• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Really desean jackson

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta get used to all these new features.

Jackson did alright against the Hawks secondary last year with 5 catches/157 yards/31.4 ypc/3 FDs/2 catches of 50+ yards and a TD. That was when Kirk Cousins was QBing and I believe Cuz was the QB that probably benefited Jax most last year though not be a whole lot.

Lotta on point stuff, both pro n con, has been said about Djax in this thread. By the numbers he was the NFL's most consistent and best big play WR last year. I think he has the physical skills to do it on a year in, year out basis as well. And it was done with 3 different QBs, one of whom, Colt McCoy, flat out didn't have the arm to hook up with Jax's speed on a consistent basis. Djax should've had a 91yd TD on MNF against the Boys in week 9 I believe it was, but Colt couldn't put it out there. And another, Griffin, who probably left anywhere from 4 to 6 TDs on the field due to balls Djaax had to adjust to/wait on or were overthrown. He also ran into a OL in the Ari game, that was Djax's fault, about 40 yards downfield after catching a short pass which should've been a TD as well,

I guess I'm in the minority as I think Djax definitely has #1 WR talent, but due to what's been said was his own reluctance to run certain patterns due to his size. As well as a lack of imagination on Gruden's part last year and he's relegated pretty much to s limited number of patterns he runs. I don't think he needs to catch the ball 40+ yards downfield to be most effective. I'd like to see the Skins just try and get him the ball in space 10-12 yards downfield.

SteelersPride also has valid points though imo. While his ypc has been impressive for much of his career. His yearly rec total has never been all that. It was good his last year in Philly, 82 rec, but that's not great on its own merit alone. His yardage and TD totals aren't all that eye opening either for his career. And while I think a lotta that gangbangin shit that was spoken on during his exit from Philly was just that, bullshit. He is just enough of a hard-head, with clear diva issues, and an attitude that's off-putting to enough teammates to be his own worst enemy far as taking his game to the next level or even a consistent level really. He had 4 games last year with 2 catches or less and 7 games with 3 catches or less. Now I'm not saying that lack of production was all Jackson's fault, the Skins had some shoddy ass QBing last year, but if a guy is the game's best deep threat, and/or a top tier #2 WR. He should be putting up better numbers than 15 catches/330 yards/9 FDs/2 TDs in almost 44% of the total games played in a season imo,

As it stands, I see Djax with the Skins for 3 seasons before wearing out his welcome in some way and plays a decent role in him heading on to his next team. I wouldn't mind being wrong though because he's clearly shown he has he goods to be a baller. I'd certainly enjoy it if it were to click for him and he gets it.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta get used to all these new features.

Jackson did alright against the Hawks secondary last year with 5 catches/157 yards/31.4 ypc/3 FDs/2 catches of 50+ yards and a TD. That was when Kirk Cousins was QBing and I believe Cuz was the QB that probably benefited Jax most last year though not be a whole lot.

Lotta on point stuff, both pro n con, has been said about Djax in this thread. By the numbers he was the NFL's most consistent and best big play WR last year. I think he has the physical skills to do it on a year in, year out basis as well. And it was done with 3 different QBs, one of whom, Colt McCoy, flat out didn't have the arm to hook up with Jax's speed on a consistent basis. Djax should've had a 91yd TD on MNF against the Boys in week 9 I believe it was, but Colt couldn't put it out there. And another, Griffin, who probably left anywhere from 4 to 6 TDs on the field due to balls Djaax had to adjust to/wait on or were overthrown. He also ran into a OL in the Ari game, that was Djax's fault, about 40 yards downfield after catching a short pass which should've been a TD as well,

I guess I'm in the minority as I think Djax definitely has #1 WR talent, but due to what's been said was his own reluctance to run certain patterns due to his size. As well as a lack of imagination on Gruden's part last year and he's relegated pretty much to s limited number of patterns he runs. I don't think he needs to catch the ball 40+ yards downfield to be most effective. I'd like to see the Skins just try and get him the ball in space 10-12 yards downfield.

