• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers vs KC in march to #1 draft Pick

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have treated Bennie poorly...Allow me to publicly apologize Bennie. I went too far more than once for silly reasons. It was unnecessary and hurtful. I shouldn't take disagreements so personally, and it's not conducive to discussion to act that way. I lumped you in with a few other posters that I really did have a problem with, and it was unfair to do so.

I realize we are all passionate about the Rangers, and sometimes people who I think are less knowledgeable will disagree with my take. I shouldn't be so quick to be aggressive in attack anyone's intelligence. It's very easy to be a dick on the internet. I have honestly tried to be less of one in my dealings and can hopefully not be nasty without cause going forward. I might just read the ESPN comments and not post anymore...It's too tempting to yell at Dan or Larry....
Hats off. Respectfull post

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coverage is back to being awful again. Richard was the only one on staff worth reading for ESPN Dallas. It was bad enough when he got that radio gig and was writing less, but with his passing the blog is left with two people who are too busy splitting time between having their heads up their own asses and the cowboys asses.

I think the lack of a good baseball team to cover has hurt as well. I would expect that once the team gets better the coverage will get better.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the lack of a good baseball team to cover has hurt as well. I would expect that once the team gets better the coverage will get better.
I suspect if Richard were still with us, good team or bad, would not kept him from reporting. ESPN dfw sports should be reported period. They owe it to the fans that follow them daily.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have treated Bennie poorly...Allow me to publicly apologize Bennie. I went too far more than once for silly reasons. It was unnecessary and hurtful. I shouldn't take disagreements so personally, and it's not conducive to discussion to act that way. I lumped you in with a few other posters that I really did have a problem with, and it was unfair to do so.

I realize we are all passionate about the Rangers, and sometimes people who I think are less knowledgeable will disagree with my take. I shouldn't be so quick to be aggressive in attack anyone's intelligence. It's very easy to be a dick on the internet. I have honestly tried to be less of one in my dealings and can hopefully not be nasty without cause going forward. I might just read the ESPN comments and not post anymore...It's too tempting to yell at Dan or Larry....

Thank you Rev. I appreciate that and accept your apology. No hard feelings whatsoever.

Yes, Dan can be a lot to handle at times. I really do think he really is a fan and has been one for a long time. I just think the disappointments over time have made him overly cynical and critical. I kind of suspect he wasn't always that way. There have been a whole lot of Wash fans on that board so I did enjoy having Dan around to help combat some of those at times, but most of the Wash apologists have left for now.

Larry is a different guy altogether from Dan. Larry seems like a very likable guy. He also has cancer and doesn't expect to live beyond next season. I can understand him being more impatient for a good team than most of us. He really argued with me for awhile about the team's ability to be competitive next season and then he admitted to me that the reason he was hoping so badly that they would be competitive was because he probably won't live to see another season after next year.

Thanks again Rev.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect if Richard were still with us, good team or bad, would not kept him from reporting. ESPN dfw sports should be reported period. They owe it to the fans that follow them daily.

I agree and I also think the suddenness of losing Richard hampered them from finding a suitable replacement. I think Calvin can probably grow into the job though. They may look for a replacement in the offseason.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no Facebook and won't ever have one so I won't post there. It would be hard to deal with all of the casual baseball fans posting nonsense, though I guess there is more opps for convo

Murph, you can always set up a fake facebook account the way Rev did. I use a facebook account that I had set up for a business I used to have.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you Rev. I appreciate that and accept your apology. No hard feelings whatsoever.

Yes, Dan can be a lot to handle at times. I really do think he really is a fan and has been one for a long time. I just think the disappointments over time have made him overly cynical and critical. I kind of suspect he wasn't always that way. There have been a whole lot of Wash fans on that board so I did enjoy having Dan around to help combat some of those at times, but most of the Wash apologists have left for now.

Larry is a different guy altogether from Dan. Larry seems like a very likable guy. He also has cancer and doesn't expect to live beyond next season. I can understand him being more impatient for a good team than most of us. He really argued with me for awhile about the team's ability to be competitive next season and then he admitted to me that the reason he was hoping so badly that they would be competitive was because he probably won't live to see another season after next year.

