• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ranking the four unbeaten FBS teams

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lotta scared bitches in here of Wisky.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of that shit matters in any way for making the playoffs. By the time the final selection comes, it's obvious who deserves to go and it will be based on this season alone.

It does for this selection committee as it's obvious not only do they have the SEC bias but they also give more credit to the teams that were in the CFP the previous season. That's the way they roll.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does for this selection committee as it's obvious not only do they have the SEC bias but they also give more credit to the teams that were in the CFP the previous season. That's the way they roll.

You are just making up excuses because you don't like the results.

And the funny part is you obviously don't even understand the process properly, or you wouldn't even worry about it. Especially now that there are 3 fucking years of examples to look at.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get people's love affair with Miami . It's all really based on one game . The Canes almost lost to UNC, should've lost to GT and have looked like shit for large portions of other games . Wisconsin hasn't been close to losing and their D is by FAR the best group on either team.

I think the OP has it right although UCF is better than most are giving them credit for
It's quite bizarre. Apparently in order to be intimidating, we have to nearly lose to Georgia Tech, Florida State, Syracuse, and North Carolina instead of beating the shit out of everyone.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's quite bizarre. Apparently in order to be intimidating, we have to nearly lose to Georgia Tech, Florida State, Syracuse, and North Carolina instead of beating the shit out of everyone.
Hey Miami is a good team but they could easily be 7-3 right now. Props to them for winning but only 2 teams in CFB have fominated everyone they've played and only one of those 2 teams is in a P5. Honestly I think Wisconsin is closer to Bama than Miami is to Wisconsin but we shall see. OSU is probably one of the 2 or 3 teams I'd give a shot at beating Wisconsin since they're so talented offensively so the Badgers may not even make the playoffs

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are just making up excuses because you don't like the results.

And the funny part is you obviously don't even understand the process properly, or you wouldn't even worry about it. Especially now that there are 3 fucking years of examples to look at.

I'm making rational conclusions based on the clear evidence we presently have. Whether or not I like the results is irrelevant to the committee's flawed logic or justification of their rankings.

I understand the process, and their factors that are written down that they say they abide by to make decisions. I've also listened to many of their committee members interviews and discussing on their rationale for specific questions on specific games and specific teams. Combining that with seeing the results I noticed that their written rules are not always adhered to and they make specific exceptions and tweaks to the rankings based on factors not written in their rule book. I also know the members of this committee change annually and have previous and current affiliations with programs that does lead to bias whether they consciously know it exists or not. I know there's an over representation of members with ties to a single conference over other conferences as well.

I can easily say that you're just ignoring the facts about this committee and obvious flaws they have because you enjoy and agree with the results. Therefore, no matter what I say you will disagree because it wouldn't benefit your team and it would potentially hurt the status of your team within the rankings and make it appear as though they're benefactors of this flawed committee which I conveyed as obvious based on my findings.

Even if I was a Bama fan, I would still believe in the current flaws of the system and would point out my team is greatly benefiting from this flawed committee.
I'd be happy for my team but I would still come to the same conclusion that changes must be made because it's not even close to a level playing field with 13 members that can have more ties to a single conference than other conferences are deciding the fates of teams and not the teams deciding their own fate.

You agree changes must be made and the system is flawed correct?

Last edited:

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Then they beat the hell out of Va Tech and all of a sudden they're better than the Badgers. Then Va Tech loses to a poor team and almost lost again but they still move up again this week after struggling vs a Virginia team that was destroyed by Indiana who we destroyed but everyone calls them a cupcake when we faced them. It was hilarious watching ESPN try to rationalize why there struggles was an impressive win over an average at best team. Miami could potentially end up with one ranked win over Notre dame that was blown out, lost to a team that was blown out, and could lose again to Stanford and just struggled vs an average Navy team.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lotta scared bitches in here of Wisky.

The only thing that makes me nervous is watching the committee try to use some kind of mental gymnastics to explain why they left out an undefeated Wisconsin team out of the CFP. Other than that I've never felt more confident in #winning. No matter who we play they're all cup cakes when compared to us.

