• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Realistic goals for your team this season?

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep the ball out of the reining SEC Offensive POY? Jesus :L

I saw him just hand away another natty.

Missing throws than even UConn QBs could hit.

And no one knows bad QB play like UConn.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw him just hand away another natty.

Missing throws than even UConn QBs could hit.

And no one knows bad QB play like UConn.

And you missed his great run with less than 2 minutes that scored the go ahead TD? Or did you miss the fact that our star RB had already broken our leg and thus Clemson was forcing us to throw, yes, the same Clemson that had, and still has, an elite defense.

He was the offensive POY (In the SEC), finished 7th in Heisman race, QB Rating of 117, 23 TD to 9 INT, and again, he was a freshman.

I swear I do not understand the Jalen hate. The kid was elite.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you missed his great run with less than 2 minutes that scored the go ahead TD? Or did you miss the fact that our star RB had already broken our leg and thus Clemson was forcing us to throw, yes, the same Clemson that had, and still has, an elite defense.

He was the offensive POY (In the SEC), finished 7th in Heisman race, QB Rating of 117, 23 TD to 9 INT, and again, he was a freshman.

I swear I do not understand the Jalen hate. The kid was elite.

Probably because he was awful when it mattered most.

I thought the other RB did quite well. He had a wiggle that helped him get extra yards once Clemson really just sold out to stop the run that even Bo wasn't getting.

No question, that was a GREAT run. Great play. Unfortunately he did it too early.

But your best looking pass was from a WR....and he left a good 28 points on the board on those deep balls he missed...by 10 yards.

and the kid looks scared to run most of the night. He'd roll right, have an easy 10-15 yards to run and then would throw up some shitty pass, throw it away, and I think he ran OOB once or twice as well.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably because he was awful when it mattered most.

I thought the other RB did quite well. He had a wiggle that helped him get extra yards once Clemson really just sold out to stop the run that even Bo wasn't getting.

No question, that was a GREAT run. Great play. Unfortunately he did it too early.

But your best looking pass was from a WR....and he left a good 28 points on the board on those deep balls he missed...by 10 yards.

and the kid looks scared to run most of the night. He'd roll right, have an easy 10-15 yards to run and then would throw up some shitty pass, throw it away, and I think he ran OOB once or twice as well.

It is an odd thing when we are judging how an 18 year might not have had his best game in the National Championship. He definitely needs to work on deep and intermediate balls. But the kid wins. Bama would have never made it there with Blake or Cooper as QB.

He didn't score too early either. He did his job, and if you would have said Clemson has the ball, down by 3, less than 2 minutes to go, and the Tigers have to drive down the field, I'd take it all day. The fact that our studs on defense didn't make a play and got torched is what lost the game, not the guy who actually scored.

What's crazy is the if the pick play hadn't worked, and Bama were celebrating another NC, people would be all over Jalen. However, since we lost by giving up 35 points, people take it out on him.

Logic is lost.

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UConn: win a game. Just one game.

They face Holy Cross, it's like their only shot.

Hang in there. I supported UConn when I was stationed in Groton, CT. A couple of buds and myself went to Storrs(sp?) for a game once. The restraining orders may have even expired by now.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is an odd thing when we are judging how an 18 year might not have had his best game in the National Championship. He definitely needs to work on deep and intermediate balls. But the kid wins. Bama would have never made it there with Blake or Cooper as QB.

He didn't score too early either. He did his job, and if you would have said Clemson has the ball, down by 3, less than 2 minutes to go, and the Tigers have to drive down the field, I'd take it all day. The fact that our studs on defense didn't make a play and got torched is what lost the game, not the guy who actually scored.

What's crazy is the if the pick play hadn't worked, and Bama were celebrating another NC, people would be all over Jalen. However, since we lost by giving up 35 points, people take it out on him.

Logic is lost.

I think they would've said they won despite him and his efforts. He looks scared to be on the field until that TD run.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hang in there. I supported UConn when I was stationed in Groton, CT. A couple of buds and myself went to Storrs(sp?) for a game once. The restraining orders may have even expired by now.

I gotta be honest, getting to watch UConn play in a BCS bowl less than 10 years after transitioning to D1....i'm pretty good lol

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta be honest, getting to watch UConn play in a BCS bowl less than 10 years after transitioning to D1....i'm pretty good lol

I always have tried to support or at least have empathy for the local schools. TBH, In my 2 decades here I have had more empathy for Tennessee than I needed for UConn back in the day. At least UConn had basketball season to look forward to. UT had Coach Kiffen drop them like third period French. Just damn!!!!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had those same sanctions and that same Lane Kiffin the year before when they finished in the top 5 that got them the preseason number 1 ranking.

That previous season was his 2nd at USC. USC had been fortunate that most of the players they had recruited prior to the sanctions chose to stay. The full weight of the sanctions didn't start being felt until year 3. Also, prior to that season, Kiffin had done a good job of keeping his mouth shut and just coaching his team. I've always said that when he does that, he's a good coach.

