• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

rangers trade thoughts........

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Blue Jays are 14.5 out and they gutted their farm system before the season. I wonder if they'd part with Bautista for a package of prospects not including Profar

I don't see them giving up Bautista. I think he is a long term contract and the Jays probably think they are a couple of pieces away from "really" competing. If you look at the team "on paper" they should be doing a lot better. If they become sellers it might be relief pitching.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's just homerish nonsense, Garza its good but greinke is better, but that said I'm glad Garza is here now, his stuff looked really good last night...now about that offense

How? Garza ERA over last 3 years 3.38, Grenkie over last 3 years 3.48. Also career ERAs are pretty much the same. I'm not being a homer

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can argue either. Grenkie has been a #3 if it wasn't for the cy young year

bradw516

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tim Hudson breaks his ankle and faces season-ending surgery ? and the Atlanta Braves suddenly have to scramble to fill a huge void at the top of their rotation - MLB News | FOX Sports on MSN

"The Rangers ask for Miami Marlins right fielder Giancarlo Stanton “every week,” according to a major-league source, but every week they get the same answer — “no.” So Texas is considering Rios as well as a number of other right-handed hitters, including the Marlins’ Justin Ruggiano and PadresChris Denorfia, sources said."

I admire their perseverance! Maybe Marlins will fold under the constant pressure? One can hope.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tim Hudson breaks his ankle and faces season-ending surgery ? and the Atlanta Braves suddenly have to scramble to fill a huge void at the top of their rotation - MLB News | FOX Sports on MSN

"The Rangers ask for Miami Marlins right fielder Giancarlo Stanton “every week,” according to a major-league source, but every week they get the same answer — “no.” So Texas is considering Rios as well as a number of other right-handed hitters, including the Marlins’ Justin Ruggiano and PadresChris Denorfia, sources said."

I admire their perseverance! Maybe Marlins will fold under the constant pressure? One can hope.

Profar, Perez++

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giving up a pitcher with perez's potential even for Stanton could be a big mistake.

I would have to agree and Stanton is not exactly tearing it up right now. Now if Garza was to resign and Harrison and Feliz and possibly Lewis are healthy next season then I would think about it. But that is a lot of " ifs".

Eriko212121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to hear what JD has dangled for Stanton. I think it would take Profar, Perez and Odor+. I think that would work out well for both teams. Profar isn't an OF, neither is Kinsler. With Sardinas still in the system, the Rangers have MI covered for the next decade. Stanton would be the perfect add for Texas

bradw516

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giving up a pitcher with perez's potential even for Stanton could be a big mistake.

Ordinarily I would be with you, but as things stand now we've got good starting pitching set up for the next few years with Yu, Holland, Harrison, and what many feel is a good shot at resigning Garza. When you look forward at what we've got offensively right now, with the Cruz suspension looming and his free agency, and how miserably inconsistent we have been at the plate, I would be inclined to give up a lot for Stanton. He's a monster bat, young, and has a very friendly contract.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have to agree and Stanton is not exactly tearing it up right now. Now if Garza was to resign and Harrison and Feliz and possibly Lewis are healthy next season then I would think about it. But that is a lot of " ifs".

Pretty hard to when you have nobody in the lineup

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ordinarily I would be with you, but as things stand now we've got good starting pitching set up for the next few years with Yu, Holland, Harrison, and what many feel is a good shot at resigning Garza. When you look forward at what we've got offensively right now, with the Cruz suspension looming and his free agency, and how miserably inconsistent we have been at the plate, I would be inclined to give up a lot for Stanton. He's a monster bat, young, and has a very friendly contract.

This

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stanton isn't exactly tearing it up and there's some big ifs in that post as well

If we can sign garza, if all of those guys can stay healthy. What's the old addage about too much starting pitching?

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanton isn't exactly tearing it up and there's some big ifs in that post as well

If we can sign garza, if all of those guys can stay healthy. What's the old addage about too much starting pitching?

Nobody in the lineup protecting him

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody in the lineup protecting him

From what I've seen Stanton looks a lot like Hamilton. Generational talent, but more interested in swinging the bat than having a good at bat, even if he never sees a strike. Not to mention he seems to be made of glass.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TO early to commit Perez, Profar and Odor for a bat now. May be better options for less pitching so rushing into a trade for Stanton at this time could be a huge mistake. Besides JD doesn't usually rush into anything.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam (Dallas)

Have you had a chance to see/hear about Miguel Alfredo Gonzalez? Does he project as a front-end starter or something lesser?
Klaw (1:08 PM)

Haven’t seen except a little video. Have talked to several scouts who did, general reports seem to have him as a likely above-average MLB starter, fastball up to 96, plus slider, four pitches, arm works. I can’t imagine dealing with the inflation in Cuban free agents, but he’s got to be worth $40MM+ in this market.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I've seen Stanton looks a lot like Hamilton. Generational talent, but more interested in swinging the bat than having a good at bat, even if he never sees a strike. Not to mention he seems to be made of glass.

Well he draws a lot more walks than Hamilton does his on base percentage is 100 points higher than his average