• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers vs. Astros 5/12-5/14

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright Gents......forget the future, b/c the future is tonight. Someone step up and make the "first prediction."

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL!" Horseshit" You can be so genuinely honest.

It's one of my many attributes I do so well.....:laugh3:

So what's gonna happen tonight? Com'on now.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont get it nightcrawler man... i keep trying to stick up for you but you just dont listen to me. You need to let Cruz go. We wanted him, and we most probably sent a very fair offer to him, but he wanted to play the outfield. So, if you're JD, do you sit here and bitch and moan over how he's having a good start? No. You trust the lineup you have. Which, our lineup is fine. Its best asset hasn't done a damn thing. Prince Fielder is more of a lineup changer then Nelson Cruz. Fielder affects a whole lineup. He's gonna get hot, its pretty much inevitable with how his career has gone. So just freakin let it go man. I can't help you if you don't listen to me. Just please shut up about Cruz. We all see how hes doing. I can also, AND YOU CAN PUT ME ON RECORD, say that Cruz will cool down majorly within then next month. I'm talking cold. I've always said the same thing. This lineup has been fine. Once we got our leadoff man, we were fine. Injuries and Prince Fielder sucking has taken a toll. Both of those things will come back to fruition. The one thing we've needed is one more established top 2 in the rotation pitcher. I've said that since like October. I was pleading for a Gallardo, a Price, an Ervin Santana, anybody. I still hold that to be true. This team, even if Prince heats up and we knock the piss out of the ball, will not succeed in the postseason without one more starting pitcher. You guys can knock that opinion all you want, but do me a favor and remember I said that. I've just been watching the postseason with close attention the past 15-20 years, and I don't think Matt Harrison or Martin Perez are good enough #2's right now. Maybe in a couple of years, but not now. I'm sorry. Perez has shown flashes of excellence, but I'd still take Scherzer, Greinke, Wacha,or most of the other playoff rotations over ours. You need 2 aces (or guys pitching like aces) to win a ring. I think we need one more pitcher, and I'm almost positive that, when the deadline comes, we'll be getting a starting pitcher, and not a hitter. Just wait

Gallardo and Santana were 2 that I mentioned I was interested in, and I was blasted as well. I think they're both having good seasons. Haven't looked. I didn't and still don't want to pay for Price unless he signed an extension first. I think we'll be looking at a pitcher too. We should. I'm sure Cliff Lee will come up again. I'm not sure if I'm interested this time.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gallardo and Santana were 2 that I mentioned I was interested in, and I was blasted as well. I think they're both having good seasons. Haven't looked. I didn't and still don't want to pay for Price unless he signed an extension first. I think we'll be looking at a pitcher too. We should. I'm sure Cliff Lee will come up again. I'm not sure if I'm interested this time.
Santana is having a great season thus far with the Braves. I was one of those pooping all over the idea of signing him.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could hope that a team like LAD (incredibly unlikely), Cincinatti, NYM, or the Pirates are out of it by the deadline. Other then that, we may be looking at just a decent mid rotation guy instead of a guy that slots right behind yu

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Santana is having a great season thus far with the Braves. I was one of those pooping all over the idea of signing him.

People kept on saying "but he sucks in the rangers ballpark" but they weren't getting that he wasn't the same pitcher that he is now. He is lightyears better now. His stuff is the same, but now he pitches with an understanding of missing away, not missing over the plate. I wanted him

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet like 80 percent of our last 25 games our pitchers have thrown more then 20 pitches in the 1st

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good God, his pitch count is going thru the roof...c'mon Matt, get it together man!

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People kept on saying "but he sucks in the rangers ballpark" but they weren't getting that he wasn't the same pitcher that he is now. He is lightyears better now. His stuff is the same, but now he pitches with an understanding of missing away, not missing over the plate. I wanted him
He was prone to HR ball, which made him very scary in Ranger ballpark. But he seems to have solved that issue last year, and it is continuing into 2014.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF is going on????? 3 K's on 10 pitches. Duplicate of last night...time for the team bus to make a trip to the optometrist....:wtf2:

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can come back from this one, but damn!

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
none of our pitchers besides yu have it. Colby pitched okay the other night but im definitely not convinced. we gotta have another guy. no way around it. no "well they'll start pitching better when they get healed." im sorta tired of that logic.

yardimatt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harry's velocity is way down. Two years ago he would touch 95 mph + quite often. :noidea:

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lewis and Harrison cannot get past the fifth inning. This is very disconcerting. Harry may not go four today.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
none of our pitchers besides yu have it. Colby pitched okay the other night but im definitely not convinced. we gotta have another guy. no way around it. no "well they'll start pitching better when they get healed." im sorta tired of that logic.
Apparently Matt's fastball velocity is only about 86-87. That won't cut it...