• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers vs KC in march to #1 draft Pick

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Infante has 57 RBI and leads the team from the 2 hole, and the # 9 hitter, Escobar has 43.

Now that's some kind of RBI distribution.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Infante has 57 RBI and leads the team from the 2 hole, and the # 9 hitter, Escobar has 43.

Now that's some kind of RBI distribution.

What that tells me without even looking is that the Royals are probably very good as a team at getting on base. I wouldn't be shocked to see their OBP in the top 5 of the league. Let me go check to see if my hypothesis is accurate.

Edit. SO their OBP is middle of the pack but their team average is 3rd best. They must suck at taking walks then...you would think their OBP would be much higher.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, I use to hate the Royals back in the 70's and early 80's, because they were the team that always beat us up, but I've mellowed over the years ( and 30 years of bad Royals teams helped). I sure hope they take the Tigers down this year!

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, I use to hate the Royals back in the 70's and early 80's, because they were the team that always beat us up, but I've mellowed over the years ( and 30 years of bad Royals teams helped). I sure hope they take the Tigers down this year!

And the A's / Angels

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What that tells me without even looking is that the Royals are probably very good as a team at getting on base. I wouldn't be shocked to see their OBP in the top 5 of the league. Let me go check to see if my hypothesis is accurate.

Edit. SO their OBP is middle of the pack but their team average is 3rd best. They must suck at taking walks then...you would think their OBP would be much higher.
They sucked offensively at the beginning of the year, I bet your hypothesis is correct if you look at the last couple months...

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hope not. Don't care for the Royals. Hope the Tigers win it all so their crazy ass owner can back off and stop inflating MLB salaries.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually, they are more reminiscent of a team from the late 19th to early 20th century in approach. Very high contact rates, very low K rates, low HR%, lowest BB% of any team since 1970. Butler and Hosmer being disappointing have kind of dragged down the team OBP from where I would think it would be considering what Escobar and Cain are doing. Butler has come out of his shell since the 2nd half though it would seem.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope not. Don't care for the Royals. Hope the Tigers win it all so their crazy ass owner can back off and stop inflating MLB salaries.
You have a point there...give that owner his World Series ring so he'll move to the retirement farm...but I still like seeing big spending teams bite it when they attempt to buy the ring...except for the Rangers of course!!!

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our hitting woes appear to be systemic. When's the last time we've seen a kid from our farm system come up and hit well? We need to evaluate the whole system this offseason. Get rid of Magadan for sure, but evaluate the minors too.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is Odor not playing? Put Rosales at first.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our hitting woes appear to be systemic. When's the last time we've seen a kid from our farm system come up and hit well? We need to evaluate the whole system this offseason. Get rid of Magadan for sure, but evaluate the minors too.

lol no they don't....The minors are fine. They have the best combined record of any farm system in baseball.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you are 0 for a whole bunch no point in talking about how unlucky the guy supposedly has been. In reality he stinks right now and has a mediocre arm. Good as a 4th OF not a starter.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smolenski (sp?) looked good during his two weeks with the team, but the bad luck took care of him. But it sure would be nice if we could find a Kole Calhoun in our system to give us some immediate help. Our stud prospects are still too young...

Last edited by a moderator:

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smolenski (sp?) looked good during his two weeks with the team, but the bad luck took care of him. But it sure would be nice if we could find a Kole Calhoun in our system. Our stud prospects are still too young...
Odor is not to shabby.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smolenski (sp?) looked good during his two weeks with the team, but the bad luck took care of him. But it sure would be nice if we could find a Kole Calhoun in our system. Our stud prospects are still too young...

Kole Calhoun...random ass year of brilliance.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3