• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

rangers trade thoughts........

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't gotten any responses on the Rios information so I can't really give yall anything new... but I like it as long as chi town eats a chunk of the salary. I do only think that rios is above average... nothing special at all.

btw I'm also doubting nelly's suspension is held off this season. I think its coming guys. Just a suspicion. A few days ago I thought mlb would hold off, but I'm 75% sure that hes not gonna finish the year with us

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't gotten any responses on the Rios information so I can't really give yall anything new... but I like it as long as chi town eats a chunk of the salary. I do only think that rios is above average... nothing special at all.

btw I'm also doubting nelly's suspension is held off this season. I think its coming guys. Just a suspicion. A few days ago I thought mlb would hold off, but I'm 75% sure that hes not gonna finish the year with us

Nobody knows hmmm

slugger82685

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i gotta think with Braun being able to make a deal to serve his time ASAP it would mean Cruz would do the same thing. If he is given that option then I think he takes it because if it goes into 2014, he kills his free agent value whereas if he can take his suspension now and come back in the playoffs and make a good showing he really doesnt lose anything.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya I don't really even think there's a question about it. Cruz won't appeal otherwise he'd be losing millions. The real question is whether MLB is gonna wait to hand the rest of them out, but I'm becoming suspicious that within 2 or 3 weeks its coming.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya I don't really even think there's a question about it. Cruz won't appeal otherwise he'd be losing millions. The real question is whether MLB is gonna wait to hand the rest of them out, but I'm becoming suspicious that within 2 or 3 weeks its coming.

He's losing millions either way

Nobody's going to pay him what he thinks he's worth due to the controversy

If he's suspended this year, he forfeits money that he's already been promised

If Cruz was smart he'd come to an agreement with the Rangers now with language protecting both parties in case of a suspension or a non-suspension

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers have also set their sights on Giants right fielder Hunter Pence, and Mariners designated hitter Kendrys Morales to fill a need for a right-handed bat, baseball sources tell Jeff Wilson of the Star-Telegram. Unlike Rios, Pence and Morales are only signed through the remainder of this season. It's also worth noting that while the White Sox are sure to be sellers, that's not the case with San Francisco or Seattle.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers have also set their sights on Giants right fielder Hunter Pence, and Mariners designated hitter Kendrys Morales to fill a need for a right-handed bat, baseball sources tell Jeff Wilson of the Star-Telegram. Unlike Rios, Pence and Morales are only signed through the remainder of this season. It's also worth noting that while the White Sox are sure to be sellers, that's not the case with San Francisco or Seattle.

I really want Pence, like his heart and hustle to the game

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Davidson ‏@SacBee_JoeD 7m

Matt Garza,the toast of Texas,met w GM,majority owner & other high brass. They want him long term. This isn’t a date.They want marriage

Hmmm. JD loves him some Garza

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya I've heard that Garza and JD are very comfortable because they've tried to get him so many different times. His agent and our front office are very much acquainted. I was told that this was one of the reasons we were willing to give up so much. Unlike the better pitcher, Greinke from last year, they actually think they are more than likely gonna resign him. The only thing I wasn't told was whether it was gonna be during the season or if he was gonna test free agency.

A world series ring might help our cause though...

slugger82685

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya I've heard that Garza and JD are very comfortable because they've tried to get him so many different times. His agent and our front office are very much acquainted. I was told that this was one of the reasons we were willing to give up so much. Unlike the better pitcher, Greinke from last year, they actually think they are more than likely gonna resign him. The only thing I wasn't told was whether it was gonna be during the season or if he was gonna test free agency.

You know, I will be the first to admit that I didnt think a Garza trade would put us over the top and I know the Yankees offense is not near as strong as in the past, but it isn't awful either, still Garza was dominant tonight and a real bulldog for us. He looked like an ace tonight and if he continues pitching like this the rest of the season, I do hope they are able to resign him. It sounds like Garza is already enjoying being with us, although its probably more of being on a winning team lol.....at least 3 years of Darvish, Garza, Holland, Harrison, Ogando/Perez would make for a dangerous full rotation and that is something we really have never had.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I had a feeling that's why they gave up so much was because they had a lot of confidence re signing him. And to me I like garza more than Grenkie. Garza is actually a better pitcher now. Then what he was on the rays

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a feeling that's why they gave up so much was because they had a lot of confidence re signing him. And to me I like garza more than Grenkie. Garza is actually a better pitcher now. Then what he was on the rays

that's just homerish nonsense, Garza its good but greinke is better, but that said I'm glad Garza is here now, his stuff looked really good last night...now about that offense

Eriko212121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Blue Jays are 14.5 out and they gutted their farm system before the season. I wonder if they'd part with Bautista for a package of prospects not including Profar

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notice that Odor did not play for a 2nd straight night. Not sure if he has a minor issue so they are not putting him on the DL or if he is being held out for trade/other reasons.

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notice that Odor did not play for a 2nd straight night. Not sure if he has a minor issue so they are not putting him on the DL or if he is being held out for trade/other reasons.

I have heard of pitchers being held back but not position players. Unless the Rangers are being cautious and not risking him getting hurt. But probably not.