• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thursday Night Football: RAVENS VS CHIEFS 820 PM

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the road, I would rather be aggressive and have my team try and make one play instead of trying to have to make a bunch of plays in OT. Also…week 1. Nobody has had a look at your 2 pt shit yet this season.

Only thing though was the Chiefs D was gassed. They played about 7 1/2 minutes more than Balti. But I also get what you're saying and if the Chiefs win and you give Mahomes the ball.. it could just be a quick way to lose the game.

1st week of the season and your 2 pt. note makes sense, but OT in week 1 kind of sucks because your guys aren't QUITE in full time football shape at the moment. I get some of the vets know what to expect.

I agree in this situation given the teams, away, late game, and opposing QB - going for 2 I think made the most sense. And Lamar is so good at getting at least 2 yards.

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chief's are the luckiest team in sports? Is that why they went about 50 years between super bowl appearances?

I think many of you should learn a little history because without the Chiefs and the original Hunt, the NFL is a very different league as he kept the AFL afloat for years.
Yes.

They are.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only thing though was the Chiefs D was gassed. They played about 7 1/2 minutes more than Balti. But I also get what you're saying and if the Chiefs win and you give Mahomes the ball.. it could just be a quick way to lose the game.

1st week of the season and your 2 pt. note makes sense, but OT in week 1 kind of sucks because your guys aren't QUITE in full time football shape at the moment. I get some of the vets know what to expect.

I agree in this situation given the teams, away, late game, and opposing QB - going for 2 I think made the most sense. And Lamar is so good at getting at least 2 yards.
I think this is where your philosophy as a coach (I personally lean aggressive) as well as your knowledge of who your team is dictates the choice.

I think either decision is defensible. It’s an unforgiving job because of that. If it doesn’t work out, people are going to hindsight you.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 445.01
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is where your philosophy as a coach (I personally lean aggressive) as well as your knowledge of who your team is dictates the choice.

I think either decision is defensible. It’s an unforgiving job because of that. If it doesn’t work out, people are going to hindsight you.

As opposed to how they back door you?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And also, if the Chiefs D was already gassed (the point I was making) - just go for it now? Lol. I agree with what you said, but I totally get why he wanted to go for 2. And I think most people would defend the decision because "Then you put the ball potentially in Mahomes' hand."

And I mean the Ravens were moving well and had it. Lamar was just late to one throw and then just whiffed another. And the last one obviously was < 1" away from being a TD. So I'd imagine Harbaugh's confidence was high at that point in moving 2 yards.

But yah agree on your take.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He played exceptionally.

You guys won a Super Bowl on Pat Mahomes crying for a flag.
Mahomes has also made it to the AFCCG every single year he has started. But yeah, certainly some luck involved.

Ravens underachieving I think is a story, too. Still a great team. Still could win it all this year.