• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers V The Clock - draft and trade deadlines approaching as ARI comes to the Grill

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They wouldn't wait. It would be announced if/when an agreement was reached.
They might not want to announce it within a few hours of announcing the Leiter signing. I am not sure that they could keep it from leaking though.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"According to multiple sources, San Diego has been willing to discuss outfielder Robert Hassell, the team’s first-round pick in the 2020 draft, in a Gallo trade but the Padres would like the Rangers to also take veteran first baseman Eric Hosmer in the deal."

"Hosmer, 32, is in the middle of an eight-year, $144 million contract that runs through 2025. There is more than $65 million remaining in contract obligations to Hosmer. The Padres, according to sources, have discussed including cash in the deal, which would be necessary for it to make any sense."

"The bigger question: How much would they be willing to send? And how much would the Rangers be willing to take on? The Rangers have only $36 million committed for 2022 and have no dollars committed for 2023. They have indicated a desire to be more aggressive in free agency over the winter and any hindrance on that could be a real impediment."

"According to MLB Pipeline, Hassell, 19, is the Padres’ No. 4 prospect and 46th overall in the minors. He was the eighth overall pick in 2020 as a high schooler from outside of Nashville. He received a $4.3 million bonus to forego a commitment to Vanderbilt. He is hitting .307./403/.455/.858 at Class A Lake Elsinore."

"San Diego also has shortstop C.J. Abrams, who is out for the year with a knee injury, and catcher Luis Campusano among position players in the top 50."

"Hosmer’s contract included a full no-trade clause from 2018-20, but he can only block a deal to 10 teams at current. The Rangers, according to a source, are not among the teams on his list. He is due $21 million in 2022 and $13 million per year from 2023-25. He has an opt out in his contract following the 2022 season but given a downward trend in his production over the last two seasons, it’s unlikely that he’d exercise that."

True Rangers Fan

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"According to multiple sources, San Diego has been willing to discuss outfielder Robert Hassell, the team’s first-round pick in the 2020 draft, in a Gallo trade but the Padres would like the Rangers to also take veteran first baseman Eric Hosmer in the deal."

"Hosmer, 32, is in the middle of an eight-year, $144 million contract that runs through 2025. There is more than $65 million remaining in contract obligations to Hosmer. The Padres, according to sources, have discussed including cash in the deal, which would be necessary for it to make any sense."

"The bigger question: How much would they be willing to send? And how much would the Rangers be willing to take on? The Rangers have only $36 million committed for 2022 and have no dollars committed for 2023. They have indicated a desire to be more aggressive in free agency over the winter and any hindrance on that could be a real impediment."

"According to MLB Pipeline, Hassell, 19, is the Padres’ No. 4 prospect and 46th overall in the minors. He was the eighth overall pick in 2020 as a high schooler from outside of Nashville. He received a $4.3 million bonus to forego a commitment to Vanderbilt. He is hitting .307./403/.455/.858 at Class A Lake Elsinore."

"San Diego also has shortstop C.J. Abrams, who is out for the year with a knee injury, and catcher Luis Campusano among position players in the top 50."

"Hosmer’s contract included a full no-trade clause from 2018-20, but he can only block a deal to 10 teams at current. The Rangers, according to a source, are not among the teams on his list. He is due $21 million in 2022 and $13 million per year from 2023-25. He has an opt out in his contract following the 2022 season but given a downward trend in his production over the last two seasons, it’s unlikely that he’d exercise that."

What do you do

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you do
I think if we decide to make the trade that we can eventually flip Hosmer. The key is to either get SD to contribute some or throw someone else in the deal, and then we would have to pay a significant chunk next year, and a little thereafter. We would be out $5-7 million this year and next and then maybe $2-3 million the next two years, of we flip him in the offseason. I am still not sure Hosmer won't rebound and be worth every penny to someone in those last two years.

I like Campusano over Hassell, but they are pretty close.

I would still much rather take Orelvis Martinez from Toronto. They have a really good catching prospect too.

True Rangers Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if we decide to make the trade that we can eventually flip Hosmer. The key is to either get SD to contribute some or throw someone else in the deal, and then we would have to pay a significant chunk next year, and a little thereafter. We would be out $5-7 million this year and next and then maybe $2-3 million the next two years, of we flip him in the offseason. I am still not sure Hosmer won't rebound and be worth every penny to someone in those last two years.

I like Campusano over Hassell, but they are pretty close.

I would still much rather take Orelvis Martinez from Toronto. They have a really good catching prospect too.

Is Hassell enough of a "get" to trade Joey for?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Hassell enough of a "get" to trade Joey for?
I am thinking not, but I know I am biased. He is a good young hitter and a good fielder. I would say hold out for Campusano. Hopefully, they get a bidding war going.

True Rangers Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Have to think this could indirectly impact the Scherzer market, which directly impacts the Gibson market

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hosmer not playing today. Should we read anything in this