When they got that #1 ranking he got full of himself and started acting a fool. First he picked a fight/tried to make an example of the wrong reporter over some bullshit and it went downhill from there.

Not so sure about being favorites to make the playoffs on paper. They've never won a Pac 12 title, and Washington has the better coach and has been there before, plus USC has to contend with Oklahoma for a playoff spot too. SEC, ACC and B1G champs are locks IMO.

This year, several of the "experts" are picking them to make the playoffs. Seems to be a split between them and Washington. What does never having won a PAC-12 title have to do with this season? Washington hadn't won a PAC-12 title before last season either.

As for the better coach...Petersen has the better reputation, but then, this is Helton's first head coaching job. I do know that Helton is 1-0 vs. Petersen.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That previous season was his 2nd at USC. USC had been fortunate that most of the players they had recruited prior to the sanctions chose to stay. The full weight of the sanctions didn't start being felt until year 3. Also, prior to that season, Kiffin had done a good job of keeping his mouth shut and just coaching his team. I've always said that when he does that, he's a good coach.

When they got that #1 ranking he got full of himself and started acting a fool. First he picked a fight/tried to make an example of the wrong reporter over some bullshit and it went downhill from there.

This year, several of the "experts" are picking them to make the playoffs. Seems to be a split between them and Washington. What does never having won a PAC-12 title have to do with this season? Washington hadn't won a PAC-12 title before last season either.

As for the better coach...Petersen has the better reputation, but then, this is Helton's first head coaching job. I do know that Helton is 1-0 vs. Petersen.

Peterson has a track record of success, Helton has had one good 3/4 of a season. Denying that Petersen is a better coach is like those people that tried to claim Harbaugh is better than Dabo.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peterson has a track record of success, Helton has had one good 3/4 of a season. Denying that Petersen is a better coach is like those people that tried to claim Harbaugh is better than Dabo.

Again, Helton is in his first head coaching job. Petersen isn't. So of course Petersen has a track record that Helton doesn't.

USC looked like they were pretty well coached vs. Washington.

Seriously though, if I had to choose between the 2 right now...I'd pick Petersen. 5 or so years from now, it might be a different story.

So far, I really don't have much complaint about Helton other than I think he waited too long to switch to Darnold. I understand why he started Browne in the first place. But I think he should have switched to Darnold sooner.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sold on USC just yet. Last time they had this much preseason hype, they finished 7-6.

Everyone says that but since 2004 USC has been ranked pre season top 5 five times and four times finished in the top 5 that season.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone says that but since 2004 USC has been ranked pre season top 5 five times and four times finished in the top 5 that season.

And since 2001, Georgia has finished the season ranked higher than they were before the season started than vice versa, but it's hard to shake certain notions about certain teams.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And since 2001, Georgia has finished the season ranked higher than they were before the season started than vice versa, but it's hard to shake certain notions about certain teams.

And what hell does that have to do with USC?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be dense.

We were discussing USCs pre season ranking. I don't recall saying anything about Georgia but since you brought it up didn't Georgia start last season ranked like 16th and end up unranked?
How does that fit into your since 2001 thing? I just looked up one season to find out your statement is wrong.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were discussing USCs pre season ranking. I don't recall saying anything about Georgia but since you brought it up didn't Georgia start last season ranked like 16th and end up unranked?
How does that fit into your since 2001 thing? I just looked up one season to find out your statement is wrong.

I didn't say every year.

But I was wrong, after last season, Georgia finished ranked higher than they started 8 times, lower than they started 8 times, so it's back to even now.

And I brought up Georgia because Georgia and USC have a lot of the same notions about starting the season ranked too high here in recent years. A comparison that a less dense person would have picked up on immediately.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say every year.

But I was wrong, after last season, Georgia finished ranked higher than they started 8 times, lower than they started 8 times, so it's back to even now.

And I brought up Georgia because Georgia and USC have a lot of the same notions about starting the season ranked too high here in recent years. A comparison that a less dense person would have picked up on immediately.

Seriously? LOL. You're the one who said you're not sold on USC because last time they were ranked high they finished 7-6.
I pointed out that USC has been ranked pre season five times since 2004 and finished in the top five, four of those time times.
Then you write that since 2001 Georgia has finished higher than originally ranked. Mind you I never brought up Georgia at all.
So I just looked up last year and saw you're wrong and from what you're saying now it's totally wrong.
But you have the balls to say a less dense person? LOL

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously? LOL. You're the one who said you're not sold on USC because last time they were ranked high they finished 7-6.
I pointed out that USC has been ranked pre season five times since 2004 and finished in the top five, four of those time times.
Then you write that since 2001 Georgia has finished higher than originally ranked. Mind you I never brought up Georgia at all.
So I just looked up last year and saw you're wrong and from what you're saying now it's totally wrong.
But you have the balls to say a less dense person? LOL

I'm still saying it because what I was saying is so God damn simple, but for some reason it's still confusing to you.

So, yes you are extremely dense.