• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Host the Padres For Three Games July 2-4

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hans Crouse has not allowed a run in his first 7 innings with the Angels. But at least we got a couple of years of Spencer Howard.
Phillies gave up on Crouse too. He was born 30 miles from Angels stadium so that may be working for him.

On the other hand Howard’s home town is a four hour drive to Giants stadium and that didn’t help him.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the idea of loading up on prospects in a few weeks, via trade, and then using some of that prospect capital to go after a really good closer in a trade in about 4 or 5 months.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the idea of loading up on prospects in a few weeks, via trade, and then using some of that prospect capital to go after a really good closer in a trade in about 4 or 5 months.
I think they need more than 1. Isn’t Yates and Robertson on 1 year deals.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we will have to disagree on deGrom. Leiter too, I guess. I want him to spend the whole season at Round Rock. He isn't ready.

The eventual rotation this year should be:

Degrom
Bradford
Gray
Mahle
Dunning

The other starters should be traded. Urena can pitch in the rotation until deGrom gets back in the middle of August. Of course, part of the return for those starters may be a AAA starting pitcher who we want to see pitch for us this year.
No Lorensen.

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah, we will have to pursue some free agents as well.
The team is not that far from contending again but not this year. It's just not going to happen with the offense. Even when Jung gets back it will not be enough and probably too late.
Is Semian struggling because of age? 34 is around the corner for him. Or is he just having another down year after a good year.
Did Garcia and Keim have career years last season? Sure seems that way
Kindzer Grossman and Jankowski have been abysmal. Tavares is hitting a lethargic 226.
Bullpen continues to struggle.
The team still has enough talent where several pieces can be added to get it back on track for the future.
Trades or free agency can solve this. Want to wait and see what the trade deadline brings before talking about potential offseason acquisitions.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team is not that far from contending again but not this year. It's just not going to happen with the offense. Even when Jung gets back it will not be enough and probably too late.
Is Semian struggling because of age? 34 is around the corner for him. Or is he just having another down year after a good year.
Did Garcia and Keim have career years last season? Sure seems that way
Kindzer Grossman and Jankowski have been abysmal. Tavares is hitting a lethargic 226.
Bullpen continues to struggle.
The team still has enough talent where several pieces can be added to get it back on track for the future.
Trades or free agency can solve this. Want to wait and see what the trade deadline brings before talking about potential offseason acquisitions.
They have to get a replacement for Bally to afford anything in the offseason.

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
They have to get a replacement for Bally to afford anything in the offseason.
Let's hope so. I don't think we can contend without getting upgrades. I know we have some pitchers coming off the payroll. Scherzer Heaney Robertson Yates off the top of my head. That money will be needed to replace these guys. Maybe we get a pitcher or two from RR
Just wish we had young pitcher in AAA who could help us as a starter next year.
Leiter seems to be the only one who could start but that's not a guarantee.
Your updates you post on those young. Pitchers from Hickory,DownEast and Frisco show much promise.
Would be nice if a few of those guys can pan out for us in the future.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's hope so. I don't think we can contend without getting upgrades. I know we have some pitchers coming off the payroll. Scherzer Heaney Robertson Yates off the top of my head. That money will be needed to replace these guys. Maybe we get a pitcher or two from RR
Just wish we had young pitcher in AAA who could help us as a starter next year.
Leiter seems to be the only one who could start but that's not a guarantee.
Your updates you post on those young. Pitchers from Hickory,DownEast and Frisco show much promise.
Would be nice if a few of those guys can pan out for us in the future.
If we don't go overboard on spending on starting pitching and save some money for upgrades elsewhere, it would help. Jared Sandler was mentioning on the post-game show a couple of days ago, that we will have a good rotation under contract for 2025. We could add some depth to serve as swingmen like Urena has been this year, but the major money should go to the pen and possibly an upgrade at 1B or maybe even catcher.

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If we don't go overboard on spending on starting pitching and save some money for upgrades elsewhere, it would help. Jared Sandler was mentioning on the post-game show a couple of days ago, that we will have a good rotation under contract for 2025. We could add some depth to serve as swingmen like Urena has been this year, but the major money should go to the pen and possibly an upgrade at 1B or maybe even catcher.
BTW on Degrom
I agree with your assertion that he should get some innings this year. It would set him up for a likely successful 2025 season if there are no setbacks. Think it was Jaar who said the team should shelve him for the rest of the season.

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here is how the Rangers sit as far as 2025 is concerned (if they do nothing between now and the trade deadline and in the off-season)

Starting Pitching: deGrom, Eovaldi (if they pick up his vested option), Mahle, Gray, Bradford & Dunning with White, Leiter, Teodo, Stephan, Bratt, Acker, Rocker & Porter in the wings

Relievers: Robertson, Hernandez, Latz, Burke, Sborz, & Coleman (?) with Kelly, Church, Winn in the wings

Positional: Semien, Seager, Jung, Lowe, Heim, Langford, Carter, Garcia, Smith, Duran & Huff

in my view the SP is pretty much set (except i might consider bringing Lorenzen back), relief pitching needs at least 2 9maybe 3) additions with one being a quality closer

we will need help at C, 1B & maybe DH

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here is how the Rangers sit as far as 2025 is concerned (if they do nothing between now and the trade deadline and in the off-season)

Starting Pitching: deGrom, Eovaldi (if they pick up his vested option), Mahle, Gray, Bradford & Dunning with White, Leiter, Teodo, Stephan, Bratt, Acker, Rocker & Porter in the wings

Relievers: Robertson, Hernandez, Latz, Burke, Sborz, & Coleman (?) with Kelly, Church, Winn in the wings

Positional: Semien, Seager, Jung, Lowe, Heim, Langford, Carter, Garcia, Smith, Duran & Huff

in my view the SP is pretty much set (except i might consider bringing Lorenzen back), relief pitching needs at least 2 9maybe 3) additions with one being a quality closer

we will need help at C, 1B & maybe DH
Need to keep Eovaldi and work on the BP.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need to keep Eovaldi and work on the BP.
I would keep Eovaldi. I would trade Yates. Think he is going to want big contract after the season he’s having. Robertson is having a good season but he’s 39 going on 40. If they get a good offer for him I would probably take it.