• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Travel to St. Petersburg for the Best of Three Wild Card Series with the Rays October 3-5

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can pitch around Seager if we don't get someone in the #3 hole. Lowe and Grossman are not the guy. Would like to try Carter there. If it is too much pressure put him back at the bottom.
I’m for leaving where he’s at. Right now there’s no pressure he’s swinging nice and easy so why move him up?

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m for leaving where he’s at. Right now there’s no pressure he’s swinging nice and easy so why move him up?
I said move him back if it is too much pressure. Move him up because we don't have a good bat to put in #3 hole. So far he has not shown any pressure any where. If it doesn' work, it's only one game then put him back #9. The way it is now pitchers are pitching around Seager.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can pitch around Seager if we don't get someone in the #3 hole. Lowe and Grossman are not the guy. Would like to try Carter there. If it is too much pressure put him back at the bottom.
I agree with Wastin’. With Grossman in the 3-spot, you’re right. They can pitch around Seager. But with Garver in the 3-hole, they would be much more inclined to pitch to Seager… not that Garver is some beast, but he’s a much better hitter for both contact and power than Grossman is.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duran made 19 starts in July hitting .186, and then made 22 stars August hitting .265, I'd say he was given plenty of time to work on his issues
In that same two months, Taveras started 48 games and hit .216. Taveras was given a lot more time and eventually started hitting better. He hit better in the first half of September. Then in the last half he hit .234.

Both have struggled for prolonged periods of time. There was much less patience for Duran even though he has done well before.

Leody has struggled for more prolonged periods than Duran has had time to.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In that same two months, Taveras started 48 games and hit .216. Taveras was given a lot more time and eventually started hitting better. He hit better in the first half of September. Then in the last half he hit .234.

Both have struggled for prolonged periods of time. There was much less patience for Duran even though he has done well before.

Leody has struggled for more prolonged periods than Duran has had time to.
I think Leody gets more leeway because he is one of the only capable CF on the roster. Duran, meanwhile, is an infielder who can play left field ok-ish. Duran is not better than Jung, Seager, or Semien. So his presence in the lineup would mean he’s playing LF. I think they feel much more comfortable defensively with Carter in left and Leody in center than they would with Duran in left and Carter in center. Not saying it’s right or wrong, just my best guess on why Leody has gotten a lot more playing time than Duran.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duran made 19 starts in July hitting .186, and then made 22 stars August hitting .265, I'd say he was given plenty of time to work on his issues
I don’t know what Duran did but they don’t have any confidence in him. Which is why he isn’t on the 26 for this series

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Leody gets more leeway because he is one of the only capable CF on the roster. Duran, meanwhile, is an infielder who can play left field ok-ish. Duran is not better than Jung, Seager, or Semien. So his presence in the lineup would mean he’s playing LF. I think they feel much more comfortable defensively with Carter in left and Leody in center than they would with Duran in left and Carter in center. Not saying it’s right or wrong, just my best guess on why Leody has gotten a lot more playing time than Duran.
Yeah, in my original comment I just tried to say that when Leody falls into one of his slumps, I wouldn't mind Duran instead of him. Next year, I think with Langford, the whole topic will be completely changed. I imagine Leody gets traded here in the next few months.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know what Duran did but they don’t have any confidence in him. Which is why he isn’t on the 26 for this series
Yep. Bochy will do that. Ragans and Burke both went through that earlier in the year. Huff would come up and rot on the bench at times.

There will be a whole new dynamic next year.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Bochy will do that. Ragans and Burke both went through that earlier in the year. Huff would come up and rot on the bench at times.

Duran did something or said something and got in the doghouse and can’t get out of it to the point where they opted to pick light-hitting Josh Smith over him

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether we like Trevor Bauer or not from what I see this might be one of the few times I do not side with the supposed victim.

"'Next victim. Star pitcher for the Dodgers,'" Bauer said in the video. "A text Lindsey Hill sent to a friend before she ever even met me. ‘What should I steal?’ she asked another, in reference to visiting my house for the first time. The answer? ‘Take his money.’ So how might that work? ‘I’m going to his house Wednesday.’ she said, ‘I already have my hooks in. you know how I roll.’ Then, after the first time we met, "Net worth is 51 mil" she said. ‘b---h, you better secure the bag’, was the response.

"But how was she going to do that? ‘Need daddy to choke me out,’ she said. ‘being an absolute whore to try to get in on his 51 million,’ read another text. Then, after the second time we met, former [San Diego] Padres pitcher Jacob Nix told her ‘you gotta get this bag.’ ‘I’ll give you 50,000’ Lindsey replied. Her AA sponsor asked her at one point, ‘do you feel a tiny bit guilty?’ ‘Not really,’ she replied."

Bauer said the messages he talked about in the clip were "deliberately and unlawfully concealed from me and my legal team."

66% say "yes, sign him"

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think they bring back Garver next season as the DH and they bring Langford to ST and he opens the season in LF with Carter in CF. There’s the new dynamic to me with the batting order being Semien, Seager, Langford, Garcia, Garver, Jung, Lowe, Heim & Carter.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

66% say "yes, sign him"
Some talked about on this board when all this stuff was going on with him and he was released if we should pick him up. I had a feeling that this question would come up which is why I posted what I did. It kind of shed new light on the subject even though many feel he is a sorry excuse for a human being.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some talked about on this board when all this stuff was going on with him and he was released if we should pick him up. I had a feeling that this question would come up which is why I posted what I did. It kind of shed new light on the subject even though many feel he is a sorry excuse for a human being.
Smarter to bring back Montgomery

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00