• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ranking the four unbeaten FBS teams

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@4down20, clearly you're angry and need some time to reflect and grasp the what I've informed you of.

Again, I've demonstrated that the system is flawed well before the Badgers were even in the discussion this year or last year because it's about making the playoffs as fair as possible and that's what I care about the most. That's why I've been pointing out their numerous contradictions, flaws, and mistakes for years and not just now as you make it seem.

That is all and good night

Angry? Are you kidding? Telling dumb people they are dumb is one of my favorite things to do.

You have such a good case against them....you have to make shit up about the future that hasn't even happened and complain about that.

:lol:

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you Wisconsin fans seriously not realize that the current standings have you IN the playoffs?

You guys need to look at the games left on the schedule, realize what is going to happen and just worry about winning your games. Because the only way Wisconsin is not going to make the playoffs is if you lose.
Oh, I'm aware of that and our coaching staff has been aware of that for months. I'm just amazed that a bunch of people liked a post saying Miami would kill us, because we have absolutely played better than them.

Also, if we win out, I would so much rather play Miami than either Bama or Oklahoma in the playoffs. We probably have a 70% chance of beating Miami, a 40% chance of beating Oklahoma, and a 25% chance of beating Bama. So yeah, having an improved perception and a #3 seed (assuming Miami wins, but the same would apply for Clemson) would greatly improve our chances to play for the title and slightly improve our chances to win it.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From my viewpoint, you win a division, you win a conference title. You are invited to the CFP. The committee chooses who they want and by their own criteria. There are no benchmarks to aspire to, no rock hard target. All you can do is win.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After we beat OSU it will be you haven't beaten anyone yet. Each week it's the same shit. Iowa curb stomped OSU by 31 points more than your Oklahoma team then we went on to destroy them by 24 points despite our QB throwing TWO PICK 6's and having 4 total turnovers. After we did that then everyone said Iowa is garbage that just got lucky vs OSU and let's see how you do vs a ranked Michigan with a great defense. Curb stomp them as well and both teams drop out of the rankings because we beat them so badly. Meanwhile, Bama barely beats their ranked opponents and they stay ranked or don't even drop after Bama beats them. They're propping up Miss st. and LSU to make it appear as though they actually beaten somebody when clearly they haven't.

Also, the teams Oklahoma beat with TCU and Okie lite haven't beaten a single ranked team either. Michigan was a 2 loss team but they were very down on Michigan because they had no ranked wins well neither does fucking Miami.

It's a double standard, but a double standard for a reason. Oklahoma and Alabama have quality quarterbacks on their side. Horibrook is seen as a liability.

Colley Matrix has Miami #1, Wisky #2, Bama #3, and Oklahoma #10
Anderson and Hester has Alabama #1, Miami #2, and Wisky #3, and Oklahoma #9
Wolfe has Miami, Alabama, and Wisky in the top 3 spots, and Oklahoma at #8
Massey has Alabama #1, Wisky #2, and Miami #3, and Oklahoma at #7

But here's the good news: It doesn't matter. Wisconsin beats Minnesota and Ohio State, they are in. Miami beats Pitt and Clemson, they get in. Ditto for Oklahoma if they beat WV and TCU again.

The closer we get week 15, the less the committee relies on reputation and man-crushes on quarterbacks.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d probably put UCF over Wisconsin. Their offense is downright explosive, way better and the schedules are comparable because both are awful. By the time UCF plays USF and Memphis, I’d say their SOS will be better even after the BIG championship. Best win so far for Wisconsin is Northwestern (by far). Miami is super athletic, especially on defense. I have them at 2, really fun to watch. Obviously Bama at one until someone can knock them off their perch.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
flawed if UCF isnt #1 they da best team in the state of FLA:ninja:

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d probably put UCF over Wisconsin. Their offense is downright explosive, way better and the schedules are comparable because both are awful. By the time UCF plays USF and Memphis, I’d say their SOS will be better even after the BIG championship. Best win so far for Wisconsin is Northwestern (by far). Miami is super athletic, especially on defense. I have them at 2, really fun to watch. Obviously Bama at one until someone can knock them off their perch.
We have a common opponent, where our offense scored the same amount of points on fewer drives, and punted zero times compared to UCF's six. But sure, their offense is a ton better than ours...