SteelersPride also has valid points though imo. While his ypc has been impressive for much of his career. His yearly rec total has never been all that. It was good his last year in Philly, 82 rec, but that's not great on its own merit alone. His yardage and TD totals aren't all that eye opening either for his career. And while I think a lotta that gangbangin shit that was spoken on during his exit from Philly was just that, bullshit. He is just enough of a hard-head, with clear diva issues, and an attitude that's off-putting to enough teammates to be his own worst enemy far as taking his game to the next level or even a consistent level really. He had 4 games last year with 2 catches or less and 7 games with 3 catches or less. Now I'm not saying that lack of production was all Jackson's fault, the Skins had some shoddy ass QBing last year, but if a guy is the game's best deep threat, and/or a top tier #2 WR. He should be putting up better numbers than 15 catches/330 yards/9 FDs/2 TDs in almost 44% of the total games played in a season imo,

As it stands, I see Djax with the Skins for 3 seasons before wearing out his welcome in some way and plays a decent role in him heading on to his next team. I wouldn't mind being wrong though because he's clearly shown he has he goods to be a baller. I'd certainly enjoy it if it were to click for him and he gets it.

now theres a good post

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one can. Dude can flat out fly. He had 13 catches of over 40 yards last year and that was 5 more than anyone else! That's ridiculous. And he played with crap at QB. I wish Chip could have figured out a way to handle him.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lotta stuff said in here, both pro and con, far as Djax goes, that's on point imo. He does have the ability and has shown enough at least imo, that he could be the best deep threat in the game. He can also be very dangerous on behind the LOS screens and the like. The problem though is he's a freakin knucklehead who's biggest attribute is

Agree. Unfortunately - in a lot of cases this is part of the package of being an NFL WR. Don't get me wrong - some WRs are classy guys who are also talented. However - as we all know - there are & have been lots of WRs who have loads of talent but also run their mouths & have other issues - it is just part of the makeup of lots of guys & you have to accept it to a degree assuming that it doesn't also involve illegal activities.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Certainly fleshed out far more than simply deriding Jackson for saying that no CB can cover him!

You know that for the most part statements (like the one from Jackson) or related actions will receive different reactions predominately based on which fanbase is reacting. I know that I honestly would have reacted differently to these statements a few years ago when Jackson was a Eagle. Most Redskins fans probably either don't mind the statement or at least accept it & don't see it as a major flaw for Jackson.

Oh well - this is all part of being a fan & makes the games for the upcoming season that much more fun to watch.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well its the point hes been in the league 7 years, if his opinion of himself was true, it would of shown by now

Doesn't matter if it's shown or not, you have to tell yourself that you are the best. That's part of being confident.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Telling yourself and telling everyone else r two very different things

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Telling yourself and telling everyone else r two very different things

In this era probably not unless you literally mean "telling yourself". If any of these players say something in the locker room, in a public setting or even in private & even if it is just said one time it will likely make its way out to the media. Oh well - I am sure that Jackson & other similar players don't lose any sleep over any of this & it is simply part of their makeup and preparation.

Also - I don't see why Jackson cannot beat just about any CB on a given day. It doesn't mean it will happen all of the time or that he is a complete WR. It simply means that he believes that he can beat any CB down the field for a long gain or TD which he can in the NFL. I am not expecting this to happen on a weekly basis - just that he stays healthy & accomplishes this enough times during the season to help the Redskins. Again - he is far from their biggest issue at this time.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one can. Dude can flat out fly. He had 13 catches of over 40 yards last year and that was 5 more than anyone else! That's ridiculous. And he played with crap at QB. I wish Chip could have figured out a way to handle him.

In two games against the Giants last year he totaled 4 catches/24 yards/1 FD/0 TDs,. while being targeted 12 times with a 9 yard catch being his longest gain.

Whereas against Philly in two games he had 9 catches/243 yards/27.0 ypc/7 FDs/1 TD, and should've had another TD for sure and probably 2 more TDs. If Griff is more accurate in game 2. As well as 3 catches for 50+ yards and one catch of 80+ yards on 16 targets.

He can be a beast one Sunday and just as easily get completely lost in the witness protection program the following Sunday. He needs to add some consistency to his game.

And more than anybody else doing it, Jackson needs to find a way to get a handle on himself imo.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Take a look at these highlights from last season if you want to see why this guy is one of the best threats in the NFL. He has everything needed to be a home run threat - speed, hands, toughness & awareness. Granted - he is not a threat as a blocker & perhaps as a possession receiver & also is always at risk for injury due to his size. However - he basically does what is expected of him.

