• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ranking the rosters of all 32 teams - ESPN Insider

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even when Atlanta is a 12 win team that still seems to be the case.

The only reason they have ever been relevant is because my team's kicker missed a gimme! :lol:

It's hard to get behind that team considering they are just awful everywhere except QB and WR.

The thing is because of the division they play in, they have the same equal shot of being a playoff team as some of the teams that are listed in the top 10 of this list.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do u know how many new OC's the Ravens have had since Flacco has been in the league? That's meaningless for him and it's close to the same system for once. If anything he dropped should have been last year in a completely new system which it wasn't in fact it was his best year be of the west coast style.

Again I disagree with most u said. We all have opinions.

Well considering the offense has been mediocre with all the other OC's and then Kubiak comes to town and they become a top-6 offense and the best offense in the team's history yeah I would say that makes quite a bit of difference.

Also again just because they are sticking with the same playbook doesn't mean that they will have the same results. We are talking about somebody who had been perfecting this system over a 20 year career as an OC or HC in this league. You are now expecting somebody who has never ran this exact system to step in and be able to do exactly what a guy with 20 years experience has done. I'm sorry but that is delusional thinking.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason they have ever been relevant is because my team's kicker missed a gimme! :lol:

It's hard to get behind that team considering they are just awful everywhere except QB and WR.

The thing is because of the division they play in, they have the same equal shot of being a playoff team as some of the teams that are listed in the top 10 of this list.
I'm okay with not getting behind them but 31st is pretty ridiculous.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well considering the offense has been mediocre with all the other OC's and then Kubiak comes to town and they become a top-6 offense and the best offense in the team's history yeah I would say that makes quite a bit of difference.

Also again just because they are sticking with the same playbook doesn't mean that they will have the same results. We are talking about somebody who had been perfecting this system over a 20 year career as an OC or HC in this league. You are now expecting somebody who has never ran this exact system to step in and be able to do exactly what a guy with 20 years experience has done. I'm sorry but that is delusional thinking.

I think they are sticking with a similar playbook not exact obviously. Harbaugh has been talking about the differences lately and why they will fit our team better. Secondly, utilizing a west coast offense more spread which suited Flacco better had an impact on its own whether it's Kubiak or any other qualified OC.

Finally, I think ur kidding yourself to think that the personnel including Flacco Steve smith forsett and others didn't have an impact on that performance of the offense.

I would say that giving Kubiak all the credit for the change is delusional but since Kubiak is now Denvers coach I would leave it at u have proven to be a homer.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Or Dennis Green not being content with a 14 point lead with little time left in the first half. Instead of running plays and running out clock, 3 throwing plays by Randall and he fumbles ball and Atlanta recovers and cuts deficit to 1 score

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or Dennis Green not being content with a 14 point lead with little time left in the first half. Instead of running plays and running out clock, 3 throwing plays by Randall and he fumbles ball and Atlanta recovers and cuts deficit to 1 score

That's why I think some of these talent lists are useless.

A quality QB and a good coach wins way more games than roster talent.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also just so you know: Most Viking fans actually criticize Green for playing too conservative in that game.

That offense that year was nuts. Him playing for OT in a similar situation later in the game with that team didn't seem right at all.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that the AZ and StL games should be pretty good games. But according to the rankings, those rosters have some major holes. I like the Seahawks odds of running the table in the division this year.
Seattle loses at least two division games this season.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also just so you know: Most Viking fans actually criticize Green for playing too conservative in that game.

That offense that year was nuts. Him playing for OT in a similar situation later in the game with that team didn't seem right at all.

No I know they set all types of scoring records, but when your on your won 20, like a min or so left and up 2 scores, that when you go easy. Now you cut lead in half and the atmosphere in locker room is different, you take a little wind out of sail and Atlanta goes in HT with a new attitude, upbeat

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle loses at least two division games this season.
At least two, eh? So that means a 3-3 record wouldnt be surprising at all to you?
I think that the AZ and StL games should be pretty good games. But according to the rankings, those rosters have some major holes. I like the Seahawks odds of running the table in the division this year.
Well, I think there's a difference between ranking rosters and ranking teams in a power poll. When you're looking just at rosters, AZ and STL are going to get penalized for relatively weaker offensive talent. But both of those teams are good enough on D to play with anyone in the league, so I think they're going to be ranked higher/better on a power poll than on something like this.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they are sticking with a similar playbook not exact obviously. Harbaugh has been talking about the differences lately and why they will fit our team better. Secondly, utilizing a west coast offense more spread which suited Flacco better had an impact on its own whether it's Kubiak or any other qualified OC.

Finally, I think ur kidding yourself to think that the personnel including Flacco Steve smith forsett and others didn't have an impact on that performance of the offense.

I would say that giving Kubiak all the credit for the change is delusional but since Kubiak is now Denvers coach I would leave it at u have proven to be a homer.

