• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thursday Night Football: RAVENS VS CHIEFS 820 PM

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few shoulda, coulda and what ifs in that one but damn entertaining. Not gonna bash Lamar too much. Missed an easy lay-up to Flowers on the second to last play but honestly, Lamar played his ass off. I have to wonder what the point of signing Henry to 8 mil is if you're not going to use him. Going back to 2019 Lamar seems like a way to have him hurt by December to me. Ravens O-line looked shaky, though, so maybe that played into it as much as anything.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few shoulda, coulda and what ifs in that one but damn entertaining. Not gonna bash Lamar too much. Missed an easy lay-up to Flowers on the second to last play but honestly, Lamar played his ass off. I have to wonder what the point of signing Henry to 8 mil is if you're not going to use him. Going back to 2019 Lamar seems like a way to have him hurt by December to me. Ravens O-line looked shaky, though, so maybe that played into it as much as anything.
I think the Ravens have a new OC who has never called plays before. You hope he gets on that plane and he starts reflecting on the game he called and he realizes that he needs to run Henry into the ground and wear down the defense. 2/3 to 3/4 of what they do passing has to be off of the threat of Henry rushing and play action off of it.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ravens O-line looked shaky, though, so maybe that played into it as much as anything.
This. Three new starters. The run blocking was worse than the pass protection. The line play should improve as the season progresses.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Ravens have a new OC who has never called plays before. You hope he gets on that plane and he starts reflecting on the game he called and he realizes that he needs to run Henry into the ground and wear down the defense. 2/3 to 3/4 of what they do passing has to be off of the threat of Henry rushing and play action off of it.
They have a new DC. Monken was their OC last year.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. Three new starters. The run blocking was worse than the pass protection. The line play should improve as the season progresses.
The loss of D'Allessandris can't be overstated either. Sad him passing. He was one of the best in the game and O-line coaching is one of the most important things for success, especially now with limited talent out there for linemen.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a great game to start the 2024 NFL season! Congrats to the Chiefs winning big game at home.

Definitely a game of inches... looked like Harbaugh wanted to go for 2 and the win.
Definitely would have gone for two. One play for two yards to win (without Mahomes seeing the field again). That would have been the way to go.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That line is bad. Not sure how much better they can really get.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like @Money said, it's still Monken but he seemed to be taking Lamar back to his early days with Roman. I don't understand the usage of Henry either. Him and Lamar aren't going to work well with that scheme, imo. Lamar will get his but the wear and tear should be on the big guy and not him if they want to go anywhere, imo.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That line is bad. Not sure how much better they can really get.
They were bad last night for sure. Their timing was off. That should improve as they play more together. I’m most concerned about the inevitable injuries though.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn’t a false start.

People have to update their understanding of this rule and the way OTs around the league have found a loop hole.

If an OT is in a two point stance, by rule, he has not false started until his foot that moves first has hit the ground. If you watch this replay you see this order:
-OT lifts his outside foot and is starting into his kick slide
- ball is snapped
- OT’s outside foot hits the ground.

A number of OTs around the league have been exploiting this loop hole over the last 2-3 seasons. The Chiefs OTs have been doing it. Lane Johnson of the Eagles has been doing it.

It’s not a penalty based on the current wording and interpretation of the rule.

Do you have the loop hole in the rule you are referring to? I do not see verbiage checking on my own...

Personally I do think it should be called a penalty, but as you pointed out realize referees are not calling it. I think it may be even little more than 2-3 seasons as Bahktiari on Packers had his starts very well timed in similar style.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you have the loop hole in the rule you are referring to? I do not see verbiage checking on my own...

Personally I do think it should be called a penalty, but as you pointed out realize referees are not calling it. I think it may be even little more than 2-3 seasons as Bahktiari on Packers had his starts very well timed in similar style.
I do not have the verbiage in front of me.

I’m kind of taking the easy way out here with a secondary source instead of a primary source. I’m relaying what I’ve heard other say and write about the OT being in a two point stance vs a three point stance.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn’t a false start.

People have to update their understanding of this rule and the way OTs around the league have found a loop hole.

If an OT is in a two point stance, by rule, he has not false started until his foot that moves first has hit the ground. If you watch this replay you see this order:
-OT lifts his outside foot and is starting into his kick slide
- ball is snapped
- OT’s outside foot hits the ground.

A number of OTs around the league have been exploiting this loop hole over the last 2-3 seasons. The Chiefs OTs have been doing it. Lane Johnson of the Eagles has been doing it.

It’s not a penalty based on the current wording and interpretation of the rule.

Yeah I am going to need to see a link to that. Pretty sure that is incorrect.

Player makes a sudden movement before the ball is snapped. That's a false start.

Same reason that an OL who flinches and doesn't even take a step gets called for a false start.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do I get the feeling Ronnie Stanley just got a penalty for lining up wrong at the breakfast buffet...

They could have called it half a dozen more times. I guess they made their point and stopped

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I am going to need to see a link to that. Pretty sure that is incorrect.
It’s not. The OT in a two point stance is allowed to adjust his back outside foot and this is the root of the loophole.
Player makes a sudden movement before the ball is snapped. That's a false start.
A certain level of movement is permitted for an offensive lineman in a two point stance.
Same reason that an OL who flinches and doesn't even take a step gets called for a false start.
That lineman is generally in a three point stance. In the same way, upper body movements and flinching are restricted.

Here’s a link where a guy took this idea on a few years back.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ravens OL needs to get better or having Henry will be pointless.

The first half Lamar didn't look like himself and he was very hesitant to run but the second half was completely different. However, you can't win many games just throwing to Flowers and having Lamar run