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do find myself pulling for Wisconsin quite often. They’re tough and physical and throw a lot of white guys at you which I like. I hope they beat Ohio State in the CCG. We’ll see.

And yes as a fan of a Group of Five team, I realize my team’s schedule sucks too. Every year.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From my viewpoint, you win a division, you win a conference title. You are invited to the CFP. The committee chooses who they want and by their own criteria. There are no benchmarks to aspire to, no rock hard target. All you can do is win.

From my viewpoint, if you won your conference and you didn't make the playoffs, your conference probably fucked up how it selects it's champion.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From my viewpoint, if you won your conference and you didn't make the playoffs, your conference probably fucked up how it selects it's champion.

You select your champions on the field, not in the boardroom. Have a better in conference record than the rest of your division and play in the Championship Game. That is all you are guaranteed. When the CFP picks come out, all you an do is hope you are on the list. You cannot force the Committee to pick you.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You select your champions on the field, not in the boardroom. Have a better in conference record than the rest of your division and play in the Championship Game. That is all you are guaranteed. When the CFP picks come out, all you an do is hope you are on the list. You cannot force the Committee to pick you.

No, the conferences select their champions based on labels. They do not put the 2 best teams in their conference championship, instead they base it on a single game series between a few teams and a label.

Case in point is Ohio St last year. It should have been Penn St vs Ohio St in the Big10 championship. If that would have happened, then the Big10 champion goes into the playoffs. Instead, they put labels like "East and West Division champions" into it like it's the NFL where you play every team in your division twice and the best 2 teams do not play.

Same thing happened in 2011 with Alabama and LSU. It should have been decided in the SECCG, not the BCSCG, but them stupid labels/divisions fuck it up.

If the conferences did it right, the selection committee would always select the conference champion. The way the playoff committee selects the 4 is fine, the way the conferences decide their champions is what's messed up.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of those teams have schedule problems except for Miami right now. Bama hasn't played anyone, Wisconsin hasn't played anyone and UCF has played decent teams but in a non-power 5 conference so they will get NO credit whatsoever. So if I had to rank them I'd go with:

1. Miami
2. Bama
3. Wisconsin
4. UCF

Bama and Wisconsin are pretty close to me. Only reason I have Bama 2nd and not 3rd is because they have 2 wins against ranked teams while Wisconsin only has one.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, the conferences select their champions based on labels. They do not put the 2 best teams in their conference championship, instead they base it on a single game series between a few teams and a label.

Case in point is Ohio St last year. It should have been Penn St vs Ohio St in the Big10 championship. If that would have happened, then the Big10 champion goes into the playoffs. Instead, they put labels like "East and West Division champions" into it like it's the NFL where you play every team in your division twice and the best 2 teams do not play.

Same thing happened in 2011 with Alabama and LSU. It should have been decided in the SECCG, not the BCSCG, but them stupid labels/divisions fuck it up.

If the conferences did it right, the selection committee would always select the conference champion. The way the playoff committee selects the 4 is fine, the way the conferences decide their champions is what's messed up.

I get where you are coming from. You prefer the Big 12 way of doing things. Best 2 teams by record play for the championship. That works when you play round robin schedules. It would not work with unbalanced schedules.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get where you are coming from. You prefer the Big 12 way of doing things. Best 2 teams by record play for the championship. That works when you play round robin schedules. It would not work with unbalanced schedules.

All you do is get rid of divisions, keep the 2 or 3 permanent rivalry games every year and rotate the rest of the conference. At the end of the season you play the 2 highest ranked in the playoff rankings for the championship.

defacto playoff games.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Wisconsin
2. Alabama
3. Miami
4. UCF

Ranked in order of most annoying fans.

hatcher3333

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCF's cancelled game vs GT because of the hurricane is gonna hurt them. A win over a P5 would have been great for them.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Wisconsin
2. Alabama
3. Miami
4. UCF

Yea, ohio state fans are the best! :nono:

Must be a typo. Should have read, Ranked in order of most traveled fans.

Ranked in order of most annoying fans.

Reactions: GNG

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd bet good money that Miami would beat the hell out of Wisconsin.
Miami would have a difficult time scoring on that great Wisconsin defense.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get back to me after the Ohio State game and we'll see how good you are. You're good. But how good? Your schedule just hasn't proved anything yet.
Wisconsin is unbeaten and your team has one loss. They've already proven to be better.