• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers vs KC in march to #1 draft Pick

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Wash was coaxed into saying this. That still does not make it okay for him to say so publicly.

Another brick in the wall.

And I agree 100% on the second sentence. But with my limited knowledge on what was said to Wash to get this retort, his response seems like sniping for no reason.

I'm gonna admit something....I'm not as high on Yu as you are. Not even close. That said, I do realize he is by far and away the best Ranger starter we've had in forever.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw this:

Baltimore Orioles third baseman Manny Machado will not be ready to play when he's eligible to return from the disabled list on Wednesday.

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This quote from the Newberg Report this morning about what Ray Davis thinks of Ron Washington makes me more worried about this franchise than anything else.

Davis also said Ron Washington “has done a great job” managing the club this year and he expects Wash to be back in 2015."

Some may remember the photo when Bob Short gave Whitey Herzog a pat on the back as a show of support as his manager. The caption below the photo read something like, "Is this when Whitey got the dagger in his back".

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First I have seen any of this.

Now I think I know why Matt Harrison pitched while hurt and probably made himself much worse than he was. Wash and his macho "let's ignore injuries" attitude is out of style and never benefited anyone. Why the ownership and the GM can't see that Wash should have been gone years ago is beyond me. How many more pitches does he have to ruin by encouraging them to ignore injuries? How many more Game 6 fiascos do we have to endure? How many questionable lineup decisions and pitching decisions do we have to witness? Enough is enough and it has been enough for a long time now.

Anyone in that clubhouse that thinks Yu has quit needs to go to.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some may remember the photo when Bob Short gave Whitey Herzog a pat on the back as a show of support as his manager. The caption below the photo read something like, "Is this when Whitey got the dagger in his back".

You're exactly right.

I asked yesterday, "what did you expect him to say?"

But also have to admit, Davis seems like he's being a bit too quotable at this point.

He's acting like he's never been in this position before. Oh....that's right, he hasn't; it shows too.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I think I know why Matt Harrison pitched while hurt and probably made himself much worse than he was. Wash and his macho "let's ignore injuries" attitude is out of style and never benefited anyone. Why the ownership and the GM can't see that Wash should have been gone years ago is beyond me. How many more pitches does he have to ruin by encouraging them to ignore injuries? How many more Game 6 fiascos do we have to endure? How many questionable lineup decisions and pitching decisions do we have to witness? Enough is enough and it has been enough for a long time now.

Anyone in that clubhouse that thinks Yu has quit needs to go to.

I'm calling bullshit on both of these sentences.

(1) You're holding RW and RW alone for Harrison being re-injured? Ridiculous.
(2) So if Beltre and Holland express this then fuck em. They're both outta here? Ridiculous.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

(2) So if Beltre and Holland express this then fuck em. They're both outta here? Ridiculous.

I think Bennie has an okay line of thinking. It might be a little over the top, but there is a definite air of "suck it up" coming from the Dallas media. They are treating pitchers like they would treat an NFL running back. If Wash has fostered that sort of environment in the clubhouse is accountable for guys pushing the natural limit.

And if players think that Yu quit on him, they are honestly pretty dumb. I wouldn't want those kinds of teammates sniping at each other. Yu is no more a quitter than Derek is to blame for bad outings on being goofy etc.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A pat on the back is a lot different than using the word "great" to describe Wash though. One is done out of politeness and the other is done out of ignorance in my opinion.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bennie has an okay line of thinking. It might be a little over the top, but there is a definite air of "suck it up" coming from the Dallas media. They are treating pitchers like they would treat an NFL running back. If Wash has fostered that sort of environment in the clubhouse is accountable for guys pushing the natural limit.

And if players think that Yu quit on him, they are honestly pretty dumb. I wouldn't want those kinds of teammates sniping at each other. Yu is no more a quitter than Derek is to blame for bad outings on being goofy etc.

Rev....come on now.......RW, in reality is down the pecking order for clearing Harrison to participate in baseball activities. Don't you agree? Like the team doctor (s) would certainly be first. The FO is more than actively involved in the process. I use Yu's current status and JD's attitude toward this as a perfect example.

Besides, Harry had back surgery. What if he'd rested another 6 weeks? Another 6 months? It's a back injury. More than likely whatever was gonna be the outcome was exactly that. And he had TWO surgeries.

As far as how his teammates view Darvish, you and I have no idea really. They're professional enough, and part of the team first, they would never put him or themselves in the firing line of criticizing one of their own. Makes sense to me.

And good Lord, if we've become a franchise where the media gets a vote we're in a lot worse shape than I would have ever thought.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What I meant is he is responsible for encouraging an environment where it is better to fight through your injuries than to admit them. I never said I was holding him responsible alone. I didn't imply that either. I did imply that Wash's attitude could have been the deciding factor. Matt has to bear some responsibility also. He didn't have to do it. Yu certainly didn't.

It is interesting that you would pick Holland as an example of someone stirring up trouble. That is funny. I think Derek would the the most unlikely to do so. I also think if Adrian had a problem he would go to Yu directly. He doesn't strike me as the type to gossip within the clubhouse about a teammate.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I meant is he is responsible for encouraging an environment where it is better to fight through your injuries than to admit them. I never said I was holding him responsible alone. I didn't imply that either. I did imply that Wash's attitude could have been the deciding factor. Matt has to bear some responsibility also. He didn't have to do it. Yu certainly didn't.

