• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

rangers trade thoughts........

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay so this was my text "Do you have any news I'm allowed to share? Apparently jorge alfaro was pulled from the game tonight"

"Trade talks with a team had a lot of momentum. When this happened Jorge was pulled. Since then, they have slowed down. I'm still trying to figure out who it was for. Hopefully someone great, because I think highly of the kid. We're still talking to the team now. I scouted CO and ATL tonight, so if it was for one of these players you'd think they would let me know. But I'll keep you posted"

elziegreat42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Okay so this was my text "Do you have any news I'm allowed to share? Apparently jorge alfaro was pulled from the game tonight"

"Trade talks with a team had a lot of momentum. When this happened Jorge was pulled. Since then, they have slowed down. I'm still trying to figure out who it was for. Hopefully someone great, because I think highly of the kid. We're still talking to the team now. I scouted CO and ATL tonight, so if it was for one of these players you'd think they would let me know. But I'll keep you posted"

i wonder if "slowed down" means not going to happen?

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep in mind that he said the same thing when the MG trade fell through but we still made that happen.

He also added the comment that Jorge was just activated off of the DL recently, so he can't imagine he was pulled to be called up so soon. So he believes the rumors he was hearing about him almost being in a trade were true.

elziegreat42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
tomorrow will be fun! i anticipate hearing about what will happen with biogenesis in the morning and will be glued to my phone trolling twitter for deadline news

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wow and the kid has a lot of potential. Probably could be an all star caliber one. What team were they talking to?

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW Jeff Wilson tweeted that Cruz hasn't decided whether to appeal or not... bullshit haha he's serving it

But its a shame that the trade lost its legs because if it was for Jorge you'd think JD would be getting someone solid

elziegreat42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
as i alluded to another post on a different thread. i heard yesterday on mlb network and twitter that we should hear something about biogenesis in the morning so it at least gives gm's a chance to make the necessary adjustments before the deadline. also, it's unlikey colon and melky cabrera get suspended. but most of you anticipated that already.....

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW Jeff Wilson tweeted that Cruz hasn't decided whether to appeal or not... bullshit haha he's serving it

But its a shame that the trade lost its legs because if it was for Jorge you'd think JD would be getting someone solid

A lot can happen in 16 hours.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn't mind hanging onto Jorge though either... ya know

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow and the kid has a lot of potential. Probably could be an all star caliber one. What team were they talking to?

Don't know. Let me just add this about the guy. I like him a lot and he has been awesome giving me inside info the last 3 or so years, but on MANY occasions he's deliberately kept something hidden for me. I mean this is understandable of course. I'm just saying he could know more than he is telling me but he doesn't think he's allowed to reveal it yet.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For like 5 games lol

I asked if Jorge getting a night off had anything to do with it and he said "The rumor is he was involved in a trade. That's all I know. It would be a strange time to give one of our best prospects a rest at this time of year because surely there were scouts in attendance"

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know. Let me just add this about the guy. I like him a lot and he has been awesome giving me inside info the last 3 or so years, but on MANY occasions he's deliberately kept something hidden for me. I mean this is understandable of course. I'm just saying he could know more than he is telling me but he doesn't think he's allowed to reveal it yet.

Oh gotcha. They did mention that we were scouting the Toronto bash brothers and the Rockies had some scouts in Cleveland

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@terpsfball09

Just want to thank you for sharing all your inside trade deadline info with us

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No problem, I hope everyone is satisfied by tomorrow's gametime!