• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rank These QB's

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not revisionist history for me...Eli got a lot of Giants fans frustrated early in his career, but when you play big time football on the big time stage, you show what youre made of

The best record Ryan Tannehill has had as a Fin is 8-8 and really hasnt threatened to be a playoff QB yet

In Eli's first 5 seasons, he had records of 11-5, 10-6 and 12-4

As usual, individual stats dont tell the entire story
Ok, lets look at team stats:

Footballoutsiders 2015 Dolphins: 22nd Offense, 25th Defense, 24th Special Teams
2014 Dolphins: 8th Offense, 17th Defense, 32nd Special Teams

Does that really look like Tannehill is tanking the team when he is posting solid but not great QB stats? No, it doesn't.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, lets look at team stats:

Footballoutsiders 2015 Dolphins: 22nd Offense, 25th Defense, 24th Special Teams
2014 Dolphins: 8th Offense, 17th Defense, 32nd Special Teams

Does that really look like Tannehill is tanking the team when he is posting solid but not great QB stats? No, it doesn't.

Id say having the 22nd ranked offense falls pretty squarely on the shoulders of the QB

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys were all at CBS?

Wow
There are a bunch of us here that migrated over from CBS. I first started posting there back in 2006.

I really wish cbs would have warned us they were shutting down the boards, then we could have made plans to meet up here. There were some great posters that never made it over.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id say having the 22nd ranked offense falls pretty squarely on the shoulders of the QB
The offense is the best ranked unit on the Dolphins both years, though.

You very much stated that Tannehill was the reason that the Dolphins were bad. Its the opposite.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On November 15th, 2015, he was right. On February 7th, 2016, he was very, very wrong.
Eh, the Broncos were 7-1 against the Chiefs during Manning's tenure. They won the division every year, went to 2 Super Bowls and won 1. I'd say he was just wrong.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense is the best ranked unit on the Dolphins both years, though.

You very much stated that Tannehill was the reason that the Dolphins were bad. Its the opposite.

I very much believe Tannehill is not a very good QB, I believe he has a Matt Stafford type ceiling and thats being kind

This is a kid that in year 4, took some of the most ill advised sacks Ive ever seen, and I cant think of any game where they won because of his play...Although im sure they is one

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a bunch of us here that migrated over from CBS. I first started posting there back in 2006.

I really wish cbs would have warned us they were shutting down the boards, then we could have made plans to meet up here. There were some great posters that never made it over.

To be fair, there was a banner up for the last month or two warning posters to save conversations because they were shutting the boards down. But that was the only warning I remember getting.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, there was a banner up for the last month or two warning posters to save conversations because they were shutting the boards down. But that was the only warning I remember getting.
What? I never saw that...

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suddenly feel very old.

I think Trano and I were around the same age. He mentioned graduating high school around the same time I was. Now there's a guy whose posts I miss reading. Same age as me, but with posts that were three to four times smarter than mine.

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? I never saw that...

Yeah, it was kinda hidden. I think I only saw it when looking at a certain section of my profile page. Although, I was a few years ago, so I don't really remember. I'm only sure of it because it was an odd warning. If I'd have taken it seriously, I'd have saved some of ftballgenius's gems.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I very much believe Tannehill is not a very good QB, I believe he has a Matt Stafford type ceiling and thats being kind

This is a kid that in year 4, took some of the most ill advised sacks Ive ever seen, and I cant think of any game where they won because of his play...Although im sure they is one
I have seen one game for sure but I dont get to watch the Dolphins too much.

Tannehill and Stafford's YPAs last year were identical btw and both threw for more than 4,200 yds and that was with Stafford being older and having a decent version of Megatron although Stafford threw for a good number more TDs.

Tannehill does take bad sacks, though. Thats a legit problem.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen one game for sure but I dont get to watch the Dolphins too much.

Tannehill and Stafford's YPAs last year were identical btw and both threw for more than 4,200 yds and that was with Stafford being older and having a decent version of Megatron although Stafford threw for a good number more TDs.

Tannehill does take bad sacks, though. Thats a legit problem.

I have no special dis-like for Tannehill......There is just something missing, that X factor that sometimes you cant put your finger on....I think Stafford is the picture boy for that, a guy who looks like he has it all, can put up video game numbers, but you just never see winning big time football games

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no special dis-like for Tannehill......There is just something missing, that X factor that sometimes you cant put your finger on....I think Stafford is the picture boy for that, a guy who looks like he has it all, can put up video game numbers, but you just never see winning big time football games
Id still take him over a guy with no consistency like Joe Flacco. Flacco has been awful 2 of the past 3 seasons.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your better than that

flacco-elite-1_zpsrdwtvutl.jpg
And you see Cutler as the same ???? Never misses a game in almost 8 yrs, more wins in first 5 yrs than any rookie starter with maybe the exception of Brady, and he cheated so his don't count.. 6 of 8 playoffs , 3 AFCCG's and SB MVP... ...As compared to Cutler who hasn't ever won jack, and quit on his team in the only playoff game he was ever in.....Yea , that makes sense !!
C'mon man, you're surely better than that !!!!!

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of quirky posters, what the hell ever happened to MasterAgain? That was a funny dude back when I was lurking on CBS.

Orton4Prez was a funny Denver poster , NFL SOL with his F.U.Q.U.E.R QB rating GODROPKICKS had the IT clown as AV and always talked about eating Poop And USC HOMEY Ice Cube AV and had a great daily Handicappers page. Defencer was a Ravens guy who couldnt spell and talked ghetto and of course tranny Midnightrayne who was MidnightAngel here Just a few to mention

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Orton4Prez was a funny Denver poster , NFL SOL with his F.U.Q.U.E.R QB rating GODROPKICKS had the IT clown as AV and always talked about eating Poop And USC HOMEY Ice Cube AV and had a great daily Handicappers page. Defencer was a Ravens guy who couldnt spell and talked ghetto and of course tranny Midnightrayne who was MidnightAngel here Just a few to mention
Do you remember what F.U.Q.U.E.R stood for? I can't remember.

Ravens fans for the most part were terrible there, just like they're terrible here. Must be some correlation.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you remember what F.U.Q.U.E.R stood for? I can't remember.

Ravens fans for the most part were terrible there, just like they're terrible here. Must be some correlation.

Not off the top of my head. Most fans there were pretty cool except Colts fans in 06 and they won that crazy comeback from behind AFCG, think I got banned once that time. Sol with have Captain Kirk's AV and have potato salad in every poll. Tranny would harp on because both being Steeler fans. Packerzrule was always awesome too