It is interesting that you would pick Holland as an example of someone stirring up trouble. That is funny. I think Derek would the the most unlikely to do so. I also think if Adrian had a problem he would go to Yu directly. He doesn't strike me as the type to gossip within the clubhouse about a teammate.

You should go back and read your original post. That's exactly what you implied. At least that's what I read, and it seemed quite clear.

And don't put words in my mouth sir.

You stated, basically anyway, that anyone who felt like Yu was dogging it should be shipped out immediately. I picked two names who'd I never expect this from.

Like I said to Rev a post or so ago, we really don't know what his teammates think.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rev....come on now.......RW, in reality is down the pecking order for clearing Harrison to participate in baseball activities. Don't you agree? Like the team doctor (s) would certainly be first. The FO is more than actively involved in the process. I use Yu's current status and JD's attitude toward this as a perfect example.

Besides, Harry had back surgery. What if he'd rested another 6 weeks? Another 6 months? It's a back injury. More than likely whatever was gonna be the outcome was exactly that. And he had TWO surgeries.

As far as how his teammates view Darvish, you and I have no idea really. They're professional enough, and part of the team first, they would never put him or themselves in the firing line of criticizing one of their own. Makes sense to me.

And good Lord, if we've become a franchise where the media gets a vote we're in a lot worse shape than I would have ever thought.

Players hide injuries a lot. One of the problems Wash had with Salty was that he hid an injury and Wash called him out in public for it. I hope Wash wouldn't be the kind to tell a player to suck it up, but we've seen lots of players try to tough things out under his management. Look at Choo this year...he should have been on the DL early on...

As it pertains to his teammates as long as they keep anything private I don't care. I should have clarified that if they made those thoughts public I wouldn't want them around.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players hide injuries a lot. One of the problems Wash had with Salty was that he hid an injury and Wash called him out in public for it. I hope Wash wouldn't be the kind to tell a player to suck it up, but we've seen lots of players try to tough things out under his management. Look at Choo this year...he should have been on the DL early on...

As it pertains to his teammates as long as they keep anything private I don't care. I should have clarified that if they made those thoughts public I wouldn't want them around.

I hear ya.

Don't you think players hide injuries "regardless of the manager" in general? Hell, Beltre shows he hurt and then throws chairs when they try to take him out of the lineup.

In regards to Yu, I thought the statement by JD said a whole lot. You remember this? It was something to the effect, "Yu could probably pitch tonight if we were in different circumstances or tonight's game really meant something." Not an exact quote, but that's what he said.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In regards to Choo, would it not be trainers/doctors decision to place him on the DL when he continued hurting?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should go back and read your original post. That's exactly what you implied. At least that's what I read, and it seemed quite clear.

And don't put words in my mouth sir.

You stated, basically anyway, that anyone who felt like Yu was dogging it should be shipped out immediately. I picked two names who'd I never expect this from.

Like I said to Rev a post or so ago, we really don't know what his teammates think.

Well, I didn't mean to put any words in your mouth. I merely took the two examples you gave and said why I didn't think it could be them. I wasn't saying you said it was them. If there are players who speak out against a teammate in a situation like this I would be glad for them to be shipped out. No one on the team is good enough to get away with that. We don't need any backbiting.

Wash has a long history here of misinforming us about injuries(Hank Blalock), about saying players shouldn't be honest with the media about their injuries(Josh Hamilton) and now he is implying that Yu's teammates thinks he is quitting on them. He is fostering the environment that guys should tough it out and that is not a healthy environment.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In regards to Choo, would it not be trainers/doctors decision to place him on the DL when he continued hurting?

When they put other players on the DL for things that seem minor, I don't know why Choo wouldn't be on the DL. It's frustrating!

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They would certainly get a rather large vote for sure.

But Choo is a really proud man. And he felt obligated to perform for this team - especially since so many teammates had fallen - and he signed that great contract.

I'm thinking, if the team had known how bad the season would have gone, they would have put him on the DL for 15 days or more if needed, if they could have a do-over on the decision.

I honestly believe we'll see a much different player next season.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When they put other players on the DL for things that seem minor, I don't know why Choo wouldn't be on the DL. It's frustrating!
Totally agree but how does Wash prevent that if Choo is evaluated by the medical dept?

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For sure.

I'm kind of thinking the doctors have determined he won't do it any more harm by playing for the rest of the season. Long term care and rest is what he needs. No winter ball for this guy please.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would certainly get a rather large vote for sure.

But Choo is a really proud man. And he felt obligated to perform for this team - especially since so many teammates had fallen - and he signed that great contract.

I'm thinking, if the team had known how bad the season would have gone, they would have put him on the DL for 15 days or more if needed, if they could have a do-over on the decision.

I honestly believe we'll see a much different player next season.
My thought is he should not have been allowed to play Joan of Arc and received immediate attention and Wash should have insisted on it. Allowing Choo to take a chance on further injury was negligent on Wash. Do agree we will see a big improvement 2015.