• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers V The Clock - draft and trade deadlines approaching as ARI comes to the Grill

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Trade Deadline is this Friday. The market for RP is established and moving, I predict Kennedy gets moved today. The SP market is waiting to see if Scherzer moves, I predict Gibson goes tomorrow. I'm still 33/33/33 on Gallo; moves, stays + signs, or no action whatsoever. Cannot get a feel for what happens with him. I'm sure there will probably be the requisite spare-for-spare trade the Rangers seem to enjoy making.

The Draft Signing Deadline is Monday. I don't worry about Leiter signing but I'd like to get that out of the way ASAP. Evan Grant predicted he'd get $8-8.25m, which is above slot but not absurdly so. Fine, get it done. No issue with that figure.

The Rangers face the D-Bags at home for a two game set. Dunning is your orb tosser tonight, tomorrow's starter has not been named, which seems a bit strange. The Rangers better be on their best behavior tomorrow, because the Sheriff of MLB himself, Madison Bumgarner, is on the hill for ARI.

Oh, and there's the little matter of these two teams fighting it out for the worst record in MLB.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Trade Deadline is this Friday. The market for RP is established and moving, I predict Kennedy gets moved today. The SP market is waiting to see if Scherzer moves, I predict Gibson goes tomorrow. I'm still 33/33/33 on Gallo; moves, stays + signs, or no action whatsoever. Cannot get a feel for what happens with him. I'm sure there will probably be the requisite spare-for-spare trade the Rangers seem to enjoy making.

The Draft Signing Deadline is Monday. I don't worry about Leiter signing but I'd like to get that out of the way ASAP. Evan Grant predicted he'd get $8-8.25m, which is above slot but not absurdly so. Fine, get it done. No issue with that figure.

The Rangers face the D-Bags at home for a two game set. Dunning is your orb tosser tonight, tomorrow's starter has not been named, which seems a bit strange. The Rangers better be on their best behavior tomorrow, because the Sheriff of MLB himself, Madison Bumgarner, is on the hill for ARI.

Oh, and there's the little matter of these two teams fighting it out for the worst record in MLB.
No problem. We got it. LOL

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tomorrow’s starter should be Lyles. Um wonder if he’s going

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anxiety LOOMS

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Padres fan proposed this to me on Reddit:

Padres get Gallo and Gibson
Rangers get Hosmer (and take on his contract), MacKenzie Gore, Robert Hassell, and Joshua Mears

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JD expects to sign him to a 4 or 5 year contract at around 20M AAV but also thinks if he doesn't sign that level of extension that the Rangers should get a max type trade for him. and he also probably thinks that Gibson should draw the same kind of trade package so we probably go no where with either and end up just where we are now

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JD expects to sign him to a 4 or 5 year contract at around 20M AAV but also thinks if he doesn't sign that level of extension that the Rangers should get a max type trade for him. and he also probably thinks that Gibson should draw the same kind of trade package so we probably go no where with either and end up just where we are now

don't think we know what JD, Chris Young, or the owners want.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking, if an extension didn't get close to completion yesterday, that that meant the Rangers would pivot and look to trade him.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For you guys who are wanting to trade Gallo for almost any return, just because you don't want the Rangers to spend money on him, you may not get what you want just because they trade him. A trade does not keep the Rangers from pursuing him in free agency 15 months from now. I am not saying they will, but it is a possibility.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking, if an extension didn't get close to completion yesterday, that that meant the Rangers would pivot and look to trade him.
I agree they’ll look. Don’t think either happens

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For you guys who are wanting to trade Gallo for almost any return, just because you don't want the Rangers to spend money on him, you may not get what you want just because they trade him. A trade does not keep the Rangers from pursuing him in free agency 15 months from now. I am not saying they will, but it is a possibility.
I have no problem them pursuing him in free agency in 15 months