• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers vs KC in march to #1 draft Pick

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably the way to go. I'd rather Yu get some rest.
Agree, no need for Yu to risk worse injury this year...beginning to think the same for Holland. Maybe though it wouldn't be bad for Holland to test the knee with a few MLB starts in '14 so he (and we) know if he'll be back to form for '15

Last edited by a moderator:

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers get 100,000 for Soto. For a team going nowhere every bit of money helps.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can we consistently be so stinking bad with men on 3rd and less than 2 outs.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprising start by Baker considering he had not pitched in 2 weeks. Nice inning by Tolleson.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think S. Korea about to win the LLWS - up 7-1 in the 6th. Love watching the kids play...

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think S. Korea about to win the LLWS - up 7-1 in the 6th. Love watching the kids play...

Honestly hate it. Wild pitch after wild pitch followed by 3 base errors...And the umpires strike zones are a big as tanks. Then you get a spoiled 12 year old crying when the other team finally starts hitting him...Just awful.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beltre gonna hit like .330 by seasons end at this rate.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly hate it. Wild pitch after wild pitch followed by 3 base errors...And the umpires strike zones are a big as tanks. Then you get a spoiled 12 year old crying when the other team finally starts hitting him...Just awful.
Ok, difference of opinion...I respect that...

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, difference of opinion...I respect that...
I grew up knowing a lot of "select" league players. Some of the biggest douchenozzles you will ever meet. Select leagues are a breeding ground for Johnny Manziel type behavior.

I respect the good coaches that aren't douches though. Was also surprised at how intelligent that Davis girl was. She has a good head on her shoulders.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I grew up knowing a lot of "select" league players. Some of the biggest douchenozzles you will ever meet. Select leagues are a breeding ground for Johnny Manziel type behavior.

I respect the good coaches that aren't douches though. Was also surprised at how intelligent that Davis girl was. She has a good head on her shoulders.
I would definitely agree with you about these "select" teams and leagues - resulting in year round baseball, too much too fast, ...and in my "expert" opinion, the cause of the pitching problems we see with big league pitchers today.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would definitely agree with you about these "select" teams and leagues - resulting in year round baseball, too much too fast, ...and in my "expert" opinion, the cause of the pitching problems we see with big league pitchers today.

I wouldn't say there's one single cause, but it's definitely a contributing factor.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It gets way too serious for some parents and kids at that level now. Play year round baseball in hopes of producing a big league player. I liked things back when you played baseball, football and basketball during the same times of the year the pros do. And ESPN and such are not helping with more and more high school sports events being shown on TV. And it will continue to get out of hand.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I read some speculation by doctors that the biggest problem with the rash of injuries going forward on pitchers is that decades ago kids played multiple sports their whole life until they became professionals so they worked out other muscle groups. Kids focus on one sport and wear that muscle group out I suppose if that hypothesis is accurate.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It gets way too serious for some parents and kids at that level now. Play year round baseball in hopes of producing a big league player. I liked things back when you played baseball, football and basketball during the same times of the year the pros do. And ESPN and such are not helping with more and more high school sports events being shown on TV. And it will continue to get out of hand.

I never understood the fascination with high school sports. I mean, it's just kids! The only people who should care are the colleges recruiting those kids and the kids families or the other kids who currently attend those schools. You'd never see me watching a high school game on TV or in person.