You will notice on the video that he beat several elite CBs including Sherman. He also would likely have had better stats if some of the balls were better thrown - who knows & hopefully more consistent QB play is in his future.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy can fly, has talent playing a position where there is talent galore league wide.
crazy or not...still glad this guy plays in the east and not in Dallas. I understand being stuck with a guy that makes plays and still think in the long run, the bad outweighs the good when it's all said and done. These type guys don't stay happy long when losing and if their stats ain't upper echelon. They begin to wear on their teammates.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy can fly, has talent playing a position where there is talent galore league wide.
crazy or not...still glad this guy plays in the east and not in Dallas. I understand being stuck with a guy that makes plays and still think in the long run, the bad outweighs the good when it's all said and done. These type guys don't stay happy long when losing and if their stats ain't upper echelon. They begin to wear on their teammates.

Not sure about that. I think a lot of these ex-Eagles were given a wake up call & are eager to please their new teammates. Granted - Jackson & others will probably always talk & brag a lot (& I don't think that type of stuff bothers their teammates if they can back it up). The bigger concern would be their relationship with their teammates & how they do in the locker room.

You may be correct about the losing but guess what? Lots of guys on that team won't be happy if the Redskins at least don't show signs of improvement & their fanbase will be right there with them (or actually nowhere to be found). The expectation is that new GM SM will turn this team around at least to the pt of showing signs of being competitive in the near future. Thus far Jackson has been a model citizen in terms of getting along w/ teammates - time will tell but I think that the jury is still out on this one.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure about that. I think a lot of these ex-Eagles were given a wake up call & are eager to please their new teammates. Granted - Jackson & others will probably always talk & brag a lot (& I don't think that type of stuff bothers their teammates if they can back it up). The bigger concern would be their relationship with their teammates & how they do in the locker room.

You may be correct about the losing but guess what? Lots of guys on that team won't be happy if the Redskins at least don't show signs of improvement & their fanbase will be right there with them (or actually nowhere to be found). The expectation is that new GM SM will turn this team around at least to the pt of showing signs of being competitive in the near future. Thus far Jackson has been a model citizen in terms of getting along w/ teammates - time will tell but I think that the jury is still out on this one.
I understand the hope of all redskin nation resides on the shoulders of your new GM.
Time will tell that tale too.
:suds:

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm glad you posted that vid SoCal. And despite what I said, which I stand by, throughout his career Jax has been the best big play, 50+ yards, TD maker in the NFL. And along with the attributes you mentioned. He's damn good at adjusting to a pass.

I also somewhat disagree about him not being a threat as a possession WR. Those TDs against Ari and Dallas in their 2nd game. Are excellent examples of the potential he has far as turning a 10 yard pass or a behind the LOS pass into a long TD catch n run.

I can't front though. I was shocked a little on that play against Minny, 1st highlight shown playing against the Vikes, where the safety brought him down.

And I still maintain that if he can get and keep his head together. Or if someone else helps him in that way and he stays relatively healthy. He could string together a nice run of 80-90 catch seasons at 19, 20 yards a pop and 15/16, maybe more TDs.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the hope of all redskin nation resides on the shoulders of your new GM.

I'm trying to maintain my objectivity, but I can't front. It does feel good to see or read that the Skins signed a player to a reasonable deal, have laid out expectations to said player, and not have known for the last week or two that the Skins were going after him all along.

l

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm trying to maintain my objectivity, but I can't front. It does feel good to see or read that the Skins signed a player to a reasonable deal, have laid out expectations to said player, and not have known for the last week or two that the Skins were going after him all along.

l

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If I didn't know that you refer to Jackson, I might have thought you described Dez. :noidea:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Take a look at these highlights from last season if you want to see why this guy is one of the best threats in the NFL. He has everything needed to be a home run threat - speed, hands, toughness & awareness. Granted - he is not a threat as a blocker & perhaps as a possession receiver & also is always at risk for injury due to his size. However - he basically does what is expected of him.

You will notice on the video that he beat several elite CBs including Sherman. He also would likely have had better stats if some of the balls were better thrown - who knows & hopefully more consistent QB play is in his future.
Wait so if I watch a highlight tape, I'll see good things?

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
even if he burns u he might drop the ball before he enters the end zone