• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

rangers trade thoughts........

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe if he was 27, like sanchez, then i could see that. but not when he turns 30 before the start of next season. especially with minor elbow issues. i could stretch and see 4 for 60 mill. but not much beyond that. and yes, i do think he's better than sanchez also.
The elbow issue in my opinion will be the only reason he wouldn't get it. Being 30 won 't be an issue...many good years left...

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe if he was 27, like sanchez, then i could see that. but not when he turns 30 before the start of next season. especially with minor elbow issues. i could stretch and see 4 for 60 mill. but not much beyond that. and yes, i do think he's better than sanchez also.

Because he's a much better pitcher and a big game pitcher he will get his money you can bank on that. He'll get at least 80 and he should.

elziegreat42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Anybody intersted in Alfonso Soriano? He would move Murphy out of the starting spot tho I don't know his contract situation and what he would cost.

yes. especially considering the haul the cubs got. i was almost positive the cubs wouldve thrown in somebody else. unlikely soriano happens now because he probably wouldve been packaged with garza if it was going to happen

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now on to offense. Keep checking on Colorado losing. They are 3 to 1 to Miami. Welcome Refugee!

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody intersted in Alfonso Soriano? He would move Murphy out of the starting spot tho I don't know his contract situation and what he would cost.
I kind of thought we might be packaging him up in some kind of mega trade with the Cubbies...provided of course they eat a chunk of his contract...the Cubs just might have done it too, they want out from under that...

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't give him up because they were going to make a legitimate run for him in the off season. Thank God he didn't sign for that money in Texas because LA gave him a stupid contract which he can even opt out in the middle which Texas was not going to balk on.

BTW Garza is NOT inferior to Greinke. Not one bit. Seriously?

Literally across the board he is dude haha. I posted an article about it the other day. Every single stat (keep in mind this year they arent accurate because both have been injured) Greinke is better than Garza

elziegreat42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Now on to offense. Keep checking on Colorado losing. They are 3 to 1 to Miami.

cuddyer's bat in this lineup would be nice! i know people will say his numbers are inflated by Coor's. but, he has good splits to boot! plus, he hit well in the cavernous yard in minny

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there any conceivable way of getting Cargo? I would literally give up anyone minus gallo or brinson for him. Seriously.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Literally across the board he is dude haha. I posted an article about it the other day. Every single stat (keep in mind this year they arent accurate because both have been injured) Greinke is better than Garza

If I needed one big game by a pit bull there is no question I want Garza taking the mound over Greinke. Greinke is not the number 1 ace on the level of a CC, Cain, Felix etc and he got that money. 147 million for Greinke? I'd rather have Garza at 90 million than Greinke at his salary. Look at Garza's playoff history as well.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cuddyer's bat in this lineup would be nice! i know people will say his numbers are inflated by Coor's. but, he has good splits to boot! plus, he hit well in the cavernous yard in minny
Cuddyer had a good bat in Minnesota, he'd do more than fine in Texas.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hesitant giving up the farm on a pretty good hitter that plays for the Rockies. Kind of like giving up the farm for a fabulous pitcher that play in a pitchers park half the time.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep and Josh Hamiltons Mendoza Line tracker.

nice to see ya Randy, you'll get use to the format...the constant refresh is a little annyoing, but it's the volume of the total board, I can understand why they wouldn't want a newer V-Bulletin.

I'm lainey here....but I was known as lainey on the other board...just so there's no confusion

Sexy

Emotion in Motion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greinke in 2012: 6-2, 3.53 ERA, 1.187 WHIP, 1.1 HR/9, 7.9 SO/9, 3.00 SO/BB
Garza in 2012: 5-7, 3.91 ERA, 1.177 WHIP, 1.3 HR/9, 8.3 SO/9, 3.00 SO/BB
Garza this year: 6-1, 3.17 ERA, 1.141 WHIP, 1.0 HR/9, 7.9 SO/9, 3.10 SO/BB

Go figure. Garza's numbers were worse than Greinke's last year, but this year they are better than Greinke's in 2012 even with his injuries.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nice to see ya Randy, you'll get use to the format...the constant refresh is a little annyoing, but it's the volume of the total board, I can understand why they wouldn't want a newer V-Bulletin.

I'm lainey here....but I was known as lainey on the other board...just so there's no confusion

I remember you well lainey. The majority of the usernames here I recognize from ESPN.