• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ravens vs. Steelers

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite rivalry......It never matters what it looks like on paper, or what the W-L record is, or even the last game, It's always a Heavyweight Title fight between the 2.....
Nerves on edge til the last second ticks off the clock....
We better get the pressure on Ben in this one because with Webb playing injured and our best CB out, those other 2 subpar CB's are not ones you can rely on.....
Get pressure or it could be a long nite.......
I do think we can score on that D though, so it could be a shootout.....
Ravens by 7 , I hope !!!!!!! :nod:
30_UpshawHitOnBen_home--nfl_thumb_130_80.jpg

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the first AFCCG against the Ravens, coach Tomlin sat down at the mic and said, "Man, what a great game - and I mean that. They play football the way we aspire to and vice versa. This would have been a great game if it was a scrimmage - it just happened to be for the conference".

It's one of the best rivalries in football for a reason.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk if this game will rank up there with the old school slobber knockers of the past, but it is still a strong rivalry...the Steelers need to hold serve at home.

The Ravens have been the most consistent team in the DIV thus far...your DEF still travels well (I can't say that for the Steelers right now)...although I still think the BAL DL is one of the best in the game, I think the edge guys are not as good as they were in the past, but Suggs has always turned it up a notch vs PIT and Dumervil owned Gilbert in the 1st game.

That said, of the two teams I think the Steelers have improved the most since week 2 (they needed to...badly)...the DEF is playing a bit faster and more aggessive (at home at least) and the OFC may have found something so if the OL can hold up I like the Steelers to tie this series up this year 27-20.

Bunkamania

ESPN Defector
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all ready for it and can hardly wait.

It sucks that it's the prime time game, I hate staying up that late to watch any game.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game has such a different feel to it than what I am used to. Usually you expect two very hard hitting great defenses to duke it out and a final score something like 17-14. The more I look at this game the more I am seeing a 35-28 type game. Now that I have said that watch us get one of those classic knock down drag out games but just seems like both teams the offense is the talk of the town these days.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk if this game will rank up there with the old school slobber knockers of the past, but it is still a strong rivalry...the Steelers need to hold serve at home.

The Ravens have been the most consistent team in the DIV thus far...your DEF still travels well (I can't say that for the Steelers right now)...although I still think the BAL DL is one of the best in the game, I think the edge guys are not as good as they were in the past, but Suggs has always turned it up a notch vs PIT and Dumervil owned Gilbert in the 1st game.

That said, of the two teams I think the Steelers have improved the most since week 2 (they needed to...badly)...the DEF is playing a bit faster and more aggessive (at home at least) and the OFC may have found something so if the OL can hold up I like the Steelers to tie this series up this year 27-20.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate both these organizations. I'm really hoping the brownies win sunday so one of those 2 can be in last place. :happy:

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely a classic matchup when these two teams play. A week ago, before Baltimore lost at Cincinnati and Pittsburgh beat Indy, I would have figured the Ravens as favorites this Sunday night. Much less clear now.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate both these organizations. I'm really hoping the brownies win sunday so one of those 2 can be in last place. :happy:

Expected, and I can't say that I blame you...I hated the Browns for a long time too, back when they had Sipe & the cardiac kids...lately, they been more like the fly that you shoo away...until this year, they actually bit.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It would be short lived, #1 Brownies have already had their bye and we have not, so that would be considered, and #2 ,you better look at your schedule for the second half. Bengals twice, Texans, Colts, Ravens and Falcons are almost sure losses.......
But Panthers and Bills could win also......You're looking at a probable 7-9 season or maybe an 8-8.....
So don't order the SB tickets just yet !!!!!!!.....I do think they have improved a great deal this yr with Pettine and Hoyer so hang your hat on that for now, but don't get too anxious....The AFCN is still about the Ravens and Steelers......The Bengals are like a mosquito, they annoy the crap out of you until the first frost and then they are gone for the yr......:nod:

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can you even picture a world where the Browns aren't in last place???

350px-tales_of_the_bizarro_world_1.jpg

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be short lived, #1 Brownies have already had their bye and we have not, so that would be considered, and #2 ,you better look at your schedule for the second half. Bengals twice, Texans, Colts, Ravens and Falcons are almost sure losses.......
But Panthers and Bills could win also......You're looking at a probable 7-9 season or maybe an 8-8.....
So don't order the SB tickets just yet !!!!!!!.....I do think they have improved a great deal this yr with Pettine and Hoyer so hang your hat on that for now, but don't get too anxious....The AFCN is still about the Ravens and Steelers......The Bengals are like a mosquito, they annoy the crap out of you until the first frost and then they are gone for the yr......:nod:

I think the Browns have a decent shot at taking 1 game from Cincy. The Bills, Texans, and Falcons are also winnable games...hell so is the game vs the Panthers. The entire NFC south is bad.

Definitely a difficult 2nd half, but if they win this week, I'll enjoy being out of the cellar for a few days at least. :yahoo: