• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers V The Clock - draft and trade deadlines approaching as ARI comes to the Grill

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Batting Gallo second. Which is where he should have been all along.
They have a balanced righty/lefty line up now
I’ll be watching the Yankees games a little more now.. rooting for Joey Gallo

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just realized that the Rangers traded two All Stars (who aren't rentals and are under team-friendly contracts), two relievers (in a market where pitching was the most valuable commodity), their #9 prospect, and I think $8m in cash considerations... and the biggest piece they brought back in return was Spencer Howard.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just realized that the Rangers traded two All Stars (who aren't rentals and are under team-friendly contracts), two relievers (in a market where pitching was the most valuable commodity), their #9 prospect, and I think $8m in cash considerations... and the biggest piece they brought back in return was Spencer Howard.
Goes to prove what we think does not mean much.

Reactions: DTC

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta wonder why he did not.

Yankees have true "cleanup" hitters so they are more able to set their lineup that way.

But second in the order is exactly where a guy with Gallo's OBP should be batting.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He just isn't a very good manager.
You said it. I didn't but you are right. Bet they make the same mistake with Garcia

Last edited:

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have stayed off this board and watching the Rangers for reasons I will keep to myself. But after watching the trade of Gibson, Kennedy, 4 mill and Han Crouse who is a year older, 22 years old, than the 2 prospects they are receiving back from Philly and has pitched at a higher level and has pitched better than Gowdy who has pitched at the A+ level and Gessner who has impressive results but it is just 7 innings and it is just the Rookie league. I can't understand why Crouse had to be included. Gibson and Kennedy and the 4 mil should have been enough. This trade was made by idiots. That is all.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else feel like the team next year might start to turn around and put on an exciting show? I’m thinking we will be very competitive next year and damn good in 2023.
With Hans Crouse, Cole Winn, Yerry Rodriguez, Aj Alexy, Dane Dunning, Taylor Hearn, Kolby Allard, John King and many more solid pitchers coming up.
Sam Huff, Josh Jung, Foscue, Luis Acuna, and newly acquired Josh Smith and Ezequial Duran are all exciting as well. There’s more too like Blaine Crimm and Evan Carter.

our farm system is starting to get stacked and I believe we will have plenty of money to spend on free agents when it makes sense.
Just got in town and found out Crouse was a part of Phillies package. Hate to lost that guy

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have stayed off this board and watching the Rangers for reasons I will keep to myself. But after watching the trade of Gibson, Kennedy, 4 mill and Han Crouse who is a year older, 22 years old, than the 2 prospects they are receiving back from Philly and has pitched at a higher level and has pitched better than Gowdy who has pitched at the A+ level and Gessner who has impressive results but it is just 7 innings and it is just the Rookie league. I can't understand why Crouse had to be included. Gibson and Kennedy and the 4 mil should have been enough. This trade was made by idiots. That is all.
Yes, you nailed it. Moe, Larry, and Curly are in charge.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got in town and found out Crouse was a part of Phillies package. Hate to lost that guy
That's the only thing I didn't like about the trades we made, doesn't make sense, unless they have concerns about Crouse for some reason

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the only thing I didn't like about the trades we made, doesn't make sense, unless they have concerns about Crouse for some reason

He’s now their #4 prospect
This trade made 0 sense to me.
we’re supposed to be acquiring this type of player not trading them away..

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ehh you never know with prospects though.
Remember the haul we gave the Phillies for Hamels and Diekman?
“Rangers’ #2, #4, #8, #14, and #20 prospects. Catcher Jorge Alfaroranked 30th among MLB’s top 100 prospectsand outfielder Nick Williams ranked 83rd. Pitchers Jake Thompson, Alec Asher, and Jerad Eickhoff concluded the list of new-addition-youngsters to the Phillies.”

those guys are not so great any more.
Same with the DVD boys, Taylor Teagarden and even Jurickson Profar..

Maybe depth and good quality in large quantity will lead to more home grown all stars

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Agreed Daniels got hosed in these deals but I read it was felt that Crouse was eventually going to end up as a reliever.
I never liked the mechanics of his delivery.

From the videos I saw pitching in the majors, Spencer Howard looks good, real good. Good fastball, curve and change up and has movement. He looks like a top of the rotation starter. He’s hasn’t gone more than 4 innings in a big league game but they may be taking it slow with his development.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Day later and still hate losing Crous he seemed to have the moxy to be a competitor. Do realize we will need to pivot with a 40 man crunch ahead. Get the takes on quantity over elite quality approach so of course landing a guy like Hassell or CJ Abrams would have been the golden ticket

regardless we will likely need to move upper level prospects or lose them in Rule 5