Thanks again Rev.
My heart goes out to Larry. We will have a good 2015 team, I believe. Definitely worth following. I pray Larry stays on this planet long enough to envision a World Series here. As far as the planet, not much worth missing here.

Good to hear from you here, Bennie

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of keeping an eye on one of the big so-called silent partners in Ray Davis. Not wanting to see a Jerry Jones rear its ugly head for the Rangers. And anyone using the term "great job" in regards to RW I have serious doubts about.

Yeah, if I had known that Greenberg and Ryan were just along to use their names and reputations to smooth the purchase and then would be jettisoned I might not have been so enthusiastic about this group purchasing the Rangers. If the other group would have been Cuban and anyone other than Crane that might have been the way to go.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the Josh I try not to remember:yahoo:

Can you imagine what could have been if both Josh and Hank Blalock had kept their heads on straight and both were still here? Hank could have moved to 1B when we got Beltre. I wonder if a completely different kind of manager than Wash could have helped in both situations.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My heart goes out to Larry. We will have a good 2015 team, I believe. Definitely worth following. I pray Larry stays on this planet long enough to envision a World Series here. As far as the planet, not much worth missing here.

Good to hear from you here, Bennie

Thanks Darryl.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Extremely classy and humbling post Rev. Made my day! Much respect to you sir!

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bennie is passionate about his favorite baseball team and his opinions are like all of ours, his opinions. I can respect that, whether or not I always agree with him or any of the rest of us. Dan Anthony though should re-think posting about baseball for sure.

Speaking of ESPN...I was thinking the other day I bet Calinative and RallyGorilla are enjoying it right now in Angel land. To bad they can't ruin our boards bragging about it. :yahoo:

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of ESPN...I was thinking the other day I bet Calinative and RallyGorilla are enjoying it right now in Angel land. To bad they can't ruin our boards bragging about it. :yahoo:

That's crossed my mind too but I'm not sure if people like them are ever really that happy.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't bring up Moreland anymore and most of the attacks people dish out to you would stop.

Honestly if everyone was capable of behaving like mature adults, he should be able to bring up any topic he wants to discuss without getting personally attacked. After all, you can disagree without insulting someone. Unfortunately, some find it necessary.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly if everyone was capable of behaving like mature adults, he should be able to bring up any topic he wants to discuss without getting personally attacked. After all, you can disagree without insulting someone. Unfortunately, some find it necessary.

I don't insult him. We all know his stance on Moreland. I'm sure there are many that agree with it. It does get a little annoying seeing it repeatedly, but you're right. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and the right to voice it.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't insult him. We all know his stance on Moreland. I'm sure there are many that agree with it. It does get a little annoying seeing it repeatedly, but you're right. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and the right to voice it.

Oh, I know. I hope I didn't imply you did. I'm not sure if I have ever even seen you attack anyone... your posts are civil and informative from what I can recall. In fact there really are not many on here that resort to personal attacks (well at least on the Ranger page).

What I actually respect about Nightcrawler is when people attack him, he doesn't feel the need to attack back. He just lets it go and moves on. That's something I personally could be better at.

Anyway, I have deviated from the topic of baseball. Anyone think they might call up Gallo in September just to see what he can do or is it too early?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I know. I hope I didn't imply you did. I'm not sure if I have ever even seen you attack anyone... your posts are civil and informative from what I can recall. In fact there really are not many on here that resort to personal attacks (well at least on the Ranger page).

What I actually respect about Nightcrawler is when people attack him, he doesn't feel the need to attack back. He just lets it go and moves on. That's something I personally could be better at.

Anyway, I have deviated from the topic of baseball. Anyone think they might call up Gallo in September just to see what he can do or is it too early?

I don't think they will. If he had continued what he was doing the first 2-3 weeks that he was in Frisco then maybe they would have, but he has hit a rough patch. He will be here soon enough though. Joey is going to be very special.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Doubt you see Joey in Arlington in Sept. He has struggled a bit lately at Frisco, though I think he hit his 41st HR the other night.