Isn't this the pot calling the kettle black? I mean you are acting like Kubiak had nothing to do with the Ravens all of a sudden going from a lower tier offense in the league the year before to one of the best in the league. While yes I do agree the players had something to do with it let's look at those players you have listed. Flacco for his entire career has been an above average quarterback. He has only once in his entire career finished in the top-10 for Quarterback Rating. Forsett before this past season had only rushed for over 600 yards once and was looked at as a career back up RB in this league. Next thing you know he is now being considered a top-10 back in this league. Steve Smith was just coming off one of his worst years of his career with Carolina to then all of a sudden once again be considered that ageless receiver.

So again you seem to be completely ignoring the fact that Kubiak has done this everywhere he has gone of take no name RB's, average QB's, and even aging receivers and still produce a top-10 offense most places he has gone. Now you can point to the players being what did this and that is fine but to say Kubiak has nothing to do with this or very little is just missing the actual objective picture. Now yes maybe I am overestimating how much Kubiak meant to that team but you have to remember if there is any fan base that knows Kubiak better than any other it is the Broncos. Our offense started falling apart the minute he walked to Houston. Houston then went from one of the worst offenses in the league to top-5 in a matter of 2 years. Same thing in Baltimore of going from one of if not the worst rushing team in the league to top-5 in one year. Now yes I know you will point to the team getting Forsett and then the addition of the OL players compared to the year before and that is all fine and dandy but again ignoring that Kubiak is a part of that is just ridiculous.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't this the pot calling the kettle black? I mean you are acting like Kubiak had nothing to do with the Ravens all of a sudden going from a lower tier offense in the league the year before to one of the best in the league. While yes I do agree the players had something to do with it let's look at those players you have listed. Flacco for his entire career has been an above average quarterback. He has only once in his entire career finished in the top-10 for Quarterback Rating. Forsett before this past season had only rushed for over 600 yards once and was looked at as a career back up RB in this league. Next thing you know he is now being considered a top-10 back in this league. Steve Smith was just coming off one of his worst years of his career with Carolina to then all of a sudden once again be considered that ageless receiver.

So again you seem to be completely ignoring the fact that Kubiak has done this everywhere he has gone of take no name RB's, average QB's, and even aging receivers and still produce a top-10 offense most places he has gone. Now you can point to the players being what did this and that is fine but to say Kubiak has nothing to do with this or very little is just missing the actual objective picture. Now yes maybe I am overestimating how much Kubiak meant to that team but you have to remember if there is any fan base that knows Kubiak better than any other it is the Broncos. Our offense started falling apart the minute he walked to Houston. Houston then went from one of the worst offenses in the league to top-5 in a matter of 2 years. Same thing in Baltimore of going from one of if not the worst rushing team in the league to top-5 in one year. Now yes I know you will point to the team getting Forsett and then the addition of the OL players compared to the year before and that is all fine and dandy but again ignoring that Kubiak is a part of that is just ridiculous.

The Ravens rushing attack in 2012 was ranked 11th in yards per game and 16th yards per carry. 2013 the Ravens had a huge fall off of Ray Rice and B Pierce as well as injuries along the line hat decimated the rushin attack. To give credit to Kubiak soley in 2014 for the Ravens rushing uptick is less than half the story. Much less.

The rest of what you wrote is yout opinion of what happened and why.

We disagree again.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ravens rushing attack in 2012 was ranked 11th in yards per game and 16th yards per carry. 2013 the Ravens had a huge fall off of Ray Rice and B Pierce as well as injuries along the line hat decimated the rushin attack. To give credit to Kubiak soley in 2014 for the Ravens rushing uptick is less than half the story. Much less.

We disagree again.

I didn't read what Dumler said, but if you disagree with him, I accept that as proof that he is correct.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We disagree again.

Well at this point in the conversation all we can do is just see what happens. Talk is cheap but all we have right now. Soon the players will settle this disagreement on the field for us.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well at this point in the conversation all we can do is just see what happens. Talk is cheap but all we have right now. Soon the players will settle this disagreement on the field for us.

Not soon enough.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't read what Dumler said, but if you disagree with him, I accept that as proof that he is correct.

Well to sum up the disagreement it was pretty much how much or little Kubiak had to do with the Ravens having the best offensive production in their team's history. Obviously Tgann believes it was very little and that the team will be even better without him with a new OC running the same system that he has never ran before that Kubiak has spent 20 years perfecting. My thought is they will see an offensive set back this year. They won't be terrible but I don't think they will be top-5. I could see them around that 10th spot in the league.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given how bad our baseball team is (yet again) I can't wait for end of the football silly season ripe with lists and endless opinion pieces that amount to a whole lot of nothing.

Bring on some real football.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well to sum up the disagreement it was pretty much how much or little Kubiak had to do with the Ravens having the best offensive production in their team's history. Obviously Tgann believes it was very little and that the team will be even better without him with a new OC running the same system that he has never ran before that Kubiak has spent 20 years perfecting. My thought is they will see an offensive set back this year. They won't be terrible but I don't think they will be top-5. I could see them around that 10th spot in the league.

Total mischaracteriazation.
Kubiak had something to do with it the jury is out as to how much as we have no metric to judge against. We will see this year.
I think the talent was in place.