• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Travel to St. Louis For Three Games July 29-31

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As the Rangers and the Cardinals are playing this series, there will be more attention paid to the Front Office than the games as the trade deadline looms. Tuesday at 5:00 PM CDT is the trade deadline.

Who knows which direction the Rangers are headed in, but Sunday evening's trade for Kelly seems to indicate the Rangers are buyers. Anything could come down by the deadline.

The Rangers have Eovaldi, Scherzer, and Heaney slated to pitch in the series. Something tells me the Rangers will have Emiliano Teodo and maybe another minor leaguer or two in ST. Louis with them, just in case they decide to be sellers.

Buckle up. This could be a wild ride for the next 41 hours.

yardimatt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No point in trading good prospects unless we could get four amazing bats in return and that ain’t gonna happen.

We could be sellers and still turn this thing around with internal reinforcements along with the offense pulling their heads out of their butts. That’s the path I’d go down if I was CY.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pennington is a mino league reliever. The Rangers do not value those guys very highly. The reliever we traded for Kelly is probably a better pitcher than Pennington. Anthony Hoopii-Tuionetoa was a much better reliever than either of them and they traded him for Grossman. Pennington will most likely be a throw in in another minor trade the Rangers make. Frankly, Lorenzen should have brought back more.