• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ray Rice super thread.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
their coach could bench him ...harbaugh has an 8pm presser tonight according to espn radio

Bench him is about all though as they're bound by the NFL's ruling too...Idt they could cut him over this...or can they?

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bench him is about all though as they're bound by the NFL's ruling too...Idt they could cut him over this...or can they?

A move to release him would affect other players (due to cap ramifications). I don't want another player affected by Rice's actions. I would be perfectly happy with them making him inactive each and every week and then parting ways with him after the season.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty sure they don't need a reason to cut him. I could be wrong. Of course they'd have to pay him whatever his contract calls for.

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, the bigger story is how the hell did he not get charged with an actual crime? Instead of the slap on the wrist he got from the prosecutors office.

I don't think his wife was willing to press charges.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure they don't need a reason to cut him. I could be wrong. Of course they'd have to pay him whatever his contract calls for.

Cutting him accelerates his signing bonus which would necessitate cutting another player (who had nothing to do with this) to get back under the cap. They don't need to cut him immediately. They just need to not play him ever again.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A move to release him would affect other players (due to cap ramifications). I don't want another player affected by Rice's actions. I would be perfectly happy with them making him inactive each and every week and then parting ways with him after the season.

Ya know...just like in the case with Ben or Ray (had they been guilty) I just wouldn't want the guy on my team...that said, I'm not even so much for Rice being permanently out of the league, everybody should get a another chance to redeem themselves, but I do think there should be a bigger price to pay than 2 game checks.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya know...just like in the case with Ben or Ray (had they been guilty) I just wouldn't want the guy on my team...that said, I'm not even so much for Rice being permanently out of the league, everybody should get a another chance to redeem themselves, but I do think there should be a bigger price to pay than 2 game checks.

deactivate for the season and fine his entire check for the year. That would be enough from an NFL standpoint. He should also be in jail for part of that year, if not all.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wanted him cut this offseason. Now, they have to wait. I don't want another player cut for Rice's mistake.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the NFL was already aware of the elevator video and now extends Rice's suspension under the personal conduct policy, Rice and the NFLPA could sue the NFL

If the NFL knew of the elevator video when it originally suspended Rice but now uses the video’s public disclosure to impose a harsher suspension on Rice, Rice would surely sue the NFL as acting outside the wide boundaries of the personal conduct policy. While the policy is decidedly broad, it is not limitless, and Rice might contend that an elongated suspension based on information the league already knew constitutes “arbitrary and capricious” decision-making. Rice would assert that it is arbitrary to use old information to justify a new penalty but not take that approach with other players, and it would also be capricious since Goodell would seem unpredictable and erratic. In addition, the NFLPA could file an unfair labor practices charge with the U.S. Department of Labor if Goodell imposed a new penalty based on prior information.

Ray Rice video fallout: Could Roger Goodell increase penalty on Baltimore Ravens RB? - NFL - SI.com

This article answers a lot of legal questions.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the NFL was already aware of the elevator video and now extends Rice's suspension under the personal conduct policy, Rice and the NFLPA could sue the NFL

If the NFL knew of the elevator video when it originally suspended Rice but now uses the video’s public disclosure to impose a harsher suspension on Rice, Rice would surely sue the NFL as acting outside the wide boundaries of the personal conduct policy. While the policy is decidedly broad, it is not limitless, and Rice might contend that an elongated suspension based on information the league already knew constitutes “arbitrary and capricious” decision-making. Rice would assert that it is arbitrary to use old information to justify a new penalty but not take that approach with other players, and it would also be capricious since Goodell would seem unpredictable and erratic. In addition, the NFLPA could file an unfair labor practices charge with the U.S. Department of Labor if Goodell imposed a new penalty based on prior information.

Ray Rice video fallout: Could Roger Goodell increase penalty on Baltimore Ravens RB? - NFL - SI.com

This article answers a lot of legal questions.

and this is where the NFL screwed itself. They tried to get away with as little mess as possible and now it is blowing up in their faces. They have to say "nothing we can do, we knew from the beginning the entire story".

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just announced on NFL Insiders that Ray Rice's contract has been terminated by the Ravens.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just announced on NFL Insiders that Ray Rice's contract has been terminated by the Ravens.

Good for the Ravens. I hope nobody picks that POS up.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ray Rice a Free Agent

Repo0rted on 104.5 just now.
I do not have any links...

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodell still needs to be held accountable to. The NFL new about the video. They knew what was there. They just didn't expect anything more to come from it after the fact.