You should be more worried about your next HC.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm making rational conclusions based on the clear evidence we presently have. Whether or not I like the results is irrelevant to the committee's flawed logic or justification of their rankings.

I understand the process, and their factors that are written down that they say they abide by to make decisions. I've also listened to many of their committee members interviews and discussing on their rationale for specific questions on specific games and specific teams. Combining that with seeing the results I noticed that their written rules are not always adhered to and they make specific exceptions and tweaks to the rankings based on factors not written in their rule book. I also know the members of this committee change annually and have previous and current affiliations with programs that does lead to bias whether they consciously know it exists or not. I know there's an over representation of members with ties to a single conference over other conferences as well.

I can easily say that you're just ignoring the facts about this committee and obvious flaws they have because you enjoy and agree with the results. Therefore, no matter what I say you will disagree because it wouldn't benefit your team and it would potentially hurt the status of your team within the rankings and make it appear as though they're benefactors of this flawed committee which I conveyed as obvious based on my findings.

Even if I was a Bama fan, I would still believe in the current flaws of the system and would point out my team is greatly benefiting from this flawed committee.
I'd be happy for my team but I would still come to the same conclusion that changes must be made because it's not even close to a level playing field with 13 members that can have more ties to a single conference than other conferences are deciding the fates of teams and not the teams deciding their own fate.

You agree changes must be made and the system is flawed correct?

I've yet to see them screw up a single time. In fact, by the time the final poll is done, it's so obvious it's damn near impossible to fuck it up.

I haven't even looked at the rankings this week because they don't mean shit. You're an idiot who's pretending week whatever rankings mean something.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've yet to see them screw up a single time. In fact, by the time the final poll is done, it's so obvious it's damn near impossible to fuck it up.

I haven't even looked at the rankings this week because they don't mean shit. You're an idiot who's pretending week whatever rankings mean something.

It does mean something as it shows us their rationale of how they make decisions for their rankings and it's not just based on the factors laid out on their website. They've made so many screw ups I would be here for hours just listing them all and how they've contradicted themselves countless times. You're putting too much in this committee where's it would be wise to see their flaws and how their inevitable major and minor mistakes will lead to change. The change might not be now but it will come soon. I've been saying for 2 years now an 8 team playoff is indeed inevitable and the 13 member committee will not be the only group or entity that decides the fates of these teams. I think it will be the five conference winners and then the next three teams will be the three highest ranked teams after those five teams and will be decided on by a combination of groups that have an equal distribution of representation.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does mean something as it shows us their rationale of how they make decisions for their rankings and it's not just based on the factors laid out on their website. They've made so many screw ups I would be here for hours just listing them all and how they've contradicted themselves countless times. You're putting too much in this committee where's it would be wise to see their flaws and how their inevitable major and minor mistakes will lead to change. The change might not be now but it will come soon. I've been saying for 2 years now an 8 team playoff is indeed inevitable and the 13 member committee will not be the only group or entity that decides the fates of these teams. I think it will be the five conference winners and then the next three teams will be the three highest ranked teams after those five teams and will be decided on by a combination of groups that have an equal distribution of representation.

You were one of those idiots who thought they were really saying the SEC was going to get 3 teams in it aren't you?

All I see is someone making up shit where it doesn't exist.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do you Wisconsin fans seriously not realize that the current standings have you IN the playoffs?

You guys need to look at the games left on the schedule, realize what is going to happen and just worry about winning your games. Because the only way Wisconsin is not going to make the playoffs is if you lose.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were one of those idiots who thought they were really saying the SEC was going to get 3 teams in it aren't you?

All I see is someone making up shit where it doesn't exist.

Ah the old straw man logical fallacy. Nope making up beliefs that I've never said or typed on here doesn't work and just demonstrates how you can't defend the committee's decisions. Literally all you've said was you agree and haven't addressed any of the obvious flaws within the committee and their ranking system I've pointed out.

