• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Realistic trade scenarios for Alex Smith

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not realistic, but found it. In the Dallas Morning News, but just answered by a guy for all I know who could be their version of Cohn. And there's no indication that he knows what he's talking about because he says multiple picks wouldn't be good, when everyone knows there won't be multiple picks involved unless they are low. Plus, he didn't say if this was to start over Romo or to compete/backup. They won't trade to pay him as a backup.

Sherrington: I wouldn't rule out Cowboys trading for 49ers QB Smith | Dallas Cowboys News

Last edited by a moderator:

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OF MY CRAP THAT WOULD BE A DREAM COME TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My football buddy's a diehard Cowboys fan who always used to trash Alex. I wouldn't know what to do with myself.

It would be sort of perfect, as long as he always lost to us. :)

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peter King is silly. He says that the Browns could pry Flacco away from Baltimore if they're not careful and Smith would be traded for by the Ravens. I understand that Flacco was in the same category as Smith was prior to this postseason (carried by the defense, question marks, etc., not comparing physicals), but that doesn't make them that similar. I do think if Flacco did leave or get injured greatly in a skiing accident, Smith would be considered, but don't think it's a move the Ravens would make. If it happened, it would be another similarity between Harbaugh and the Ravens.

Ravens, Flacco meeting this week to start hammering out a new contract

God.. Peter King is such a tool.. He just hates on players not in GB or NY or named Brady or Manning. He picked against us every single time this postseason if I am not mistaken.

Gotta love the offseason (not as much as the season, though)... People are joining in...

NFL Rumors: Joe Flacco to Cleveland Browns? Ravens Really Releasing Champion QB?

Baltimore Ravens Trade Rumors: Alex Smith QB Candidate if Flacco Leaves?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fernando Stepensky: What's Next for Alex Smith?

If the 49ers were the one to release the rumor that they'd release Smith out of respect if they can't trade him, it would seem that this would be strategic in case that they aren't able to trade him - saying it was out of respect, not because of inability to trade for good picks. It would help the impression of Smith and make the Niners look like they are considerate.

But the chances of getting nothing is remote, IMO. It isn't whether people think we'll keep him, it's if one team expresses interest, than another may. Only if no one says anything substantive that it would go without a trade, it seems. I think the Niners look considerate now from those early reports - though I don't believe them.

Or more likely, someone just made something up or it was the agents way of putting pressure on the Niners to respond early in comments.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Vick's Deal Means Alex Smith Controls the Market - FanSided - Sports News - An Independent Sports Network

Title is self-explanatory, but if you want to read it, there it is. Don't know the source, but this is just opinion anyway.

Rutigliano: Browns should land Alex Smith for competition - The Review

If Cleveland trades for Alex, it'll be to start, not for competition, though I think they'll make it sound like one. This writer says basically that the fact that Chud has no NFL head coaching experience should scare anyone away. After all, Lombardi didn't have any head coaching experience before his first year as a head coach. :doh:

I don't want Alex to go to the Browns, though I could maybe be talked into it. The Browns seem to be perpetually nowhere, whereas the Cheifs sometimes do some things. I trust Andy Reid more than Chudinski, even with Turner there. I know that their oline is better and they have a runner, but the Cheifs have some talent, too. Reid isn't the best, but he's something. (I don't know Chud well.) But the icing on the cake, to me, is that if they get Smith, it'll be Turner's call, not their personell guy. Mike Lombardi is their personell guy and he wasn't high on Smith before 2011 and I think after his failed attempt to become GM here questionned Harbaugh for going with Smith, or maybe I'm misremembering. I just think that Lombardi would be trying to replace Smith before he got there. I think the Cheifs would wait at least until Smith arrived. ;)

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the browns get flacco that is huge for us. i could see the ravens and another team go after smith. maybe the chiefs.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the browns get flacco that is huge for us. i could see the ravens and another team go after smith. maybe the chiefs.

That would be ideal for me because then Smith can't lose. I mean he could go into a good position and fail, but he'd be going into as good of a position as one could hope for and we'd get a good pick to a team outside of our conference. I think with Lewis and Flacco gone, I wouldn't hesitate to trade with the Ravens. The likelihood of Smith leading them there seems remote enough that we shouldn't pass up a good pick (not that we would do that anyway).

I think Flacco will be franchised and then signed like Brees was or just exclusive tag. He should get less and getting maximum would hurt their team, but what do I care?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Vick's Deal Means Alex Smith Controls the Market - FanSided - Sports News - An Independent Sports Network

Title is self-explanatory, but if you want to read it, there it is. Don't know the source, but this is just opinion anyway.

Rutigliano: Browns should land Alex Smith for competition - The Review

If Cleveland trades for Alex, it'll be to start, not for competition, though I think they'll make it sound like one. This writer says basically that the fact that Chud has no NFL head coaching experience should scare anyone away. After all, Lombardi didn't have any head coaching experience before his first year as a head coach. :doh:

I don't want Alex to go to the Browns, though I could maybe be talked into it. The Browns seem to be perpetually nowhere, whereas the Cheifs sometimes do some things. I trust Andy Reid more than Chudinski, even with Turner there. I know that their oline is better and they have a runner, but the Cheifs have some talent, too. Reid isn't the best, but he's something. (I don't know Chud well.) But the icing on the cake, to me, is that if they get Smith, it'll be Turner's call, not their personell guy. Mike Lombardi is their personell guy and he wasn't high on Smith before 2011 and I think after his failed attempt to become GM here questionned Harbaugh for going with Smith, or maybe I'm misremembering. I just think that Lombardi would be trying to replace Smith before he got there. I think the Cheifs would wait at least until Smith arrived. ;)

Chiefs

Damn, I can't spell. I have no idea how I misspelled that soooo many times. I think it was more typing than spelling, but that many times. I should have stuck to Alex Smith. Alex Smith. Alex Smith. Alex Smith. Alex Smith. Alex Smith. Alex Smith. Alex Smith. I don't misspell that.

:doh:

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be ideal for me because then Smith can't lose. I mean he could go into a good position and fail, but he'd be going into as good of a position as one could hope for and we'd get a good pick to a team outside of our conference. I think with Lewis and Flacco gone, I wouldn't hesitate to trade with the Ravens. The likelihood of Smith leading them there seems remote enough that we shouldn't pass up a good pick (not that we would do that anyway).

I think Flacco will be franchised and then signed like Brees was or just exclusive tag. He should get less and getting maximum would hurt their team, but what do I care?

my primary concern is how many draft picks we can get for smith. but when it comes to the ravens they might think that it's better to go with another qb instead of paying flacco brees money.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported on NFL Live Wednesday that the trade market for Alex Smith is "limited," and there is "not a large buzz" about Smith among quarterback-needy teams.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported on NFL Live Wednesday that the trade market for Alex Smith is "limited," and there is "not a large buzz" about Smith among quarterback-needy teams.

Come on, Dogg, why'd you got a put the buzz-kill on us. To those wanting us to get a good draft pick and to those who want Alex to be traded for more than he's worth. Retract!

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suck at embedding things in posts, but not spelling. :)

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on, Dogg, why'd you got a put the buzz-kill on us. To those wanting us to get a good draft pick and to those who want Alex to be traded for more than he's worth. Retract!

:) somebody needed to drop some realness back in this

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:) somebody needed to drop some realness back in this

Why did it have to be you? I like you. Couldn't it have been... I won't say, but why not someone else? And couldn't it have been Jason La Canfora or Jamie Dukes and not Mortensen? I respect Mort.

Last edited by a moderator: