• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers vs KC in march to #1 draft Pick

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Originally Posted by saddles
This quote from the Newberg Report this morning about what Ray Davis thinks of Ron Washington makes me more worried about this franchise than anything else.

" Co-Chairman Ray Davis told Jon Morosi (Fox Sports) a week ago that clubs called Texas about Beltre in July but to no avail, as “[w]e want him to retire a Ranger.” Davis also said Ron Washington “has done a great job” managing the club this year and he expects Wash to be back in 2015."

If ownership and the GM think Wash is a great manager how many other things will they be that wrong about?

Bennie, you still posting over on ESPN? Did you get enough of the Facebook posters over there?

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking the same thing. I just didn't want to call him out.

I wasn't really intending to call him out but he has issued lots of walks for a guy that was supposed to be cool under pressure and have great control.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This quote from the Newberg Report this morning about what Ray Davis thinks of Ron Washington makes me more worried about this franchise than anything else.

" Co-Chairman Ray Davis told Jon Morosi (Fox Sports) a week ago that clubs called Texas about Beltre in July but to no avail, as “[w]e want him to retire a Ranger.” Davis also said Ron Washington “has done a great job” managing the club this year and he expects Wash to be back in 2015."

If ownership and the GM think Wash is a great manager how many other things will they be that wrong about?

Bennie, you still posting over on ESPN? Did you get enough of the Facebook posters over there?

Yeah, I am still there as well. It is okay there.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn. Jackson with another bad outing. Only gave up 3 H, but walked 4 in 3.2.
I sure hope he isn't hurt. These bad outings have been going on for quite some time now.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Coverage is back to being awful again. Richard was the only one on staff worth reading for ESPN Dallas. It was bad enough when he got that radio gig and was writing less, but with his passing the blog is left with two people who are too busy splitting time between having their heads up their own asses and the cowboys asses.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have no Facebook and won't ever have one so I won't post there. It would be hard to deal with all of the casual baseball fans posting nonsense, though I guess there is more opps for convo

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coverage is back to being awful again. Richard was the only one on staff worth reading for ESPN Dallas. It was bad enough when he got that radio gig and was writing less, but with his passing the blog is left with two people who are too busy splitting time between having their heads up their own asses and the cowboys asses.

CW should never comment on baseball

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no Facebook and won't ever have one so I won't post there. It would be hard to deal with all of the casual baseball fans posting nonsense, though I guess there is more opps for convo

Admittedly I have been overly harsh on those posters, but aside from the "fire jd" crowd there is only a few people who actually discuss real baseball.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Admittedly I have been overly harsh on those posters, but aside from the "fire jd" crowd there is only a few people who actually discuss real baseball.

Bennie is passionate about his favorite baseball team and his opinions are like all of ours, his opinions. I can respect that, whether or not I always agree with him or any of the rest of us. Dan Anthony though should re-think posting about baseball for sure.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bennie is passionate about his favorite baseball team and his opinions are like all of ours, his opinions. I can respect that, whether or not I always agree with him or any of the rest of us. Dan Anthony though should re-think posting about baseball for sure.

I have treated Bennie poorly...Allow me to publicly apologize Bennie. I went too far more than once for silly reasons. It was unnecessary and hurtful. I shouldn't take disagreements so personally, and it's not conducive to discussion to act that way. I lumped you in with a few other posters that I really did have a problem with, and it was unfair to do so.

I realize we are all passionate about the Rangers, and sometimes people who I think are less knowledgeable will disagree with my take. I shouldn't be so quick to be aggressive in attack anyone's intelligence. It's very easy to be a dick on the internet. I have honestly tried to be less of one in my dealings and can hopefully not be nasty without cause going forward. I might just read the ESPN comments and not post anymore...It's too tempting to yell at Dan or Larry....

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have treated Bennie poorly...Allow me to publicly apologize Bennie. I went too far more than once for silly reasons. It was unnecessary and hurtful. I shouldn't take disagreements so personally, and it's not conducive to discussion to act that way. I lumped you in with a few other posters that I really did have a problem with, and it was unfair to do so.

I realize we are all passionate about the Rangers, and sometimes people who I think are less knowledgeable will disagree with my take. I shouldn't be so quick to be aggressive in attack anyone's intelligence. It's very easy to be a dick on the internet. I have honestly tried to be less of one in my dealings and can hopefully not be nasty without cause going forward. I might just read the ESPN comments and not post anymore...It's too tempting to yell at Dan or Larry....

Unfortunately, this board is not immune from personal attacks.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think Mr Darvish is paying attention to this?

It is to their credit that they have remained in the playoff race for as long as they have, but ultimately the injuries were going to be too much. New York’s lack of a starting rotation was always going to catch up with them.

With that in mind, Yankees’ pitching coach Larry Rothchild is considering a different plan entirely for the remainder of this season and possibly entering next season. According to Joel Sherman of the New York Post, the Yankees are considering a six-man rotation, with Rothchild the man pushing strongly for it:

“Absolutely” was the word he used to describe if he was serious about attempting this. And not just because myopically he has to figure out how to get the best out of Masahiro Tanaka and Michael Pineda in September and that duo plus CC Sabathia and, perhaps, Ivan Nova next year. But because he sees the epidemic of pitching injuries, particularly the need for Tommy John surgeries, Rothschild says, “I think people are going to have to look at a lot of alternatives.”

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kind of keeping an eye on one of the big so-called silent partners in Ray Davis. Not wanting to see a Jerry Jones rear its ugly head for the Rangers. And anyone using the term "great job" in regards to RW I have serious doubts about.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hamilton went 1-4 yesterday while seeing all of 6 pitches. Now that's the Josh I remember.