• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Really desean jackson

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In two games against the Giants last year he totaled 4 catches/24 yards/1 FD/0 TDs,. while being targeted 12 times with a 9 yard catch being his longest gain.

Whereas against Philly in two games he had 9 catches/243 yards/27.0 ypc/7 FDs/1 TD, and should've had another TD for sure and probably 2 more TDs. If Griff is more accurate in game 2. As well as 3 catches for 50+ yards and one catch of 80+ yards on 16 targets.

He can be a beast one Sunday and just as easily get completely lost in the witness protection program the following Sunday. He needs to add some consistency to his game.

And more than anybody else doing it, Jackson needs to find a way to get a handle on himself imo.

WRs just aren't that consistent in general. Go look at Graham's game by game numbers (Yes he was a WR for the Saints and I bring him up because I already did the study previously). There are other players on the offense so he shouldn't have to do it every single week. That's unrealistic to expect. The number of games he changes in a year is on par with the other top WRs in the game.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
even if he burns u he might drop the ball before he enters the end zone

Really incredible that he did the same thing more than once. But he's a diva WR. You deal with it. The Eagles scored anyway.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really....I woulda thought you could see the huge difference between the two.
Guess not

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought that Dez has sometimes been selfish and butted heads with teammates and coaches.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait so if I watch a highlight tape, I'll see good things?

Was simply trying to provide visuals on the things that were being discussed here - nothing more. Sorry for trying to clarify things.:L If you read my post you will see that I also pointed out his shortcomings.

Last edited:

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
even if he burns u he might drop the ball before he enters the end zone

Since I was bored & nothing else was on - I watched that D. Jackson show yesterday. The concept is kind of tired & this show probably won't last long. However - it did provide some insight into D. Jackson's life. It certainly appears that he still has some of immaturity issues (as do lots of folks regardless of age & especially if they have money & power).

However - it appears that he has a solid family that just might eventually keep him somewhat grounded. It also appears that he is happy with the Redskins & realizes that he cannot do stupid things & alienate his teammates like he might have done in Philly since this is his bread & butter & he won't get countless chances. Regardless of some of the behavior he appears pretty intelligent & very religious.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well - DJax just hurt his shoulder in training camp - more details to come - hopefully not that bad. This is always a concern with him.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like separated shoulder. Good chance he misses the rest of camp and depending on the severity could miss some time heading into the season.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like separated shoulder. Good chance he misses the rest of camp and depending on the severity could miss some time heading into the season.
see , karma

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All reports on the web seem to indicate that he will be out a few weeks. Not sure where you are getting this "rest of camp" or longer info.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All reports on the web seem to indicate that he will be out a few weeks. Not sure where you are getting this "rest of camp" or longer info.

Well a few weeks is pretty much most of the rest of camp right? Where I am getting that from is just my own experience with shoulder issues. I have had it badly dislocated and it took months to get right and still feels loose years later. That is why I was saying it all depends on the severity of what happened. It doesn't sound all that severe though if he is only missing a few weeks.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No worries - my bad (although I wonder w/ some folks in this place - not you). Go Steelers.
literally this whole thread is not jabbing at you, its a time killer, of my boredom.....

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well a few weeks is pretty much most of the rest of camp right? Where I am getting that from is just my own experience with shoulder issues. I have had it badly dislocated and it took months to get right and still feels loose years later. That is why I was saying it all depends on the severity of what happened. It doesn't sound all that severe though if he is only missing a few weeks.

Fair enough - we will see & you certainly can't always believe everything you hear from teams (and unfortunately injury situations can change on a daily basis). Certainly Jackson really has no reason to play in any preseason games.