• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Reason #955 Mack Brown Should Be Fired

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I guess your right I mean look at Nebraska you just can't keep these great programs down. What was I thinking!

Every great program has cycles of down years. Alabama was down for awhile (pre-Saban years, for example) USC(pre-PeteyCarroll years, for example) Nebraska (early Tom Osborn, and post TO years), Texas (pre-Mack Brown years), Oklahoma (post Wilkinson/Switzer pre-Stoops) Notre Dame, Ohio State, Michigan, etc.

Notice, no mention of Auburn in the list of great programs...:noidea:

Seriously, just don't understand your hard-on for ragging on Texas.

Last edited by a moderator:

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing personal.

Sometimes when I get trolled, I bite back.

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas A&M win or lose is great TV right now. Hell, you can count me in on those boosting their ratings. Manziel is a blast to watch play football. There isn't anybody on Oklahoma or Texas roster with that kind of appeal at the moment. I don't blame the country for tuning into A&M games. Despite the pretty boring teams Oklahoma and Texas have this year they still pulled a decent rating for an 11 AM game that was supposed to be a blowout. I don't know if you noticed or not, Auburn is pretty good this year. Maybe a little posting and attention on your team would do you some good instead of obsessing about Texas. Just a thought...

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely. I watch Manziel every chance I get. One of those rare athletes that rarely come along.

Auburn is pretty good this year. Only saw them once this season, against a&m. If I was an Auburn fan, I'd be singing their praises, not dogging teams they don't even play.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing personal.

Sometimes when I get trolled, I bite back.
I don't take any of this personally so no worries but I appreciate the sentiment (and if that comes across as insincere it is not supposed to).

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely. I watch Manziel every chance I get. One of those rare athletes that rarely come along.

Auburn is pretty good this year. Only saw them once this season, against a&m. If I was an Auburn fan, I'd be singing their praises, not dogging teams they don't even play.
Auburn is still rebuilding, very pleased with them, they are headed in the right direction but I'm fine with letting the season run it's course and not putting the horse before the cart. Humility is a very wise virtue when dealing with college football.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mack Brown only had 15 schollies to give out last year. Aggy needed to give over 30 schollies just to get close to the top 10. That was last year. According to you, Aggy is doing better on the recruiting trail and Texas should be scared. Just showed you what the recruiting rankings are and Texas isn't scared. You really do not understand that there is a wealth of Texas recruits to go around. The University of Texas will never hurt on the recruiting aspect. Also, recruits commit to schools who are winning, not b/c of the conference they play in. If Aggy becomes irrelevant after JF leaves, they won't be cracking the top 15 in recruiting for years.
Good job the best Texas post yet and he is correct on several items.

aTm most likely will be hurting with out JF unless they can find lightning in a bottle twice just ask a Urban Meyer he moves programs every time his stud QB graduates. To be successful you have to build a system and that is Texas' problem they lost their direction on who they were.

I disagree about conferences and recruits because I think exposure is a huge draw for them and that goes back to the original post that ratings do matter in that regard.

As for Texas will always get the recruits on one hand I would agree but the results on the field are very mixed. Bad coaching can negate talent if you don't believe that look at Auburn last year and Georgia is practically the poster child. It's a criminal offense that Ga only has one two national championships one in 1942 and 1980 which was 33 years ago.

Keep Mac he really is a great guy but then again so is Mark Richt.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good job the best Texas post yet and he is correct on several items.

aTm most likely will be hurting with out JF unless they can find lightning in a bottle twice just ask a Urban Meyer he moves programs every time his stud QB graduates. To be successful you have to build a system and that is Texas' problem they lost their direction on who they were.

I disagree about conferences and recruits because I think exposure is a huge draw for them and that goes back to the original post that ratings do matter in that regard.

As for Texas will always get the recruits on one hand I would agree but the results on the field are very mixed. Bad coaching can negate talent if you don't believe that look at Auburn last year and Georgia is practically the poster child. It's a criminal offense that Ga only has one two national championships one in 1942 and 1980 which was 33 years ago.

Keep Mac he really is a great guy but then again so is Mark Richt.

Now you are getting it. THIS is the only point I've been trying to make. Texas as a state has PLENTY of talent, regardless of exposure. It's not like recruits don't know who the Longhorns are regardless of ratings.

They get the talent they mostly want. Now whether that talent gets properly coached is another story altogether. And I am the CAPTAIN of the fire Mack ship.....we set sail 3 years ago, chief.