• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers vs KC in march to #1 draft Pick

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read some speculation by doctors that the biggest problem with the rash of injuries going forward on pitchers is that decades ago kids played multiple sports their whole life until they became professionals so they worked out other muscle groups. Kids focus on one sport and wear that muscle group out I suppose if that hypothesis is accurate.

Sounds logical.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It gets way too serious for some parents and kids at that level now. Play year round baseball in hopes of producing a big league player. I liked things back when you played baseball, football and basketball during the same times of the year the pros do. And ESPN and such are not helping with more and more high school sports events being shown on TV. And it will continue to get out of hand.

I do agree. A good athlete will be good at multiple sports. They just go pro in the one they love the most. Look at Samardzija. Dude was an all American WR at Notre Dame, but he loved baseball more and wanted to be a pitcher. He took less money early on than he would have gotten from the NFL and did what he loved.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read some speculation by doctors that the biggest problem with the rash of injuries going forward on pitchers is that decades ago kids played multiple sports their whole life until they became professionals so they worked out other muscle groups. Kids focus on one sport and wear that muscle group out I suppose if that hypothesis is accurate.
That makes total sense! Cross training is critical in any sport - playing multiple sports accomplishes that...it's a shame that things are taken so seriously (by parents!!!) these days...I honestly would get bored playing the same sport year round...

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never understood the fascination with high school sports. I mean, it's just kids! The only people who should care are the colleges recruiting those kids and the kids families. You'd never see me watching a high school game on TV or in person.

I have gone to high school baseball and football games and they can be enjoyable. But I don't think it needs to be on TV and make it bigger than it really is.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do agree. A good athlete will be good at multiple sports. They just go pro in the one they love the most. Look at Samardzija. Dude was an all American WR at Notre Dame, but he loved baseball more and wanted to be a pitcher. He took less money early on than he would have gotten from the NFL and did what he loved.

Not sure about that. They may be good at multiple sports, but may only be elite enough to go pro in one sport. Or at least go pro and be successful.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am fucking ready for Baylor to come to Norman. Lets fucking do this!

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have gone to high school baseball and football games and they can be enjoyable. But I don't think it needs to be on TV and make it bigger than it really is.
Exactly. As for fun, some of the best

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
High school sports are a blast to watch...we'd go occasionally to watch basketball at my daughter's school. Like the energy and the spirit of it...but yes, some take it way too seriously...

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure about that. They may be good at multiple sports, but may only be elite enough to go pro in one sport. Or at least go pro and be successful.

You specialize and go pro in the one you love. How many college football players sign baseball contracts to pay for school and make room for more scholarships?

Last edited by a moderator:

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
High school sports are a blast to watch...we'd go occasionally to watch basketball at my daughter's school. Like the energy and the spirit of it...but yes, some take it way too seriously...

LOL! I should have included basketball as well as our oldest son started all 4 years on the HS varsity. But I have not been to a game since he graduated 11 years ago. Since I am in Flower Mound I thought about going to see our rival FM Marcus and watch Marcus Smart and Phil Forte but never did.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch out for Texas Tech...they may sneak up on a few people....

Ok,ok, we won't be sneaking up on OU and Baylor, but we may be a tough game...

Don't be so sure. Strange things happen to my Sooners when they travel to Lubbock.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys think the Longhorns will do well this year?
They will be much improved, but they aren't in the class of Baylor, OU, and Texas Tech ...
...ok, one of the teams on my list might be a pipe dream ...I let you figure out which one...:whistle:

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be so sure. Strange things happen to my Sooners when they travel to Lubbock.
The scents from the stockyards can do strange things to visiting teams...some call it nausea, but there may be something more mystical going on....:pound:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will be much improved, but they aren't in the class of Baylor, OU, and Texas Tech ...
...ok, one of the teams on my list might be a pipe dream ...I let you figure out which one...:whistle:

Tech will be better than Texas this year. Texas fans are drinking the koolaid big time though. They act like Strong is a sure thing. I like strong, but he's never had anywhere near the pressure he's going to be facing. We'll see how he does. All I have to say to Texas fans is be careful what you ask for.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys think the Longhorns will do well this year?

Will be interesting to see how they do under Charlie Strong. But his real impact may take a few years where you see how he has done with his recruits.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird...3 sliders....learning how to pitch...I sure hope so.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be interesting to see how they do under Charlie Strong. But his real impact may take a few years where you see how he has done with his recruits.

Question is, will the alumni give him that much time?