by a moderator:

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mack Brown only had 15 schollies to give out last year. Aggy needed to give over 30 schollies just to get close to the top 10. That was last year. According to you, Aggy is doing better on the recruiting trail and Texas should be scared. Just showed you what the recruiting rankings are and Texas isn't scared. You really do not understand that there is a wealth of Texas recruits to go around. The University of Texas will never hurt on the recruiting aspect. Also, recruits commit to schools who are winning, not b/c of the conference they play in. If Aggy becomes irrelevant after JF leaves, they won't be cracking the top 15 in recruiting for years.

Amazes me year after year, no one seems to look at the number of scholarships in any given year when ranking them.