If you would like to remain ignorant on how this committee is completely flawed then that's your choice. I have no further reason to discuss this topic with you if you prefer to remain in the dark based on the favorable outcome it has for your team.

Good day sir

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you Wisconsin fans seriously not realize that the current standings have you IN the playoffs?

You guys need to look at the games left on the schedule, realize what is going to happen and just worry about winning your games. Because the only way Wisconsin is not going to make the playoffs is if you lose.

No way is the committee going to take a undefeated Badgers team over a 1 loss Bama. Hell, with them randomly bumping up Miami this week they might even take a one loss Miami team over the Badgers as well. Bama is their darling and no matter what Bama's getting in.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When the Badgers beat the shit out of teams they don't move up or sometimes move down and the teams they face move down or out of the rankings. When Bama barely beats teams they either move up or stay the same but the team they face barley move down or stay the same in the rankings. That makes perfect sense right?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah the old straw man logical fallacy. Nope making up beliefs that I've never said or typed on here doesn't work and just demonstrates how you can't defend the committee's decisions. Literally all you've said was you agree and haven't addressed any of the obvious flaws within the committee and their ranking system I've pointed out.

If you would like to remain ignorant on how this committee is completely flawed then that's your choice. I have no further reason to discuss this topic with you if you prefer to remain in the dark based on the favorable outcome it has for your team.

Good day sir

It's not a strawman. You keep saying you understand how things work, and yet you keep crying about the current rankings demonstrating you don't. You make the exact same stupid arguments people did back then when the SEC had multiple teams in the top4, completely without regard to the fact that some of those will play each other and knock each out - which is exactly what happened.

The fact of the matter is, Clemson and Miami will play each other. One of them will lose and they will drop.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a strawman. You keep saying you understand how things work, and yet you keep crying about the current rankings demonstrating you don't. You make the exact same stupid arguments people did back then when the SEC had multiple teams in the top4, completely without regard to the fact that some of those will play each other and knock each out - which is exactly what happened.

The fact of the matter is, Clemson and Miami will play each other. One of them will lose and they will drop.

You're disregarding the fact that the committee cooking the books for the SEC makes it very possible for them to still have 2 teams in the top four. Also, There's a great chance if Miami barely loses to Clemson that they could still be ranked in the top four when it's all said and done. OSU making it last year despite PSU beating them straight up recently and PSU winning the BIG championship means another 1 loss non champion could very easily make it again.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the Badgers beat the shit out of teams they don't move up or sometimes move down and the teams they face move down or out of the rankings. When Bama barely beats teams they either move up or stay the same but the team they face barley move down or stay the same in the rankings. That makes perfect sense right?

Alabama was #1, but then Georgia had a more impressive win and jumped to #1. After Auburn beat Georgia, Georgia dropped down and Alabama moved back up to #1.

And where are all these game where Alabama barely wins? You mean a 7 pt win against a ranked Miss St team? Or a 14 pt win over a ranked LSU team? Both of which btw are tougher than any opponent you've played thus far.

So how in the fuck do you get this shit about how when Alabama barely beats teams they do this and that?

But yeah, it's the system that's flawed rather than you just being a dumbfuck who's crying because Wisconsin isn't where you think they should be.

Such a whiny bitch.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're disregarding the fact that the committee cooking the books for the SEC makes it very possible for them to still have 2 teams in the top four. Also, There's a great chance if Miami barely loses to Clemson that they could still be ranked in the top four when it's all said and done. OSU making it last year despite PSU beating them straight up recently and PSU winning the BIG championship means another 1 loss non champion could very easily make it again.

You know how I know you're a loser? Because shit hasn't even happened yet and your bitch ass is already looking for excuses and people to blame for any potential failures.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@4down20, clearly you're angry and need some time to reflect and grasp the what I've informed you of.

Again, I've demonstrated that the system is flawed well before the Badgers were even in the discussion this year or last year because it's about making the playoffs as fair as possible and that's what I care about the most. That's why I've been pointing out their numerous contradictions, flaws, and mistakes for years and not just now as you make it seem.

That is all and good night