• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers V The Clock - draft and trade deadlines approaching as ARI comes to the Grill

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was betting on it, I would bet the farm that Boras is using that as part of his negotiations with the Rangers. Saying that since the return for Gallo could be subpar, the better choice for the Rangers is to extend Joey.
But the question remains, what is the hurry to extend him?

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the question remains, what is the hurry to extend him?

Takes the pressure of the situation off the player, gives the team one less position to worry about, I think in some cases the final arbitration year is scrapped and replaced with a higher salary (probably have that wrong). Also smart from a marketing standpoint. There are some advantages.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A
If he is traded I will understand, but I will be as sad to see him leave, as I have anyone who has left the team in a long time. I might even love the return we get for him, but it will still hurt to lose a player who came up through the system, who is a great teammate, who seems like a great guy, and who has played very well, overall.

We haven't had too many guys who have come up through the system and performed well over the last 10 years. Kinsler and CJ were in that boat once, but both of them kind of wore out their welcome, especially CJ.

Losing him won't be on the same level as when we lost Pudge, but I am not sure that I can think of anyone in between Pudge and Gallo that I hated losing as much as Joey.

It is still a business though.
As fans we had so much invested and hoped for more than what we got so far. He was one of those prospects so highly coveted ar single A. Like to bear some fruit from that.

He was the Ranger golden child with perhaps too high expectations

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Takes the pressure of the situation off the player, gives the team one less position to worry about, I think in some cases the final arbitration year is scrapped and replaced with a higher salary (probably have that wrong). Also smart from a marketing standpoint. There are some advantages.
There is really no good reason to keep him next year unless we extend him. Minus a comp pick or midsession trade

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A

As fans we had so much invested and hoped for more than what we got so far. He was one of those prospects so highly coveted ar single A. Like to bear some fruit from that.

He was the Ranger golden child with perhaps too high expectations
Overall, he has met my expectations. I never expected him to be anything close to a Gold Glover. Offensively, he has not been as consistent as I would have liked, but then I never expected there to be this little support around him in the lineup. So, overall, he has not disappointed me at all.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall, he has met my expectations. I never expected him to be anything close to a Gold Glover. Offensively, he has not been as consistent as I would have liked, but then I never expected there to be this little support around him in the lineup. So, overall, he has not disappointed me at all.
You sir are no casual fan

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it is true that only B level prospects can be had for Gallo, then I would rather have the comp pick we would get when he goes to free agency. That pick could turn into part of a trade for an ace ,3 years from now. Those B level prospects most likely wouldn't be nearly as valuable.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading this makes it hard to see him as a disappointment.

"Gallo this season ranks in the top 3.0 percent of MLB when it comes to barrel rate, which is how often he hits the ball with the ideal combination of exit velocity and launch angle. Speaking of exit velocity, his max reading of 115.1 mph is in the top 5.0 percent of MLB. He's also continued a three-year trend of improving his chase rate on pitches outside the strike zone. This season, his chase rate is in the 92nd percentile. Gallo's rising barrel rate and improving plate discipline bode very well for the future, and at age 27 he should still be in peak form for some time."

"For his career, Gallo has an OPS+ of 116, which means his park-adjusted OPS has been 16 percent better than the league average. Since the start of the 2019 season, however, he's had an OPS+ of 127. This year, he checks in with a figure of 138."

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it is true that only B level prospects can be had for Gallo, then I would rather have the comp pick we would get when he goes to free agency. That pick could turn into part of a trade for an ace ,3 years from now. Those B level prospects most likely wouldn't be nearly as valuable.

I don't if there's a chance the upcoming CBA negotiations could alter if/how those compensation picks are awarded, but I do know a big focus of the MLBPA is to swing more of the financial compensation to the players.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't if there's a chance the upcoming CBA negotiations could alter if/how those compensation picks are awarded, but I do know a big focus of the MLBPA is to swing more of the financial compensation to the players.
I guess anything is possible, but as of now, I would rather have the comp pick. I have seen no indication that those would be done away with or radically changed. We have more than enough B level prospects.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess anything is possible, but as of now, I would rather have the comp pick. I have seen no indication that those would be done away with or radically changed. We have more than enough B level prospects.

I wonder if a package of Gibson and Gallo to bring back some A's is a possibility.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if a package of Gibson and Gallo to bring back some A's is a possibility.
Maybe a team could use them and Kennedy.

I still like Levi Weaver's idea of us including a prospect to get a better return.